Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Event Techs? What resources?

Default Dragon Event Techs? What resources?

What Dragon event Techs use Ice and Flame and I assume Energy bone splinters besides the Primal Flash? Or is that the only one? If so looks like the one spell tech is getting screwed, if not looks like all of us are getting screwed.

Default Re: Dragon Event Techs? What resources?

I have missed something - how is it that we are getting "screwed"?

Nobody is getting screwed. I am simply trying to phase these event components out and replace them with actual tech components. Previously T3 skeletons dropped FAR too many components.

So, if you come across a technique I have missed (I got primal flash, thanks!) I will happily update it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Sorry should have stated Flame and Ice Bone splinters are being removed from the Loot tables as they were "event only" drops. Primal Flash a spell tech I like and use on a couple spells needs Flame Bone splinters. Primal Flash and none of the other Dragon only tech are not on the list of replacement tech needs. I know Primal flash uses Flame Bone splinters but not sure what the other techs need. As they are Event Techs I assume they may go bye-bye soon. Unless you already or get items with them on soon.

They are looking at the banners and the Dragon breath quest. So maybe they just over looked the Primal Flash for the converstion over but will have to see.

Ok Thank you Amon sorry for jumping the gun there. Just hate to see a tech I like to go away.

It isn't going away, no worries there! I won't remove things from people, because they worked hard to get those things. My primary goal was the fact that skeletons dropped so many tech components so I'm trying to reduce that number. I had overlooked Primal Flash, but I've corrected that internally.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ah ok Thank you and sorry you know us dragons we are some greedy SOBs and the thought of losing something. [:S]

If you happen back might you answer one question on Primal Flash. I know it works as I have seen it stop Golems when it hits and they try to avalanche me from a distance. But it says melee range also. Does this mean it will reduce the Melee range to 0 and it will not be able to attack at all for the 10 sec I think it is?

Reducing melee range is a bit odd. You cannot reduce melee range below 0 and so a monster could always attack you at a distance of 0. In this case, it was likely referring to ranged attacks like bows.

Ok Thanks for the Answer I assumed Melee meant bow range, but was not sure if a 0 melee range would prevent a mob for attack or what not. Kind of like a stun but the mob could still move.

My reasoning is with it on the PBOE's it would be a great damage midigation tech. Hit Barrage and/or Gust and hope it goes off for the 10 sec of no damage from all the mobs meleeing me.

I've seen it *seem* to work both ways. I teched a couple of de-buffs with Primal Flash and I've been swatted within the 10 second period, but I've also seen the mob just sit there. Not sure if that is concidental lag or what.

There are 4 "Dragon Event" techs I know of: Primal Flash, Primal Vengenace, Eminence(sp?), and Vital Defiance. I'm not sure of the comps for them.

Edit: Three of the above techs use bone splinters:

Flash uses flame, Vengenance uses energy, and Eminence uses ice. Defiance needs no bone splinters.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

I've got Primal Vengenace [:)]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast
    I've seen it *seem* to work both ways. I teched a couple of de-buffs with Primal Flash and I've been swatted within the 10 second period, but I've also seen the mob just sit there. Not sure if that is concidental lag or what.
    Mobs at range I know when it goes off. I switched over to the simple Combat reporting and watched and every time I have see the primal flash message I could watch the golem stop and stand there for a few sec. Now if it does not use a ranged attack during that time he does not stop charging me but if he tries to use his avalanche he stops. I have not thought to watch to see if they will throw the avalanche after the Primal flash wares off or not. I will have to test that out and see if it completely cancels out the attack or if it just delays it.

um.. ok. so.. what's changing with the breath quests? having to get an ice bone splinter for ice breath, a flame bone splinter for flame breath III and an energy bone splinter for lightning breath made sense...
    why not put back the old elemental skeletons?

As stated above the skeletons had to many tech componets to drop so they are reducing the number. This should hopefuly mean more drops of the type we need. Energy splinters are not being removed.

No if they added skeletons that droped just those types of splinters that would be nice. Basic skeletons drop armour splinters, then Flaming ,Freezing and Lightning Skeletons for the others would be good.

So presumably instead of having to loot an ice or flame bone splinter, you'll have to loot something else off a comparable mob. Once people know what mob it is it'll probably work about like now so probably no big deal.

Luckily primal vengeance isn't changed. Hint to devs (slightly off topic butI'm hoping they're reading it ). These dragon event techs (especialy primal vengeance)add significantly to dragon power yet they no longer drop. This means new dragons can never get these critical techs and as old dragons stop playing there will eventually come a day when it is not possible for any dragon to get a scale with these techs. Even now dragons with these techs scribed are getting pretty rare. I really hope you guys make these techs or something comparable available again.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Reintroducing things such as these techs devalues what players have already earned. So I don't believe we are planning on bringing them back anytime soon.

The Breath quests are being adjusted so that the splinters will drop from the mobs the quest talks about (Western Deadlands skeletons) when you have the quest(s).

- Amon

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Reintroducing things such as these techs devalues what players have already earned. So I don't believe we are planning on bringing them back anytime soon.

The Breath quests are being adjusted so that the splinters will drop from the mobs the quest talks about (Western Deadlands skeletons) when you have the quest(s).

- Amon
    One problem with that statement. A lot of the people who "earned" the techs have been chased away by tulga. There aren't even a handful left who have these techs.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    One problem with that statement. A lot of the people who "earned" the techs have been chased away by tulga. There aren't even a handful left who have these techs.
    There are three dragons left on Order with primal vengeance. Three. That's all. What happens if those three stop playing? Those techs are lost forever? :(
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell

Yes. there isn't many left who still can make those. I only knows 3 in Chaos, and I'm one of them who got the 4 techs.

I just wish they would 'fix' those tech once and for all.
    Primal vengeance is still broken on repeatable spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Reducing melee range is a bit odd. You cannot reduce melee range below 0 and so a monster could always attack you at a distance of 0. In this case, it was likely referring to ranged attacks like bows.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be agains't the idea of turning Primal Flash into ainto a Stun? Dragon are sure missing a stun in their spells (actually, dragons are missing a LOT in the spell department).

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Yes. there isn't many left who still can make those. I only knows 3 in Chaos, and I'm one of them who got the 4 techs.
    That is one thing that has always had me a bit miffed. I don't remember what it was, but that event was cut short after only 2 or 3 days because of an exploit if I recall correctly, and I was unable to be on during most of that time. The only one I have, eminance, I got because a friend had an extra. I don't mind at all when you have one time only items, but many missed out because the event did not run it's full course. I was not concerned that I could not be there that weekend because I was expecting to have the remainder of the week to work on obtaining them and it came as a shock to find out that I could not. It was the only event that I'm aware of that was not allowed to run a full week. BTW, I believe that patch days were Thursday or Friday back then. The NPC is still in the game, standing outside of Dralk giving an "I told you so" speech a year and a half later and talking about the undead dragons now serving the WA.

I would ask that somehow, a way be found to allow them to be obtained again for a short time. Make it dang hard and expensive both in money and/or hoard if you have to. The techs are so rare now that most younger players don't even know about them, it seems. Keeping rare stuff rare is good, but refreshing it from time to time is also healthful for the players.

Ending my complaint/whine/cry now and going to bed. [;)]

primal vengance and i forget the other one besides primal flash
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Thread Information