Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVS bring back the old ancient model!

Default Re: DEVS bring back the old ancient model!

WE WANT A PROPER MODEL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    WE WANT A PROPER MODEL!!!
    We all do.
    I reiterate my vote regarding putting the old model back.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

No official response has been made.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    I will be forces to bump all threads regarding the size issue until the old ancient model is restored.
    Ill back you up on that cobal! WE the players want are proper size back!

I used to believe that the reason for the size switch had something to do with selection radius issues, or some other thing. If I understood the technobabbly initial explanation, the Old Model was so big that a player had to be standing so closeto a tool or other character that their model would be clipping that object.

I believed that until last night, when I finally went ahead and installed the Old Model.

This is what I found :

1) The Old Model fixed the gaping slit on my character's neck.

2) The Old Model made differentiation between Adults and Ancients very easy.

3) There is no negative impact on theradius of interaction with NPCs using the Old Model. (this was tested on the Ambrosia vendor in Chiconis, and a biped Vaultkeeper.)

4) There is no negative impact on the radius of interaction with PCs using the Old Model. (this was tested by trading with a hatchling east of Chiconis.)

5) There is no negative impact on the radius of interaction with tools using the Old Model. (this was tested by making gems on Fire Island.)

6) While in 3rd person view, I had no problems selecting resource nodes, mobs, or other players when using the Old Model.

In short, unless I'm not understanding the issue behind the size reduction, I can no longer accept the original explanation offered by TG as being valid.

I'll be sticking with the old model from now on.

I doubt they're going to change it at this point.

Now that I've played with the new model for a couple weeks I'm happy with it. It IS noticably larger then an adult. Just not as large as we were expecting. I presume the initial confusion (when it looked the same size as adult) was because it was using an adult skeleton which somehow translated into more or less adult size. Boy was that ever an oops.

-----------------------------

If they'd never shown the much larger model or let people play with it on Blight for awhile this would have never come up. With 20/20 hindsight I'd say that was a mistake for them, but it's a bit late now to correct it. In any event, I REALLY doubt they'll change it no matter how much dragons scream.There's enough dragon hating bipeds out there who will scream even louder if they put in the old model (regardless of whether or not it actually is easier to group with) that they'll never do it.

Fact is, I've been wondering if all our screaming over the AROP and lairs and the dragon model andschools and/or their lack thereofaren't being counter productive. I'm hoping the devs aren't thinking along the lines of "we did all this for them and look at the thanks we got, why should we work any more for them when we could be doing something for bipeds?" Especially with bipeds screaming that dragons get all the love. I bet we all (dragons AND bipeds) looklike a couple whiny pre-school siblings complaining that the parents love the other one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    If they'd never shown the much larger model or let people play with it on Blight for awhile this would have never come up. With 20/20 hindsight I'd say that was a mistake for them, but it's a bit late now to correct it. In any event, I REALLY doubt they'll change it no matter how much dragons scream.There's enough dragon hating bipeds out there who will scream even louder if they put in the old model (regardless of whether or not it actually is easier to group with) that they'll never do it.

Fact is, I've been wondering if all our screaming over the AROP and lairs and the dragon model andschools and/or their lack thereofaren't being counter productive. I'm hoping the devs aren't thinking along the lines of "we did all this for them and look at the thanks we got, why should we work any more for them when we could be doing something for bipeds?" Especially with bipeds screaming that dragons get all the love. I bet we all (dragons AND bipeds) looklike a couple whiny pre-school siblings complaining that the parents love the other one more.
    What sicken me the most is that those same dragon hating bipeds who whinned about the size of the ancient model are those who are less likely to team up with ancient in the first place.

The only reason they did it was to create more feud and fight between both races. Period.

Khoal, I did all those tests and more the week the final part of the ARoP went to Blight, once I heard the rumour that they were going to nerf the size. My findings were identical to yours, and I add that it is actually EASIER for bipeds to see targets with the old, larger model. I posted the same results in support of the old model in several places, even relating them to Manga directly.

Obviously, if they CARED to actually ASK the players (contrary to the BS spin crap that DB spouted in the HoC chat), they would have known this.

It doesn't matter anymore. We've gotten our answer. Live with the new models, or load the old ones as overrides, convincing your friends to do the same.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Screw that, I think I'm going to keep bitching.

The thing I don't get is that we were suposedly too big to interact with for other players. Ok, that makes sense on the surface of it. EXCEPT that this is true of all dragons, from HATCHLING on up. Yes, I said hatchling. We are big and bulky our entire lives. If you are facing a normal, human sized enemy, even a hatchling can get in the way. Adults can obscure everything without much dificulty, save for the really big golems and things like Gigaroth. The old ancient model did the same thing, it really didnt change much of anything. And it isn't uncomon to have 2 dragons in the group, in which case the entire point is completly moot, the mob area will just be a tangle of wings and tails anyway, it doesnt matter if the dragons in question are as big as the old ancients or only the size of modern adults. So what did they acomplish by doing this? They made us slightly smaller, kept us just as "in the way" as we were before, and pissed off the majority of the dragon population. Was that really worth it?
    Lumineux Talar

again, i say:
    complacency is the death of choice.

bring back the old models.

/cheer dorin

at least say something to us about it [:(]
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

I prefer the original myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    at least say something to us about it [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    Hell, we can't even get them to say anything about the class preview they promised us a couple of weeks back, I certainly don't expect any replies about this.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Seems like nobody also noticed adults were shrunk too, lol
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Seems like nobody also noticed adults were shrunk too, lol
    When did that happen? And how do you know?
    Lumineux Talar

Not sure when, must have been shortly after the ancient size zap, I logged in my other computer which has not been in game for a while and skipped the patch process since I was just using it to transfer some items, noticed an adult player looked bigger on that one
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Not sure when, must have been shortly after the ancient size zap, I logged in my other computer which has not been in game for a while and skipped the patch process since I was just using it to transfer some items, noticed an adult player looked bigger on that one
    I thought the game wouldn't let you skip the patch process if there is a patch that you don't have. I thought the only way to bypass the patch process is if you are already up to date.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

sometimes it happens that i dont get a new patch via launcher and i play with the "older" hz version, can play but sometimes when i dont have the new objects in the game is "missing " something, was same with my ARoP, i could do last part but not see the sparkle effects or the rite effect on my pc because i didnt get the data somehow :/

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

there should be a relatively easy way to test this.. the original adult model should still be on the HZ ROMs. someone make an override for that like the one made for ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw

I thought the game wouldn't let you skip the patch process if there is a patch that you don't have. I thought the only way to bypass the patch process is if you are already up to date.
    That's easy. Simply use the .bat to run the game.
    That's what I do and haven't use the patcher in age.

Thread Information