Thread: OMG - no one warned me about Alchemy

Default OMG - no one warned me about Alchemy

It all started with a simple desire to make dyes. I wanted to have a different look from the generic brown-colored armor. But once I achieved that I wanted to make Reaping potions....and then Bolster potions. Alchemical powders, tainted orbs, glass vials, and now purified orbs. It's too much...I'm drowning in a sea of formulas....someone pull me out before I go under. Alchemy is eating up all my time. Must....stop....now.[li]

Default Re: OMG - no one warned me about Alchemy

* Piles more and more forms on the biped * It's not over yet!

Count yourself lucky, we no longer need to separately scribe beginner, journeyman and expert forms to be able to craft all tiers. Until recently, forms did not contain lower-category craftables (so expert form gave you tier V item only).[:|]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Just be glad you're not an Armorer, Weaponsmith, Spellcrafter, or Confectioner (I'm only talking specialized schools here, not the base generalized). I believe those are the highest formulae count schools in the game. It'd definately be a toss up between Spellcrafter and Confectioner as to who has the most (but Conf would prolly lose by only a few because they don't have all of their forms lol).

16 potions, 2 powders, 3 suspensions, 2 dyes, vials, glass nodules, 7 or 8 transmutations, and 2 orb forms (that's without kits). Not too bad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Just be glad you're not an Armorer, Weaponsmith, Spellcrafter, or Confectioner.....
    My character also has Armorer and Weaponsmith, at lvl 20 and 10 respectively. I'm a really DIY type of person (in virtual life, not real life, lol) and at last count my character has 13 or 14 craft schools, Enchanter being the latest addition (for making Purified Dim Essence orbs).

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    * Piles more and more forms on the biped * It's not over yet!
    *as all the crafter bi-peds wait for this to happen*

and for the OP, LOL! Thats why some don't craft [H]

Quote Originally Posted by Lascivious Goat
    It all started with a simple desire to make dyes. <SNIP> Alchemy is eating up all my time. Must....stop....now.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]
    So, you have the fireworks forms yet? [H]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Lascivious Goat wrote:It all started with a simple desire to make dyes. <SNIP> Alchemy is eating up all my time. Must....stop....now.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]

So, you have the fireworks forms yet? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    No! I don't want to create fireworks. I don't.....don't.....won't make....fireworks....uhhhh, where can I pick up the fireworks form? Is it on the trainer or a quest item?[8o|]

Fireworks are sexy! make em use em show em off!

Quote Originally Posted by Lascivious Goat

No! I don't want to create fireworks. I don't.....don't.....won't make....fireworks....uhhhh, where can I pick up the fireworks form? Is it on the trainer or a quest item?[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]
    None of the above... [;)]

They're event forms. You need to find someone that has extra copies and who is willing to share... [H]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Just be glad you're not an Armorer, Weaponsmith, Spellcrafter, or Confectioner (I'm only talking specialized schools here, not the base generalized). I believe those are the highest formulae count schools in the game. It'd definately be a toss up between Spellcrafter and Confectioner as to who has the most (but Conf would prolly lose by only a few because they don't have all of their forms lol).

16 potions, 2 powders, 3 suspensions, 2 dyes, vials, glass nodules, 7 or 8 transmutations, and 2 orb forms (that's without kits). Not too bad IMO.
    what makes alchemist that heavy is not only the amount of forms. it is the amount of sub components you need to make something finsihed.

And to fireworks form. They are event forms and used to be sold by festival lore keepers. Are they removed on NA shards? Unity still has them. Dalimond, Kion, Aughundel, Mahgra. Still all out there
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

I know I was a Berserker, and an Armorer.

We could all probably see why that didn't work out.

alastar devil_chaos

hehe, cracked me up there lascivious! alchemy looks tough too me, much respect for those who make potions

Well, I've taken my obsession with Alchemy to a new level. I've started construction of a Beginner Alchemy workshop on my land. Also have just finished building a Pottery workshop since Earthencraft skill belongs to Alchemy school.

Quote Originally Posted by alastar devil_chaos
    hehe, cracked me up there lascivious! alchemy looks tough too me, much respect for those who make potions
    Yah, there's much running from town to town, gathering resources. Worst bit is gathering glass nodules from The Great Battle crater to make vials. Hence, I've started building an Alchemy workshop on my land since I'm next to the community's sandpit and well. But there is profit to be gained from making and selling potions; newly gifted players have been snapping up all the potions I sell at the New Trismus consignor's and I myself use potions when hunting or mining.

Thread Information