Thread: Transport Error anyone?

Default Transport Error anyone?

I normally use the launcher that doesn't require connecting through a web browser, but on maintenance days I use the web browser one to check server status. From what I can tell the servers are back up from today's maintenance. (If this is wrong than that explains the problem ;)).

When I try to log in via my standard launcher, however, I get a Transport Error (108) "The client has been disconnected at the request of the simulation." right after it does the "Requesting Manifest" part of the log in. I restarted my machine after the first time this happened, but it didn't change anything that I could tell.

What should I do?

Default Re: Transport Error anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Valea
    What should I do?
    Wait 5 minutes then try again.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Been there, done that, seen the movie ;)

Oh, wait, no, didn't see the movie. But I've tried a few times now.

At least the error message is changing now. I did a full scan and am now getting:
    "Error ID 93: The player server has disconnected the client. The most likely reason is a communications failure."

So what we have here is a failure to communicate. I saw something about that on the Today Show this morning, but I wasn't really listening. ;)

Oh, PS: I can't open a support case as instructed to do so due to an totally different problem. That's why I'm posting here. It isn't to be a nudge, I promise. :)

Ophelea

Transport errors are traffic problems on the internet.

The best thing to do is wait a while and try again. We've had wind and fire here in Calif so logging in has been a near impossibility for me for two days.

Default Transport Error

ID 108 Log in fine till I get to the first loading screen bam transport error tried several times with patcher and from Hz site. Did the boot of computer, power recycled modem and router no joy in Mudville

Suggestions?
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: Transport Error

We have a fix we just applied to blight and will send to live as soon as we can. Try using the old patcher on the website, it will work.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

No, transport errors are communications failures between the client and the server. They can arise from many causes, including:

1. Client bugs
    2. Client OS/network problems.
    3. Local hardware/cabling problems.
    4. Local ISP issues.
    5. Router/communication failures between the ISP and the backbone, or the backbone and the Tulga ISP.
    6. Remote ISP issues.
    7. Remote hardware/power/cabling problems.
    8. Server OS/network problems.
    9. Server bugs.
    10. Bad mojo.

According to the other thread on this, it appears #1 or #9 is the actual culprit here, so please don't assume that it is always "somewhere between the client and the server". Sometimes it IS the Client, the Server, or both.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

So I finnally get logged per Amon's tip and boy is it a mess mobs dont move but hit from 150 meters out. Adjacent mobs are out of range, trainers seem to be MIA, corpses disappear when ya try to loot em.

Oh yeah, then I get disconnected my Transport Error ID 93

WARNING!, WARNING! Danger Will Robinson
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Yeah, I suspect someone at Tulga is saying "oops"... well, probably a bit more than "oops", but that's the clean version. ;)

Is this fixed? I was never able to login today before leaving for work (4 p.m. Eastern) and was getting the "simulation" error.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

I've been having different problems game starts up and "Loading Character Animator"... and my Event pic is all discolored... everything freezess, and its hard reboot for the Tribunal.

Thread Information