Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your Input here!!! Size of ancients should be??

Default Re: Your Input here!!! Size of ancients should be??

Quote Originally Posted by vannessa
    hmmmm i think dragons are far too big in this game already, i avoid grouping with them coz u can't see the mobs let alone target them so the smaller the better in my book ( without turning them into familiars of course)
    Doing a search on your other posts it is quite plain to see you are a Troll.

Post such as this one, in a revival of an old post in General:

Quote Originally Posted by vannessa
    Hmmmm to be honest i've got to disagree about wanting to group with a Dragon!!
    as soon as you join a dragon u have 2 options- Zoom right out with ur camera or be blind!!

i have never and will never group with a dragon, they may be great damage dealers but if u have to rely on someone (or thing) else to win a battle u probably shouldn't be there.

sorry to all those dragons out there but if i had my way your characters would be scrapped and the dragon would become a mob ripe for the slaughter
    Don't feed the Troll.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Mirsathia wrote:Having gotten Ancient yesterday - I'm EXTRMELY happy with the size. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Not too big, not too small. Easily discernible from adults.

What's the problem, again? Another 1/6 addition to height? Pffft.

~Mirsathia
    The problem is the only way to tell an Ancient from an Adult when they are not standing right next to each other is the fact that the New Ancient looks like a Giraffe. The only way I can tell is the long neck.
    Then a 15% size boost isn't going to make any difference either. What is really needed is to make more difference in the two models. Like you point out, from a distance the size is pretty irrelevant in telling an ancient from an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Mirsathia wrote:Having gotten Ancient yesterday - I'm EXTRMELY happy with the size. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Not too big, not too small. Easily discernible from adults.

What's the problem, again? Another 1/6 addition to height? Pffft.

~Mirsathia
    The problem is the only way to tell an Ancient from an Adult when they are not standing right next to each other is the fact that the New Ancient looks like a Giraffe. The only way I can tell is the long neck.

Then a 15% size boost isn't going to make any difference either. What is really needed is to make more difference in the two models. Like you point out, from a distance the size is pretty irrelevant in telling an ancient from an adult.
    Try Guaran's ancient model pack. The 15% boost makes a TREMENDOUS difference.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Agreed. You have to remember it isn't just the 15%, it is the fact that the model itself is proportioned differently.

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Old Model.

1. We've seen it for 2 years. It's what we expected. It's what the devs told us time and time again "Lookie how cool you will be when you become Ancient".
    2. Better-proportioned.
    3. Easier for bipeds to see mobs underneath.
    4. No way someone can mistake even the smallest Ancient as an Adult.
    ditto

sorry to all those dragons out there but if i had my way your characters would be scrapped and the dragon would become a mob ripe for the slaughter
    It's in these situations that I hate that Horizons is not PvP. In WoW that statement would equate to "kill me, kill me more, kill me all days all day".

About the models:

The models were:
    - cool
    - big and for an ancient dragon big is the reward.
    - well proportioned
    - correct: For quite a long while I longed to that models that sported white fangs, and correctly colored horns and claws. The current models are as borked as the adult ones, I FAIL to understand why it's so hard to fix those bitmap masks / whatever they used to mask out parts of the textures.
    - awe inspiring. The other half of being a dragon. I walked at one of them as hatchling and since that day I knew one day I'd be like him. Not for a second I was so pessimistic to think that one day HIM would become like me instead.

Seriously this is an unkind backstab at our roleplay, which for a dragon is as important and tangible as teched improved revitalize V is to a biped.

Dragons, we ARE the roleplay. Without dragons half the literature would be pointless.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Without Dragons I think Horizons would have long ago died.

I have even made a self extracting installer for the Original models. I'll host it when i get home tonight after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

It's in these situations that I hate that Horizons is not PvP. In WoW that statement would equate to "kill me, kill me more, kill me all days all day".
    Check my post above, Vahr. Don't feed the Troll.

- Albert Einstein

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

I think the 'Troll' in question has fled these boards, well at least the dragon boards.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    I dunno. I kinda think it looks like an ostrich myself. Neck seems to have the same curve and downward pointing beak/snout.[:(]

Old model and size! Though fixed where ever fixes are needed (I have a few hollows in my "fins" on me head)
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

*hops on bandwagen*

Old model/size. Can't really add to what anybody else has said thus far.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Astrianna

The Old Modle [Y]

Arg, I already voted but I want to say again. Old size! My roommate (who plays a biped) ported into Bristugo, saw a lone dragon standing there, and turns to me and asks. "Do you know if <dragon name> is an ancient or not? I can't tell." I went and looked at her screen, and I couldn't tell either. Since I was unsure if that particular dragon had ascended or not, she had to use /who to find out. That's sad. :(
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Tympest
    Since I was unsure if that particular dragon had ascended or not, she had to use /who to find out. That's sad. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    Ouch!! If that just doesn't say it all then I don't know what would [:@]

- Albert Einstein

(old model is gonna win this vote anyhow, but some more hands don't bother I think)

Old model, the bigger the dragonner ^_^
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

yeah, sure! if only it _was_ a vote!...
    if the devs aren't going to switch it back, they just aren't.
    WE JUST NEED TO HEAR SOMETHING FROM THEM AT THIS POINT.
    i mean, wow... how many threads? how many posts? dead silence?
    great. yeah, that really doesn't bode well.

I agree with the majority of you; Ancients should be huge, not mistaken for adults. It's ridiculous that they shrunk them, for a reason we aren't even sure of. Look at all these complaints. At all these people who want the old model. If these idiot devs don't do something, and soon, I can see Horizons dying.

Pay attention to paying customers, idiots!

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Back to the top with this one.
    It's one of the most important issues in this game.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Skrogg

Old model for me, thanks!

Thread Information