Thread: *scratches head*

Default *scratches head*

Did they ever announce the winners of the mask/story contest? Or did the winners just get an email or something? I was just curious considering the fall festival is *supposedly* in this patch...was just curious as to who won....and what they won with...!?
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Default Re: *scratches head*

They will announce the winner.

but I think like the spirit of istaria contest it will take awhile for them to get the information out.

Well i guess I Just assumed they would have announced SOMETHING before the damned event was released though...*shrugs*
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Telpeloci

Maybe the winners will be announced in game somehow?

The winners of the story writing have been announced on the community site, I believe Baela is preparing theannouncement with the mask winners today [:)]

Congrats to the 3 winners, I'm looking forward to reading the stories when Unity is back up from maintenance [:D]

http://community.istaria.com/Default.aspx?pg=default&nid=380 Has the list of winners now. Also I think in game thedesigners name is right in the details window.
    ~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Baela has posted the winners of the mask design competition to the community site, congrats to Varangaard and Solitaire for their winning entries [:)]

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal

but I think like the spirit of istaria contest it will take awhile for them to get the information out.
    they been giving me the run around on this i talk to one TG staff they say talk to this member i talk to that member they say its another department i talk to the department were i was told to go and they say theyll look into it..

what great motivation I had for the mask contest when it came out as you noticed i did not submitt anything in
    still waits for his prize in the spirit of istaria contest

I didn't see anything on the stories that related them back to who wrote them..

However in game if you look at the details window for the player created masks, they do state who is responsible for the design (says something like 'winner runner up: playername")

And I want all 11!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    I didn't see anything on the stories that related them back to who wrote them..
    Yeah, the orator's dialogue should be amented to somthing like "I heard this many years ago from <winner>..." Since maskmakers got their names up ingame, the storytellers should as well, fair's fair.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

oneirosuchus

Aye, but some of those masks are player-created and have no player name associated with them. I had four entries, all of which I posted screenies of in http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=101702(the "post screenies here" thread) ...

The troll one is a runner-up, and my name's on it. That's good, I'mhappy! But I have also seen the biped scarecrow and the dragon jaguar headscale ingame, and there's nothing in the description on those. The jaguar headscale isn't called jaguar -- I don't even know which one it is. The dragon I saw wearing it was too busy wasting zombies to answer me when I asked. I don't know if the other one is ingame or not -- I haven't seen anyone wearing it, and I haven't spent much time at the festival grounds. If it is, it's not under the name I gave it.

Fridlekh

Some masks didn't get picked as winners or runners up, but Baela insisted that I make the defs and simdoc entries anyway so she could give them out as prizes to people. kinda like the pants...

Just trade with Jacques Allantyrn and use grid mode. You'll get to see something of how the masks look that way.

oneirosuchus

Ahem. Okay I feel dumb, I figured it out. [:$]

I was still seeing my test texture files; I hadn't deleted them because I figured they'd be patched over ... and they weren't. Ah well. It was interesting to see them on a couple of different headshapes anyway!

Thread Information