Thread: Libraries Somewhat useful, but implemented wrong?

Default Libraries Somewhat useful, but implemented wrong?

I took a look at the restrictions for libraries and as stated, they are not really worth the effort.

The differencebetween a teir 1 guildhouse and a library:
    almost the same size, the guildhouse is only slightly larger
    the resources to build that guildhouse are much lessthen ateir II library
    guildhouse hasstack capacity of60 andthe libraryis 50
    bulk of guildhouse is 7200 where library is 50.

This means that I can hold 120 copies of 60 different forms in a building that takes less resources and just a little more room if I choose a teir I guildhouse.

Let's say I am a part of a guild with 50 members. I want to keep 5 (10%)copies of forms for the future as my members grow and learn new abilities. For a teir 4 library, I can store either 75 different forms or 5 each of 15 different forms or some combination similar. The resources it takes to even build one of these structures seems like it should hold at least 250 stacks of forms in the teir IV version. Especially when you consider Resource forms alone, I have 88 scribed.

Now, if the bulk of forms were made 0, the current item limit would better, still not as good as a guildhouse, but at least somewhat more close to useful. The best solution would be to put some sort of restriction on the type of item to be stored in the building. For example: had to be a Formula like the sort tab from a connie and remove the bulk restriction. Also, the stack limits should be increased.

I really appreciate you listening to us and adding libraries, butthe building of that size only able to hold 50 pieces of paper? If this were a bookshelf put into a house, then I wouldn't even care about the resources to build it, but the pay off here is justout of whack whencompared to what is already in game.

Again, thanks for trying, but I'll stick to guildhouses for now.

Flozzie

Default Re: Libraries Somewhat useful, but implemented wrong?

I say 100, 400, 800stacks; 300, 1200, 2400 bulk, respectively.

In another thread, it was noted that they cannot restrict the type of items stored in a library, but could do so on a consiger-style NPC. The answer might be to include a "librarian" who would store these items for an unlimited amount of time, and who could be set, like other NPCs, to "deny all, allow all or guild only" in the plot permissions window. This might also have the effect of taking some pressure off the item database. Item limits would remain the same, but larger stacks would be allowed.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Furniture is neat.

I'd build one just for the aesthetics but... the T6 structuring made me mess my pants. Like 800 radient required... <GULP>

But, it is very pretty.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Howo can it be bad for the database if people will just build guildhouses anyways? Increase the stacks and keep the cap the same and it will actuallyl make difference enough betwen the 2 to be worth building one.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Amon told us in IRC that libraries will be changing. Right now they are limited because a library can store any item you want, which is hopefully going to be changing, and libraries boosted to something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I say 100, 400, 800stacks; 300, 1200, 2400 bulk, respectively.
    I agree Guaran. Especially if it will hold enough forms for a whole guild to use/store.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Thread Information