Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lair Sizes w/Locations

Vignar

Default Lair Sizes w/Locations

Lairs Ihave seen sizes (most m3 to least):

120x120x240 (Last Stand, Mithril Anvil, Chiconis, Granite Hills, Drakul, Selen, Adan[Used to be Lost Machines, only one lair], Harton Valley, Aiya, Felathian Tunnel)
    144x96x240 (Mia's Edge)
    120x96x240 (Harro, South of Chiconis, Dikaina, Drakul, North of Selen, Summit, Drift Point)
    145x72x240 (Snow Fall, Bristugo)
    96x96x240 (Lerena, Grayling, Mahagra)
    120x72x240 (Snow Fall)
    96x72x240 (Drakul), 120x72x192 (Parsinia)
    96x72x216 (between Kion and Parsinia)
    72x72x240 (Mahagra)

Anyone find the 'Ancient City' or whatever is supposed to be too high for anyone but Ancients?

Default Re: Lair Sizes w/Locations

um, so what do those dimensions mean I can't tell which is bigger.

Is a 120x120x240 bigger or abou tthe same as a 144x96x240

And how does that work with a 145x72x240?

Or a 96x72x216...

I can't figure out the system here :).

At fist it would seem like 240 would be like two levels? Each 120? But that doesn't work when one is 216..so perhaps that's not what the 240 means. Maybe that's what the 120/96/72 numbers mean - if so - how many levels is that?? is 72 capable of two levels? three? One?

AHH I"M SO CONFUSED!!!

*meeps*

I think I found the ancient lairs. I had to "fly" up a ridge to get to it as an adult so not completely sure if that is it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae

At fist it would seem like 240 would be like two levels? Each 120? But that doesn't work when one is 216..so perhaps that's not what the 240 means. Maybe that's what the 120/96/72 numbers mean - if so - how many levels is that?? is 72 capable of two levels? three? One?

AHH I"M SO CONFUSED!!!

*meeps*
    I think they said somewhere on the boards before that each level was 24, so a 240 would be 10 levels, 216 would be 9 levels, 72 would be 3 levels. I think I also remember reading that there would be at most 10 levels for lairs.

i dont understand why lairs have different sizes, they all cost the same? or is the 999s only a placeholder?

all lairs will go live with auction so a lot off more money will be destroyed [6]

where have you seen the sizes? i saw only Size L but no XXxYY

Not sure if this was understood, but the dimensions are in XYZ order. In other words, the last number is depth (where 24m = 1 floor) and the first two are just like Bi-Ped plots. A number of combinations may provide the same volume but represent very different arrangement possibilities.

And yes, the 999s is a place holder. Prices have not yet been given, and I am not entirely sure if the Devs have settled on a final calculation.

As for plot size, I would imagine this comes from the Plot Survey tool.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    i dont understand why lairs have different sizes, they all cost the same? or is the 999s only a placeholder?

all lairs will go live with auction so a lot off more money will be destroyed [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]

where have you seen the sizes? i saw only Size L but no XXxYY
    Those are just place holder values.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    um, so what do those dimensions mean I can't tell which is bigger.

Is a 120x120x240 bigger or abou tthe same as a 144x96x240

And how does that work with a 145x72x240?

Or a 96x72x216...
    Dimensions are calculated as length*width*height, or x*y*z. So, basically, the larger the numbers, the larger the lair.

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Vignar
    Anyone find the 'Ancient City' or whatever is supposed to be too high for anyone but Ancients?
    I have, on Drakul. *g* It's not so much a city as a penthouse - there are only four lairs.

Are the actual sizes patched in to Order/Chaos now, or did you see this on Blight? o,o

~Mirsathia

oneirosuchus

They're live, but you have to look at each plot to see its size, as it's on the plot information screen rather than on the community survey. Right below the pricing and stuff in that top left box.

There are a few lairs 120x96x120 (and variations thereof) on the south side of Scorpion Island as well, so I'm going to guess that that's a fairly standard size for that island.

All structures built in lairs are comprised of 24m cube units; some are 24x24x24, some are 72x72x72, soime are rectangular, like 24x72x48. "Tiers" in the lair are considered 1 structure unit deep. Thus a 10-tier lair is 240m deep.

If you want to find out which lairs are bigger, do the math and compute the volume. You can do this one of two ways:

1) Getting the volume in cubed meters: 120x120x240 = 3,456,000m^3
    2) Getting the volume in structure units: first, divide each number by 24: 5x5x10 = 250su

I prefer the latter approach, as it makes the multiplication simpler, and yields a more useful number, which is the number of single-structure-unit-sized structures that can be placed in the lair.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by oneirosuchus
    They're live, but you have to look at each plot to see its size, as it's on the plot information screen rather than on the community survey. Right below the pricing and stuff in that top left box.

There are a few lairs 120x96x120 (and variations thereof) on the south side of Scorpion Island as well, so I'm going to guess that that's a fairly standard size for that island.
    Thankee! :D I'm not all that familiar with plots, so all I registered was 'large' etc.

Time to flap back to Drakul and double-check those ones I had an eye on, then!

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    All structures built in lairs are comprised of 24m cube units; some are 24x24x24, some are 72x72x72, soime are rectangular, like 24x72x48. "Tiers" in the lair are considered 1 structure unit deep. Thus a 10-tier lair is 240m deep.

If you want to find out which lairs are bigger, do the math and compute the volume. You can do this one of two ways:

1) Getting the volume in cubed meters: 120x120x240 = 3,456,000m^3
    2) Getting the volume in structure units: first, divide each number by 24: 5x5x10 = 250su

I prefer the latter approach, as it makes the multiplication simpler, and yields a more useful number, which is the number of single-structure-unit-sized structures that can be placed in the lair.
    ahh I like dividing that by 24 thing, lets me play with numbers that can mean something in my head...5x5x10 makes more sense to me :) (five teirs across, five wide, 10 deep)

So while its a 10 tier lair at 240 (looks like that's the 'deepest' we can go..) the number of "floors" you may have woudl depend on how tall your structres were you placed in there. If all your stuff was two teirs tall (or is that all Teir II??), you could fit five levels?

Or am I making this way too complicated before we really know how it works...lol,.

And just because its five teirs across, that doesnt' mean you can place five THINGS right? Unless each of those pieces was 24x24...

*oy...Calculus II and yet I hate this...*

*Bursts out of the entry to his lair blasting through the water* This one seems cozy. 120 x 192 x 240. (When I first looked at it, the last value was actually 998, but it clearly was a bug. Seems fine now). How's it look? The Ideal retirement community, poolside assisted living (stocked with fish). Birds chiping... What could a dragon want more.

AKA Malloc of Dawn, ancient
    Here's to the Overlord, rest in peace.
    Keith Arlin Parkinson October 22, 1958 - October 26, 2005

wow, frost.. that's a nice one. almost enough to make me not want a snowy lair.. a waterfall lair would be really cool too... :/ decisions, decisions...

Yeah, I had scoped out two on the ancient Drakul B frosty area since it was on Blight. But the words out and everyone seems to want one, and this is pretty much the only other place I'd go outside of a frost zone on a cliff.

AKA Malloc of Dawn, ancient
    Here's to the Overlord, rest in peace.
    Keith Arlin Parkinson October 22, 1958 - October 26, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Yeah, I had scoped out two on the ancient Drakul B frosty area since it was on Blight. But the words out and everyone seems to want one, and this is pretty much the only other place I'd go outside of a frost zone on a cliff.
    I rescoped the Ancient lairs on Drakul, and they're teeenytiny. *G* Something like 72x96x240 - I can't recall offhand, and I'm not on to check my map markers.

One would get them for the status more than anything, I guess. I'm certainly laughing, though. ;)

~Mirsathia

The two waterfall lairs are nice. im gonna bid on em myself. the Drakul one is 120x120x240. the Serenity one is 120x192x240

not seen a bigger one thanthat Serenity one so far!

Don't base any of your Lair comparisons on size atm. Pretty sure they're all set to 240 depth

From Stratics HoC chat:

DavidBowman - We have not finalized the depths of the lairs, that will be done as the last step of public testing.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Just a heads up. There seems to be an intermittent bug with the dimensions. I click on a lair and only see the word Large and never see any numbers. Yes, I am in the lair/plot window and not the community window.

Devast

Thread Information