Thread: Downloads

Default Downloads

Is someone updating Pekka's craft calculator, or Pekka's map pack? Just wondering, cause they are looking somewhat out of date.

Aphion

Default Re: Downloads

Im using pekkas map pack currently and most of the time its accurate not fully but the majority of the things Ive checked out using the map were there.

We plan to make some form of map pack, or at the very least map definition files that you can drop in yourself, available from our site once we get the proper information completed.

Currently, we could generate something featuring NPC's, Machines and Teleports... Is this something that people really want right now or will Pekka's map pack make due for now? Most of the NPC's should really be in more or less the same places as when that was last updated and there shouldn't be that many additional ones added, either.

I also want to see if we can't generate a really nice large scale map, suitable for printing, at some point as well. I've always kinda liked having large large maps available to hang on the wall :-)

oneirosuchus

I would dearly love to have a large printed map of Istaria ... even if I did have to have it reprinted periodically!

I'd suggest dividing the map pack project into at least two subprojects. The biggest problem I had with the ingame map was the markers. Since they were all white, they were pretty well useless in snowy areas. Pekka's has developed an excellent group of markers. So markers alone would help many. That could be done separately from the map itself.

Then I came to depend on Pekka's additional information, but initially I had had more info than they on my map.Now I consider it invaluable.

Later, the ingame map changed to overly bright, and then more recently the resolution was changed, so Pekka's became indispensable for me.

Pekka's and the Horizons Crafting Calculator are both excellent tools. I don't think either is being maintained atm, and I would like to see them updated.

I heard that there is now a way to keep Pekkas (and the outside emotes, like Swythe's most excellent emotes) installed, despite patches, but I have not seen explicit instructions for doing this, although I have not looked lately. (The combined install package may take care of this?) The reload issue has been a continuing irritant.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

You put the files into resources_override and it will not affect patching.

This works for Amereliums ambient sounds as well.

Matecuss

Pekka has not played Horizons for a good while now, and I'm not sure if anyone currently is planning on updating it. It would be nice to have an updated one for sure [:)].

I've had some thoughts on this earlier in the year, an idea I think would be neat is to have some sort of map manager utility that would allow you to pick'n'mix which layers and mapsyou're more interested in and it would build a mappack for use in the game. This would reduce the size of the marker files and reduce clutter on the map itself, whilst allowing a much larger selection of markers. Players could add their own set of markers and/or maps and grow the database. This way you could create different layers to list shard specific plot machines, and the player themselves could decide which one to use. I wanted to do something like this, but I'm barely finding enough time for HCC2. [^o)]

HCC is only being occasionally updated (I've recently updated it with the metal resource changes, and some component updates). This is mainly due to the efforts being put on it's replacement. A few of us are busy working on it which aims to avoid the pitfalls of the old one, mainly it's speed, usuablility and stale data. [;)]. We're hoping to have it ready once we've made one major change to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    This works for Amereliums ambient sounds as well.
    Okay my curiosity is raised. More info please.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Swythe Quirksettle

You modders might need this info.
    If you guys use the resource override directory, make sure to duplicate the directory tree in the resource folder exactly.
    For a clear example, my emotes installer has a debug mode. Run it with the argument "-d" at the command prompt. It should avoid cleaning up the batch file in the folder 'temp' called install.bat and also give debug messages (useful when you are doing tech support on it).

Thread Information