Thread: Anyone else have this happen to them??

Default Anyone else have this happen to them??

Well, i have 3 active accounts tied together. my wife asked me a little while ago if i hadgiven another member of the guild the guild master title of our guild. i said no, but sure as day, there on the guild screen, someone else was now Gm of our guild.So i log in Laneth to see what is up. To top it off, my plot is now up for sale bu my character screen says i still own it. the other 2 plots owned by characters on my account were untouched. It has only been about 3 weeks, maybe 4 since i have had this character logged in. A day or two before the last character copy to blight. I have sent in a support ticket and now i will wait to see IF i get a response on it. This is really frustrating.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them??
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Default Re: Anyone else have this happen to them??

Oh yes. Once, right after a maintenance, another person was made the Guidlmaster of the guild. Her repeated attempts to make me the GM always resulted in her being made the GM again soon after. Me logging in and being present while the title was transferred back to me fixed this.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

heh, the only problem with that is the person that it gave the title to logs on about once in a blue moon if we are lucky
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Well, the guild leader status has to do with how long its been since you logged Laneth in. I have one of my chars holding onto the original TP lineup and didn't know I had to log her in like once a month to keep her that way. A friend from that lineup came back to the game and made the move to the new TP and made mention he was made GL. So I'm gonna have to log her in a bit more often now. lol

I did manage to get GL status back on that character by having her logged in for like 10 minutes. The person the game had given GL status to was the person I started TP with and he hasn't played in yonks. So looks like it will give it to the person who has logged in most recently and if no one has it will revert back t the eldest member who has been in the guild the longest.

As for your plot, I've no clue really on that. hope it doesn't sell and gets sorted out.

umm I'm pretty sure GL status is tied into whether the account is still be paid for or not ?

Either way since his plot is up for sale this suggests that the game believes his account is no longer active. A definite bug that needs addressing and probably individual attention of a GM.

it's been that way since the beggining so guild leadersare on active accounts. I've been told it's every two weeks.

It does not care if account is payed or not. The chars last login counts. If GL did not log in for some time (2-4 weeks? not sure) the oldest and loged in (last 2 weeks) member gets it.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Pretty sure the GL has to have logged in within the last 30 days for it not to transfer to the next oldest guild member who has logged in within that period. At least, that is how it worked when the GL got passed along in Obsidian Order.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Yes, this is how I got the leadership of the guild as well. If the current GM does not log in within 30 days, the title passes on to the next eldest person (in terms of time spent as a member of guild) who has logged in within 30 days. Whether your account is active or not has nothing to do with it.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

The process seems to be buggy. Shortly before we left the Leadership of our Guild transferred to another member even though I had logged Sinistre in at least once every 10 days to belay that from happening. As well, even if he had not logged in the Leadership should have been handed to Arirabeth, who was co-leader at the time and who was in game on a more regular basis.

That did not happen. We had to have Dev intervention to fix it.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Oh yes. Once, right after a maintenance, another person was made the Guidlmaster of the guild. Her repeated attempts to make me the GM always resulted in her being made the GM again soon after. Me logging in and being present while the title was transferred back to me fixed this.
    ******** that was frustrating! And you had logged in only a couple of days before...wierd.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Thread Information