Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice work, Devs

Default Re: Nice work, Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Tulga's working really hard on that "We just spent the last 6 months doing major content updates for only dragons that still aren't done yet" project. I'm sure their objective here is to upset the players.
    Doesn't matter if their objective is to upset the players or not. They have upset them. Further, I don't think they know or even understand why. If they did, it seems logical to me that they would attempt to correct the issue, or at least talk with the players about it. Most great games / development companies do (no, I don't consider SOE or Blizzard in that category in general). Quantity != Quality.

Think maybe the whole dragon school thing isn't finalized enough to give out information yet?
    We'd be lucky if it is even started yet.

Where is it written that teasers must be fully explained shortly after being announced?
    It is written in the annals of Sound Business Practices that if you tell your customers that you are going to do something by a certain time, you DO IT. Or, at the very least, you let people know WHY YOU DIDN'T DO IT, and when it might be expected.

Do you think SoE or Blizzard would respond to a request like this?
    Who cares? I'm not paying SOE or Blizzard $12.95 a month to play Horizons. If I were, I would be demanding the exact same thing of them.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

bump-ness

Nothing but the best from AE, is it a wonder they filed bankruptcy?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Ahhh, well. At least AE is consistent, they can drive off all but the most dedicated players.

I am just holding on for Lairs at this point, and losing interest fast even so. Two years is a very long time to keep repeating the mantra: 'But Horizons has the potential to be a great game!?

AE seem to be good folks, but they just don't seem to have a clue about how to build a game or how to interact with their customer base. It is better to say 'we have not been able get to <whatever> yet, but it is <number> on the list' or 'We just don't like the old model', than to just ignore the topic.

But if they haven't learned that in the past few years they sure as hell wont get it from a note written in a thread that they avoid like Developer Kryptonite.

Best of luck to all of you who are sticking it out and trying to get things changed, think I am going to take a break from the boards while I figure out if my wife and I will be canceling our accounts. I have been riding the Hope and Disappointment rollercoaster since mid-beta, and I am tired.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Scar

I can agree that there is a need for a little input on whats being done with things and all that. Though im also on the thinking that these people (TG/AE/Whatever u want to call them) have been LIVING in the office to get things done so you all dont cry too hard. I say they do a skeleton crew for a month and let the game ride after lairs are done and take a vacation. Let them get their bearings and find out whats going on in the real world. People probably disgaree with me 'What about confectioner??!?!?!?!?!! What about this?!?!?!?! Or that ?!?!?!' If you give them a break once in awhile and take off that ball and chain from their office desks....they may work a little faster and better and hopefully have some new and good ideas when they get back [:)].

Now...with that said. I am prepared for insults and people crying at me. Just remember this. Im another player, not a dev. And though i have not played as long as the vast majority of posters, im already getting bored with the game :/ waiting on the 100 creation days for ARoP sucks.

Numbers below are wrong, need to edit them to 100/100

Well aware of the hard work the devs put in.
    Explaining WHY the models where changed (without a spin in it) is just a few minutes typing.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Thread Information