Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: May I trouble everyone to read this please ? Its not very long, I promise.

Default Re: May I trouble everyone to read this please ? Its not very long, I promise.

hey, that's a ******** good idea :)
    spread the word!

Default Re: May I trouble everyone to read this please ? Its not very long, I promise.

really damm good idea dude :D

maybe post the idea in the gerneral forum [:)]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

It would be an even better idea of anyone was listening.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

I apologizefor being so...insistant about this but I really will not stop bumping these threads until the devs gave a satisfactory answer

(Hint: The satisfactory answer to give us is: "Ok, we will put the old ancient models back")
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

bump-like

The new camera angle really hacks me off too.

There was simply no reason to nerf the size.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

*cough* ...

i appreciate the work being done on lairs (now that i'm working on one on blight.. it really is great..) .. but i refuse to let this drop. we deserve a real answer on this.
    the fact that adult size was reduced to "fix" the complaint that you couldn't tell ancients and adults apart is just icing on the cake (and the fact that it was silently done... then again, silence on this whole issue seems to be company policy)

not going away.

Some people still believe that having a placebo (old model player patch and player made box) will cure the problem. It won't. TG need to fix the problem, not the players.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I was going through Bristugo the other day and there were a bunch of dragons sitting around. By looking a them I could not tell who was ancient and who was adult.There really needs to be a defined difference between adult and ancient. All these people who have been dragons from the start really really got the shaft by this new smaller ancient model.

Personally, I find it a huge pain that we are as large as we are already and am against being any larger, and I think my biped bretheren would agree. But i am sympathetic to your beliefs so I offer possibly a solution to pls all. I'm not certain but perhaps the set scale command will work with your toon so that you can make yourself appear larger. Currently many bipeds hate hunting with dragons because they have to mess with the set scale to make them seem smaller. Why not do it to yourself to make you look bigger in your eyes and yet let the bipeds not be plagued by it. Just a thought I don't mess with the set scale, and also out of courtesy to bipeds I INTENTIONALLY chose the smallest size possible for my dragon.

Silverest/Silvaneye
    Semper Fidelis GM

No, not all of your biped brethren agree, and have posted such in several of the threads on the subject.

Dragons are... big. Nature of the beast. No one forces you to group with Dragons; it is completely up to you. Forcing a size nerf onto them for something that is optional for you is no more fair than the converse. You're also just as capable of installing a "dragon miniaturization patch" which will make them all appear as hatchling-sized. Or even housecat-sized, if you so choose.

I know quite a few bipeds who regularly hunt with Ancient dragons WITH the "old model patch" in. I play my biped alt with that patch in. Dragons are huge as they are supposed to be, and I have no problems whatsoever that I cannot mitigate. I understand the issues playing both as a Dragon and a biped, and am quite willing to live with larger Dragons both ways.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Pharcellus,

You must be lunas.

Have a nice day :D

Silverest/Silvaneye

Quote Originally Posted by silverest
    Personally, I find it a huge pain that we are as large as we are already and am against being any larger, and I think my biped bretheren would agree. But i am sympathetic to your beliefs so I offer possibly a solution to pls all. I'm not certain but perhaps the set scale command will work with your toon so that you can make yourself appear larger. Currently many bipeds hate hunting with dragons because they have to mess with the set scale to make them seem smaller. Why not do it to yourself to make you look bigger in your eyes and yet let the bipeds not be plagued by it. Just a thought I don't mess with the set scale, and also out of courtesy to bipeds I INTENTIONALLY chose the smallest size possible for my dragon.
    The problem isn't really with the size of the model, but the size of the bounding box. Shrinking the bounding box while maintaining the old size would solve a lot of problem.

Do we really need to click on the wing instead of the body to select a dragon? I don't think so.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by silverest
    Pharcellus,

You must be lunas.

Have a nice day [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Silverest/Silvaneye
    Of course. [;)]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information