Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A call to arms.

Default Re: A call to arms.

PvP of dragons v. Bipeds? Lets have the PvP arena from Blight to live and leave it at that. I haven't yet had a chance to do PvP but from reading the posts in this forum I'm not too surprised. Dragons are extremely strong at 1v1 combat and can probably sustain a higher damage output against a single target than any biped. On the other hand bipeds are able to handle large groups of monsters that would kill any dragon.

Seems like dragons are frustrated because with ARoP over there's nothing to do (at least thats the case for me) and bipeds are frustrated because all the attention over the last year has been on improving dragons.

What the devs need to do is trot out some adventurer content for everyone that would make hunting fun again and give pure adventurers a reason to fight. Yes, what we need is not PvP, its LOOT. Real, exciting useable adventurer loot. We need monsters to drop more, rare, epic and set items. Many more of them. And we need some of them to be useable by dragons. Almost all other RPGS have real loot. Why? Because it works to provide reward for effort. Only Horizons seems to be different with its aversion to adventurer loot. Time to change that. Whatever happened to the new loot crystals announced nearly a year ago? How come there are so few set and unique items? Why are there no set and unique items for dragons?

Do I think dragons are underpowered and need to be buffed? Do I think uberpeds are overpowered and need nerfs? Not really. But everyone should have some way to improve their character so there is some reward for effort.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tribunal wrote:

thats awemazing, cuz you know dralk is just the place to hang. But I bet you've already taken into account that Dralk is the best place for obsidian, also flame/fire pygmies and orges have comps that are used in some very important techs for T-IV I only hear WTB: Whatever Jaw/ear all the time on MP

LOL

I'm sure all those multi level 100 characters are there for the tier IV mobs. Probably can't handle tier V stuff yet.
    haha I know man what am I thinking, I just came from the ultimate crafting guild on chaos, and they all loved doing Obsidian, god I'm so clueless... I only need something and 6 times outa 10 they say I'm at dralks obsi, and yes many of them did have more than 1 100, for our main crafters the average was 3.

I just can't believe how fun it is to just sit somewhere espicially dralk and do nothing, comepletey forgot that it was everyones favorite past time.

Go back and read the original post where I said pvp should only include those with 100 in their CURRENT school to make it fair.
    You are THE epitomy of why I hate dragons.

Quoting Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos

Go back and read the original post where I said pvp should only include those with 100 in their CURRENT school to make it fair.

Quoting Dhalin
    ..and you, sir, are THE epitome of what disgusts me the most about biped players when they have no clue what they are talking about and want to just stir ******** up in the forums.

Useless.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thisthread is the epitome of what disgusts me the most about this forum, all horizons forums, all game forums, hell all forurms. The tendency to take the remarks of one individual and use those to characterize a larger group of which the original individual is a part of.

1 Dragon Whine: All Dragons are Whiners!

1 Dragon wantsDragons to be made into supreme godlike beings with bipeds endlessly subservient:All Dragons must want that!

1 biped trolls the Dragon/Suggestion/etc forum making incendiary posts : All bipeds must be insensitive jackasses who hate dragons and have no clue what they're talking aobut.

etcetera

etcetera

etcetera

Its all grade A Bovine Excrement
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

another good sum up of the forums I've heard as of late, atleast its nothing like this in the actual game.

you could getin a feirce arguement with someone here and be best of friends in game lol.

Yep, this thead is definately worthless. I just got flamed for remarking that there are frequently bipeds in Dralk. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the way I didthat the bipeds were tier V and Dralk is Tier IV. This place brings out the worst in me.Itstarted in the gutter and went down from there.

Reminds me of the adage:

"It is useless to wrestle with a pig. You'll both get filthy but only one of you will enjoy it."

This thread ought to be locked or something.Those who justlike to flame should be in Rants.

I'm outta here. If anyone wants to flame me be my guest because I'm not coming back and will neither see nor care.

Just pointing out to be a biped in Dralk you almost need to be T5 material. Its not the same as seeing lvl 70 dragons owning T6 you know.

I will also say that yeah, this threads death is overdue. What started as a simple idea for max classeddragons and bipeds to be able to fight each other with a point to it allof titles brought mostly flaming. It is obviously nothing thats going to happen here because of all the dragon/biped politics.
    Ancient dragonshave thepower to rip apart bipeds. It is not picking on them. It is just adding a risk for them and new playability to the game. 95% of bipeds wouldnt attack the dragons anyways. Im just one of the 5% that would.
    There is one person on Chaos so far as I know, PJ, has the Demon Slayer title. Nobody else is going to get it since SoG cant be stunned or rooted anymore. I want the Dragon slayer title and this seems as good a way as any to get it, killing a set number of Ancient Dragons=P

Just pointing out to be a biped in Dralk you almost need to be T5 material. Its not the same as seeing lvl 70 dragons owning T6 you know.
    Yeah maybe T6 NECROFLIES AND FYAKKI. Lets face it those 2 mobs need to seriously be increased in power. But if your talking Tier 6 travertine golems or perhaps the Avatars of Anguish, Fear, Pain that are all over lvl 100 it is going to be a whole different story altogether.

What started as a simple idea for max classeddragons and bipeds to be able to fight each other with a point to it allof titles brought mostly flaming. It is obviously nothing thats going to happen here because of all the dragon/biped politics.
    You're not going to get it because Horizons will NEVER be PvP like you are suggesting. It's just not going to happen. What we have on BLIGHT was meant to be ONLY a toy for the devs and players. It will never see the light of day on the Live shards (it better not, anyway). This attitude of yours being one of the prime reasons why it will not be.

Ancient dragonshave thepower to rip apart bipeds. It is not picking on them. It is just adding a risk for them and new playability to the game. 95% of bipeds wouldnt attack the dragons anyways. Im just one of the 5% that would.
    I played in the Arena. I don't classify my capability there any more "ripping apart bipeds" than the capability of the bipeds I fought being "ripping apart Dragons". Granted, the vast majority of the people there are MMCs, but then again, I would argue that a significant percentage of the biped toons in the game are MMCs, MUCH more than 5%.

There is one person on Chaos so far as I know, PJ, has the Demon Slayer title. Nobody else is going to get it since SoG cant be stunned or rooted anymore. I want the Dragon slayer title and this seems as good a way as any to get it, killing a set number of Ancient Dragons=P
    I don't know what the circumstances are surrounding PJ's honorific, and don't really care, as it isn't germane to the topic. You're still not going to get rewards for PvP because PvP isn't part of Horizons. Period. End of discussion.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

In reply to Goriax post.

I had writtin like a 10 paragraph post that explained why even when your T-V that sometimes you might actually have to go down a bit. Anyhow I decided the nice thing to do is not to post it so I write this instead, please know I don't think I flammed you (but here comes one) I guess I tried to hard to get my comment of people only being in towns if they have a reason through your thick head. That last sentence is the shortened version of what my Original Post was going to be. Anyhow I guess if you felt attacked ([8-)]) I'm sorry. I wont go any futher because I know I'll break off into something worse again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tarran of Chaos wrote: Just pointing out to be a biped in Dralk you almost need to be T5 material. Its not the same as seeing lvl 70 dragons owning T6 you know.

Yeah maybe T6 NECROFLIES AND FYAKKI. Lets face it those 2 mobs need to seriously be increased in power. But if your talking Tier 6 travertine golems or perhaps the Avatars of Anguish, Fear, Pain that are all over lvl 100 it is going to be a whole different story altogether.
    eh, I was a lvl 70 Bi-ped and I took out T6s... just alil know how and anyone can do it, and to the other one than Necroflies and Fyakki... I found Aboms to be very easy also, Tribunals opinion is that they are all underpowerd and not as hard as they could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tarran of Chaos wrote:

Quoting Dhalin

..and you, sir, are THE epitome of what disgusts me the most about biped players when they have no clue what they are talking about and want to just stir [Censored] up in the forums.

Useless.
    Ya know malt...if this goof got his wish I think I would be siding with the dragons just to hand him his ****** and show him that this particular biped wants no part of his insane dream. Biped v Dragon 1 v 1 what a joke! Dragons are gonna win 80-90% of those fights hands down. The ones they don't win? 60-40 draw-lose.

LOL This is actually funny :) Someone with as much experience as he claims thinking that free-for-all dragon v biped is a good thing ROFLMFAO!

I join you in your disgust of this person wholeheartedly and without reservation

Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Tarran,

If you copied to blight, let me know when you are on. You can "Hunt" my dragon at the Arena. His name is Skald.

Bring Appetizers...er, friends. [;)]

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

To take a dragon out with my character I would have to max reaver early and im on zerker first for strength. I would also master spellbind to lead off with. Those would be the requirements to expect success in a 1vs1 against an underworked overpowered dragon in an arena fight.
    As far as win or lose, I spent years in dueling pits as a mage with no armor against dex ho warriorsand the last ******** thing I am about to do is stand there and let you hit me. You get one stun that I know of but its slow and you have to get to me first. With buffs I can take one incoming gold rage if I screw up timing. Other than instant heal if it meant the difference, I wouldnt even heal in the match since dragons can take away a hell of alot more than you heal if they touch you so its not worth it. Anyway this is beside the point. I suggested non arena combat where anything can and would happen. Mismatched groups, lots of room to stay out of reach and work tactics, and above all the chance to strike the first and probably deciding blow of the fight.
    Bottom line here is, you guys have all the power that Tulga's poor choices have given you, and of course that tremendous power goes straight to your egos,but you can still die. A biped just has to spend about a year more on his adv classes than you do and thats just crap especially with all the powerleveling nerfs.
    You dragons should never be what you are in the first place because you only earned half of it, and I youre not about to get any respect from me because Tulga gave you godlike physical power. Thats not you, its all Tulga.

Tarran,

I have a rating 166 biped. so I know what bipeds can do. btw, Kwinn used the very tactics you are suggesting to employ. Which are good tactics, but don't think I am helpless and that you can maintain it. I know Kwinn is an exceptional player and expected a good fight, but even he couldnt keep me from closing into melee range on several occasions.

He used Binding Crystals, Ice shackles, mezzes, and still never got me below half health. The arena has lots of room to employ those tactics too. Kwinn did it masterfully. I have alot of respect for Kwinns skills.

My dragon is not set up like most dragons, I think you would be surprised. Now Im not claiming that I can beat you, I haven't fought you yet. However, my record stands at 19 kills/3 Draws/and 2 loses. Mind you, half of those were done as an adult, not an ancient. *read I didnt have the stun at that time*

My 2 loses were to Nefrett and Viceroy. My hats off to their skills.

I killed all kinds of classes including the super stunning Elemental Archer class that used Lightning arrows. I managed to close on them even with all the stuns and them trying to kite me. How did I do it? I did it because I have skills too. Don't think im going to sit there and let you maintain a distance either, I can fly faster than you can run.

As far as, who has the ego? All I am attempting to point out to you is to be careful what you ask for.

EDIT: At such a time that you finish your other classes and want a duel, please let me know. I won't boast or brag, or taunt you should I win. I am even willing to admit that I could lose. I have lost twice already. I actually would like to see Dragon vs. Biped to "Thin the herd" so to speak. It would make being a dragon rarer and more special. But others do not share my viewpoint.

Regards,

Skald

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

No arguement that a dragon is the toughest in PvP arena. Only a few builds can kill a dragon and thats if there lucky. Otherwise all the other classes would have to hope that theDragon just came back from the Kentucky Fried Chicken drive thru and was either stuffng his face or his hands were to slippery on the mouse and keyboard to properly fight. And even if he was half baked at the keyboard the dragon would more then likely still win......:)

Love ya G

Jayne

LOL, Jayne

Actually, from the gossip at the blight arena, I was hearing that most dragons have it tough. But that was when we all were Adult still. The new ancient abilities
    do add alot of firepower to the dragon.

Before Ancient I watched and heard of bipeds taking on 3 dragons at once and killing them quite handily.

Thread Information