Thread: Change in policy regarding multiple CD keys on a single account and connecting?

Default Change in policy regarding multiple CD keys on a single account and connecting?

For those of us that chose to add additional CD keys to a singel account rather than making bogus hotmail accounts and then creating a new account for each cd-key, I'm wondering why we are now being limited to 1 connection per account rather than one connection per CD key. If this is going to be the policy going forward will there be a way that we can split off our various CD keys to different accounts and some of the characters with them?

Default Re: Change in policy regarding multiple CD keys on a single account and connecting?

There has been no change in our policy; this is a bug. We are working on a fix at this moment.

Sincere apologies,

David Bowman
    CEO
    Tulga Games, LLC
    David Bowman

Default Re: Change in policy regarding multiple CD keys on a single account and connecting?

Thanks for the quick reply Mr. Bowman, it is appriciated.

Jalwyn

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    There has been no change in our policy; this is a bug. We are working on a fix at this moment.

Sincere apologies,

David Bowman
    CEO
    Tulga Games, LLC
    Wow, you got a reply for Mr. Bowman! I'm glad to see he's still around and that they are taking care of this problem. Paying for multiple accounts and only having the ability to log in one is a big bummer. At least it's only been a few days now.

Looking forward to a fix.[;)]

It does seem to be working now --knock on wood--, thanks for the response/fix!!

When I got my 2nd CD , I didn't know we can add to the first one (or wasn't an option yet). I whish they be a way to get my second key in istead of me to keep that bogus hotmail account. That I have to log to it ounce a month so they don't cancell it and to delete the dum spam mail filling it.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Can we get CD keys combined into a single account?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Can we get CD keys combined into a single account?

Thanks!
    I second that! I want a second key to my existing account! (On Unity)

I am wondering what this post is talking about. I downloaded the game with the 14 day trial and decided that I liked it so am now paying the monthly fee. Was I supposed to buy a CD of the game? Was I charged for downloading the game? Can I have the game loaded on different computers that I own? Can I play more than one character at a time on different computers? Could someone answer these questions? Thanks.

You aren't charged or don't have to buy a CD. You can have the game loaded on as many computers as you want. However you can not play multiple characters at the same time from one account if you only have one subscription. The post it talking about that feature which allows people to add additional subscriptions to their main account, giving them access to more players, plots, etc.

Thanks for the help. How does one get more subscriptions? I have one account and have built four characters but would like to play them at the same time. They are built for each member of my family. I think it would be fun to go questing together. I don't want to start a new account because I would not be able to use the characters that are already established. Any information on this would be appreciated so I don't lose the characters that I have already built upon. Thanks.

Log in on the website, select "Billing" on the left side of the page and then "add subscription" on the right side. You will be charged fore a second account and acquire all the rights and privledges of having multiple keys.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Thanks for the quick reply. If I add subscriptions can I still use the same characters that I have alredy created and built up or do I have to start fresh with new character creations? What I find interesting is that when I first downloaded the free trial, I did it on my laptop. Then I fell in love with the game, started an account and downloaded it to another PC. I was able to sign in at the same time on both computers and play with one of my family members. Then all of a sudden I couldn't do it anymore. Any ideas why I could do this and now I can't?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

That's correct. Adding subscriptions though does give you the additional 5characters each subscription carries. SO, if you have 4 subscriptions, you have 20 characters and 4 plots of land. To run multiple subscriptions at the same time, you need multiple computers hooked to the internet of course. And, I've found this out the hard way, don't try to log in all your subs at the exact same time off the same internet connection. My router stuck it's tongue out at me the one time and neither of them loaded up. If you cascade them (load one fully, then load the next), it works.

There was a bug that was giving problems recently on 2 account subs being logged in at the same time. I believe it's either been fixed or is in the process of being fixed.

C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

On a related note.

If your comp can handle it, is it possible to run two instances of HZ on the same comp? It sounds like they'd have to stagger their launches but assuming that's done.

I've got a very powerful comp which runs HZ fine (two CPU, typically>40 fps with view distance all the way out and most graphic options except shadows turned on, one CPU doesn't get used by HZ) and have been thinking of getting a second CD key so my dragon can help my hatchling alt with his RoP. Idon't have another comp capable of running HZ and after buying this monstrosity can't justify another purchase.

Presumably they'd have to run in windowed mode even if I got a second monitior (which I could do).

I think there is something weird about it which prevents it. I know many others have tried, but I have never heard a report of success.

Could be it uses the 3D hardware in an exclusive mode, but I do have a guildie who claims to be able to get EvE and Horizons running on the same system simultaneously, so maybe it isn't a system-level issue, but an application-level issue with the Horizons client itself.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Can't be using it in exclusive mode when running in windowed mode, but it would be easy to program it so two instancescouldn't run at the same time (if you're niice about it the second instance just gracefully exits when it detects the first). There could be some other resource it needs exclusive access to but offhand I can't think of any other then network assets (needs to act as a server for example) and if that were the case it wouldn't be possible to have two comps on the same subnet running HZ in typical home configurations and evidentally that is possible once patching is done.

I could see problems happening if the second tries to patch something while the first is running, but that shouldn't happen (the first would do all the patching necessary).

It might be possible to trick it into running two instances with the Citrix stuffand a piece of junk second comp which I do have (I think it's called terminal server nowadays) but that would require XP server which I'm not about to install. Even then the local network better have a VERY high bandwidth (gigabit probably not enough). Most likely it wouldn't work very well.

If nobody has ever gotten it to work I shouldn't expect to be the first. I'll just skip getting the second CD key then.

Thanks.

Thread Information