Thread: live patch 10/17

Default live patch 10/17

The following changes have been made to Live Shards on October 17th, 2005:

General: Horizons will use minimal CPU and memory resources when minimized.

General: Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance. Sooo what exactly does this mean? has anyone noticed any difference in lag?

Default Re: live patch 10/17

Well, I had two transport error crashes in relatively quick succession, but since the second one was my Comcast internet having a local outage for over an hour (between 2 and 3 eastern), I won't blame HZ [:D]

Right around the first transport error, I was having serious lag issues with the sandstone golems. But once I got service back, everything seemed fine.

-Levity

I don't know what they did, but I was porting pretty fast and recovering memory and FPS quickly after this patch.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

hmnn...I notice no improvements. Just recalled into Bristugo and I'm at 0.7 fps. Now after 45 seconds I'm at 0.3 fps....Took about 1 min and still frozen but at 12.2 fps. Moving around the landing area I am fluctuating madly between 12 and 22 fps.

Seems no different.

The only time I get a really big hit these days in in Aughundell .... do get some stuttering in Bristugo because of all the porting, but not often. But never anything as bad a 0.7 fps or 0.3 fps on *any* of my machines.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Well, I had two transport error crashes in relatively quick succession, but since the second one was my Comcast internet having a local outage for over an hour (between 2 and 3 eastern), I won't blame HZ [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Right around the first transport error, I was having serious lag issues with the sandstone golems. But once I got service back, everything seemed fine.

-Levity

My cable was out at that time too! You have comcast in Macomb Township? lol
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    My cable was out at that time too! You have comcast in Macomb Township? lol
    Heh, no, DC area, and Comcast told me it was just a few streets in my neighborhood. Of course, that was after they had me go through the whole "unplug the modem for 60 seconds" thing. Which I had done /before/ calling them. So who knows?

Anyway, I just spent the evening quarrying sandstone and porting from Parsinia to Aiya with blocks on a disk, and had zero problems. Didn't take time to note my fps much, but it seemed to be mid-teens like always.

-Levity

ive noticed some improvement in overall fps stability..particularly in combat with a few group members. puter doesnt seem to be workin quite as hard to get things on the screen comin out of a port...even after several ports. runnin up to 55-60fps in places flyin the dragon, brist was around the 30 mark pendin which way i faced, and even dali was towards the mid 20's after 8-10 ports today. all that after a hunting session in WD for an hr or so too.

looked good to me.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

I just downloaded the patch and am now unable to connect to the game at all. After login, the game starts to load then crashes to desktop with a message saying the connection has changed. This happened 3 times in a row.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

=( yuk Fireclaw...usin both site and standalone?
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Yeah I tried both the standalone patcher and the website login. Got the same result both times.

Has this patch made it to unity yet or are we behind like normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    I just downloaded the patch and am now unable to connect to the game at all. After login, the game starts to load then crashes to desktop with a message saying the connection has changed. This happened 3 times in a row.

Ok after a bit of testing I discovered that the problem only seemed to occur with my main character. I was able to get in on an alt on Order shard. After deleting my clientprefs main file I was able to login with my main so my problem with logging in appears to be solved. Probably some tweak I made in that file at some time to try to get better performance caused a problem with the patch.

Regarding the new patch, I saw no noticeable change in performance other than porting from Dralk to Chiconis seemed to occur quicker. General framerate is still lousy.

Thread Information