Thread: To all those that are being affected by Hurrican Rita

Default To all those that are being affected by Hurrican Rita

Our prayers are there for you. Hope you all stay safe and have a home to return to intact.

Peaches

Default Re: To all those that are being affected by Hurrican Rita

Thanks, Peaches.

I'm not in the direct path of the storm, but "close enough" that I have to seek shelter tomorrow morning before the brunt of the storm hits my location. Right now the wind is rattling the windows of my place, and I can hear creaking in the building's frame, and the storm hasn't yet made landfall. Tomorrow, if possible, I'll be on IRC. Hurricane party.

Parents evacuated from Galveston and are in Houston; they're fine, and staying with relatives (who have a very sturdy home). Even if they wanted to get out of town these last few days, they couldn't, what with the gridlock on the roads.

Everyone else who's impacted by this thing... good luck, and stay safe!

Edit: Update. Like Tant, we were spared most of the storm's energy. Fairly intense winds in the early morning, dark clouds during most of the afternoon, and generally windy conditions. We lucked out here, but other people in the path of this thing weren't so lucky.

Ah, we here in Houston missed the brunt of Rita's wrath with just a bit of rain and some gusty winds. Methinks one of the best decisions I've made in the past few years was NOT to evacuate and ride this storm out. Otherwise I'd likely still be stuck on some highway out of gas and out of patience. [:P]

Best wishes and prayers to all in Jefferson County and to those near Cameron, La . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Got lucky up here in Shreveport...Rita was supposed to sit on top of us and give us 15-25 inches of rain. Best guess is I got 6 at the apartment (so the radar says anyways) before Rita moved out.
    My thoughts are with those who took the worst of the storm. And with the poor folks of New Orleans who just when they thought things were looking up, had the city flooded again.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Find out tomorrow how many will be coming from down there up to Camp Williams here. I'll be there to help how I can. :)

Thread Information