Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October Patch Notes!

Manga

Default October Patch Notes!

The following changes have been made to Live Shards on October 25th, 2005:

FALL FESTIVAL!

The Fall Harvest is once again upon us! The people of Istaria gather at the newly built Festival-grounds outside of Dalimond to celebrate a year of relative peace and prosperity. Enjoy the food, masks, candy, costumes and even a few new items to build on your plot of land. Do some trick-or-treating and maybe even take in a ghost story or two ...but beware of spooky monsters that may be out to get you!

Festival Additions:[*]The following Formulas are now available:[*]Beginner Fall Harvest Treats[*]Journeyman Fall Harvest Treats[*] Expert Fall Harvest Treats[*] Beginner Festival Candies[*] Beginner Festival Fireworks[*] Beginner Festival Meats[*] Journeyman Festival Fireworks.[/list][*]Now available for purchase: Biped and Dragon Festival Masks![/list]

Event: Recovery

The new Outpost has been completed on the fringes of the Eastern Deadlands, and wave after wave of Withered Aegis assaults have been turned back. Members of the Living Races are gathering at the Outpost now, both to secure its defense, and also to begin their expeditions into the Blighted wasteland. No one knows for sure what the Expeditions will encounter, but tension and expectations run thick as the Living Races set out to reclaim more of what is rightfully theirs.

Additions:[*]Alchemist Trainers have acquired a stock of Beginner Tainted Essence Orb formula.[*]Armor, Jewelry, Tool and Weapon Resistance and Stat Crystals have received a boost to their resistances and stats as the first phase of the reintroduction of Crystals begins. Brand new Crystals (over 700 new crystals have been made internally) and a complete re-do of monster loot tables will follow next.[*]Tiers 1 through 3 Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques added to Grendan the Quartermaster.[*]Kreezost the Bloodmage in Sslanis has acquired a sign in front of his building.[*]The following new formulas are available for Confectioners from any Confectioner Trainer:[*]Beginner Dried Fruits[*]Beginner Dairy Products[/list][*]The Imperial Herald in New Trismus will now give out an Emblem of the Gifted to anyone who has previously completed the Trials of the Gifted.[*]Pumpkin Seeds are now obtained by processing Pumpkins using a Millstone and the Beginner Milled Ingredients formula. They are also obtained as a bonus resource from pumpkin patches.[*]Genuata the Vielo now carries rare ingredients that are used in Fall Harvest foods as well as in the upcoming revamp of the Confectioner school. These ingredients include Caramel, Chocolate, Vanilla, Ginger, Licorice, and others.[*]Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques are now available as loot drops.[/list]

Simulation Updates:[*]Applying Novian resources to a structure will give any assigned payout as normal. This prevents reserved coin from becoming "trapped" in a completed structure.[*]When using a spell or ability to give yourself an effect which does not then work because you already have a conflicting effect, the spell or ability will properly have its refresh timer reset.[*]Players will no longer be able to loot if their inventory is full due to the item limit restriction. There is now a check for item cap as well as bulk.[/list]

Crafting Changes/Fixes:[*]Mithril Salvage Awl will now properly give a bonus to salvaging.[*]The Master Brick formula will now properly require Travertine Slabs to make Bricks instead of Bricks.[*]Master Essence Orb formula will now properly require Radiant Essence to make Orbs instead of Orbs.[*]Master Wood Board formula will now properly require Thornwood Logs to make Boards instead of Boards.[*]Corrected the skill requirements to scribe the Expert Fine Small Shield formula and also to make a Fine Mithril Small Shield.[*]Snowball Formula is now stackable.[*]Fine Elm Round Cross Shield now accepts Tier 2 techniques.[/list]

Item Changes/Fixes:[*]Set Bonus Augmentations Magick's Touch and Warrior's Resolve have had their resistances/ward bonus increased to 50 from 20.[*]Technique Freeze I will now proc Glaze rather than Ice Snare.[*]Adventure: Tooth and Claw I description properly lists Forest Crawler Leg Hairs as an ingredient.[*]All T6 trophies now have a coin and hoard value.[*]Corrected the spelling of ?piece? on Tareviel's Jewelry set.[*]Sunbeam will no longer be dispellable.[*]Craft: Lumbering IV added to description of Flame Beetle Carapace.[*]The ARoP crystals should now stack with the WD crystals.[*]The Primal Rage crystal's effect now procs off the outgoing player's spell attacks instead of the outgoing player's melee attacks.[*]Elm Bucket now limits Quarrying to 450 instead of 400.[*]Corvian Slate Rune now requires a ?Stone Chisel? or ?Spellcraft Ability? instead of ?Stoneworking Ability?.[*]Emblem of the Gifted will now equip properly into the emblem slot.[*]Hoard value of Mithril Golem Mettle and Mithril Boulder Golem Mettle corrected.[*]Hoard value of Mithril-Marble Tail Scale corrected.[*]Dragon Hoardables now have a bulk of 1.[*]The trinket augmentation, Holy Armament of Istara, will now properly reduce incoming non-spell damage instead of outgoing.[*]Defense: Ice Resistance III will require Winter Gruok Knuckles[*]Adventure: 1-H Crush III will require Redbacked Spider Eye[*]Adventure: Tooth & Claw III will require Imbued Armor Splinter

Tier 3 Technique Changes:

Flame, Energy and Ice Bone Splinters are being removed from the general loot tables of T3 skeletons as they were originally intended to be Event technique components only. This change will affect a number of techniques and invalidate players' stocks of these two components, so we wanted to give you a heads up in advance so that you could use that you have now and begin preparing for the change.

These three splinters are being replaced with four components (two of which did not drop previously, one which did but wasn't used, and one new one).[*]Greater Skeleton Skull[*]Craft: Quarrying III[*]Defense: Energy Resistance III[*]Spell: Flame Damage III[*]Spell: Stun III[/list][*]Wraith Master Ectoplasm[*]Adventure: 2-H Crush III[*]Craft: Clothworking III[*]Craft: Sculpting III[*]Defense: Flame Resistance III[*]Spell: Burning Damage III[*]Spell: Combust III[*]Spell: Derange III[*]Spell: Spirit Damage III[*]Statistic: Speed III[/list][*]Greater Ghost Vapor[*]Adventure: Dragon Breath III[*]Adventure: Ice III[*]Defense: Block III[*]Defense: Flame Ward III[*]Spell: Chill III[*]Spell: Flame Range III[*]Spell: Spirit Range III[/list][*]Redbacked Spider Breeder Eye[*]Adventure: Dragon Breath III[*]Ability: Power Strike III[*]Adventure: Crossbow III[*]Craft: Essence Shaping III[*]Craft: Mining III[*]Craft: Scalecraft III[*]Craft: Woodworking III[*]Defense: Energy Ward III[*]Spell: Cleanse III[*]Spell: Energy Damage III[*]Spell: Energy Range III[*]Spell: Taint III[*]Statistic: Focus III[/list][/list]

Note: The Dragon Breath quests are currently being reviewed for possible revision due to this change and the difficulty in getting resources from the Satyr Islands. [/list]

Quest Changes/Fixes:[*]Corrected the timers on the quest ?Assist Eilen the Mage with her Icy research?.[*]?Blacksmith: Replenish the village's stock of bars? will now give you a full set of training tools when you begin the quest.[*]Guran the Blacksmith on New Trismus Island will now skip the first three training quests if you are level 3 or higher.[*]?Test of Knowledge? quest streamlined and the Scholars will again speak with questers. Coin award for the quest improved.[*]?Blacksmith: Help the village rebuild? will now ask you to craft Cedar Boards instead of Cedar Logs.[*]Tirral the Scout will no longer offer Dragons the Lost Mushroom quest.[*]Updated ?Gregory Task: Darkstaff's Orb of FarSeeing? to refer properly to the new location of the Senetal the Flame Disciple.[*]Corrected ?Scalecraft Mastery IX: Craft 70 Mithril Bars? to refer to 70 mithril bars instead of 10.[*]Quest ?Feladan: Find a Green Maple Leaf? will now accept only Massive Maple Treants.[*]Skeletons in the Western Deadlands now will now drop Flame and Ice Bone Splinters when you are on the quests ?Gain Breath of Fire III?, ?Gain Breath of Ice?, and ?Gain Breath of Lightning?.[*]Corrected a bug in ?Tazoon Prospecting Service Reports? quest which caused step 3 to disappear.[*]Quest ?Dragon: Find the Lost Patrol? updated to properly be located on Lesser Aradoth.[*]Clarified the journal entries for Ishalin the Ranger?s quest, ?Take care of the Wild Gruok Matriarch?.[*]Fixed a dialogue problem with Kerian the Dragon Crafter on New Trismus which prevented new dragons from continuing their quests.[*]Imperial Assessor of Knowledge will now tell you that the Draconic fountain is in Tazoon.[*]Corrected the ?Test of Endurance? so that the text will not be duplicated.[*]Corrected the scribing requirements for Expert Sunscope formula.[*]Corrected the following Blacksmith quests so they don?t complete immediately:[*]Blacksmith: Smelting Tongs on the move![*]Blacksmith: Help put the Work back in Stoneworking[*]Blacksmith: Help the Gatherer gather wood[*]Blacksmith: Order 102, Harvest Knives[*]Blacksmith: Pawning the goods![*]Blacksmith: Picks for the Miner[*]Blacksmith: Putting the War back in Warhammer[*]Blacksmith: Resupply the Pawn Broker with Wood Saws[*]Blacksmith: Wanted: Cedar Cudgels.[/list][*]Phryx the Aquamarine Golem and Jalice the Jasper Golem will now both count towards the quest ?Drain Strike V: Kill 50 Jasper or Aquamarine Golems?.[*]The ?Gain Breath of Fire III? will now count the Elnathian Bars properly as you create them. Also, it will no longer refer to the Flame Bone Splinter as ?These splinters?.[*]Corrected the bulk of Light Red Deluxe Steelsilk Backpack Pouch.[*]Ishenar the Druid on New Trismus will no longer give out the level 10 druid quest ?Avenge the Slain Druid?.[*]Ishalin the Ranger will now delete the Matriarch?s Tusk in the quest, ?Take care of the Wild Gruok Matriarch?.[*]Ishalin the Ranger will now give out the Matriarch quest to Dragons instead of the Lost Mushroom quest.[*]Allanti the Monk on New Trismus Island will now properly give out the ?Initiate?s First Test? quest.[*]Gerix the Dragon Adventurer in Kion will now continue to give out ability quests until you have become an Ancient (rather than basing it on level).[*]Fixed a bug in the quest ?Accurate Breath I: Kill 20 Forest or Jungle Crawlers? which prevented you from continuing it.[*]Gaeta the Miner on New Trismus Island will now recognize completion of Level 1 and 10 Miner Tasks.[*]Elenna the Gatherer on New Trismus Island will now recognize completion of Level 1 and 10 Gatherer Tasks.[*]Dragon Adventurer quest ?Prove your Merit? will now count the level 20 varieties of Giant Sand Beetles, Enraged Cedar Treants, Forest Crawler Breeders, Venomous Stalker Aggressors, Saris Mummy Warriors, Saris Skeleton Marauders and Lieutenant Vekh.[*]?Dragon Instant Heal V: Kill 20 Ice Beetles? updated to count Shiktin and Ice Gnawer the named Ice Beetles.[*]?Primal Mastery IV: Kill 50 Winter Grulets or Winter Gruoks? will now count Pucky and Hurruf the Winter Gruoks.[*]Level 100 Human Ghost Berserker will appear as a Veteran Ghost Marauder instead of a Mighty Ghost Marauder.[*]?Spiritist: Sort Out the Kion Sand Beetle Problem? corrected to allow you to speak with Kamilari the new Spiritist trainer in Kion.[*]Updated the following Dragon ability quests. They are now given out by Gerix the Dragon Adventurer in Kion and direct you to the proper NPC who will help you gain your new ability:[*]Tooth and Claw Mastery I: Kill 20 Sand Ogres[*]Dragon's Gift I: Kill 20 Bronze Golems[/list][*]Fixed ?Carpenter Task: Craft 1 Oak Construction Braces? to count the proper unit towards completion of the quest.[/list]

Spell and Ability Changes/Fixes:[*]Desiccate will now properly reduce both Flame and Crush resistances.[*]Numbing Cold is now a self-targetable area-effect ability with a range of 30 meters. It now has an associated particle effect.[*]Corrected the scribing requirements for Health IV and V.[*]The damage allowed by Binding Crystals before it breaks has been raised to:[*]Tier 1 - 100[*]Tier 2 - 400[*]Tier 3 - 700[*]Tier 4 - 1000[*]Tier 5 - 1300.[/list][*]Alyssa?s Energized State will now work with ranged spells.[*]Alyssa?s Enervated State will now work with ranged spells.[*]Binding Crystals will now be broken by player damage. It also has a greater effect on the target?s fire resistance.[*]Bind will now break when the target is damaged.[*]Mage?s Maddening Trick IV will now display a mez animation instead of ice root.[*]Level 100 Withered Aegis will now drop Shining Blighted Essence instead of Radiant Blighted Essence.[*]Purify IV and V?s pre-delay reduced to 3.00 but all Purify spells now share a timer.[*]Corrected the range on Satyr Charge and Half-Giant Daze.[/list]

World Changes/Fixes:[*]Garnet Golem will now properly spawn on New Trismus Island instead of in the middle of the Saritova guild community.[*]The sandstone within the cedar forest on New Trismus Island has been exhausted. It can still be found in significant quantities around the pond and near the gem mine.[*]Fixed the treasure tables for Bronze Golems.[*]Fixed the Profession Tag for Miner Trainers throughout Istaria.[*]Fixed the appearance of Mallwen the Scout Trainer in Feladan.[*]Spiritist trainer dialogue clarified so that you don't mistakenly join the Spiritist school.[*]T2, T4, and T6 Library Scaffolding will now show up properly as ?Library? instead of ?Small Human Gambling Den?.[*]Corrected the titles for Acolyte Miry and Sergeant Gaedin on New Trismus.[*]Fewer chickens will spawn in the village of New Trismus and they should follow the Hen now.[*]Level 89 and 90 Festering Aegrors will no longer be known as ?Aegror Aegrors?.[*]Lowered the spawn rate of Cedar Treant Saplings on New Trismus Island.[*]Increased the spawn rate of the Garnet Golem on New Trismus Island.[*]The footprint for the "Tree. leafy large" has been reduced in size so that it is more in keeping with other player-buildable trees.[/list]

Default Re: October Patch Notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    The footprint for the "Tree. leafy large" has been reduced in size so that it is more in keeping with other player-buildable trees.
    YEAH! *starts trying to figure out where one will fit in her new design*

-Levity

Quote Originally Posted by Manga

Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques are now available as loot drops.
    Is this for all tiers, or only Tiers 1 - 3?
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

um...very nice, except everything in the game appears to be nonfunctional?

or am i just imagining things?

cannot recall, cannot port, cannot attack, resources broken, spawns broken

Oh, gorgeous job on the map! Do markers still work?

Selling resources 1 gold per brick:P Yea not your imagination pretty much everything in the game is broken, ports,recalls,empty resource fields.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Mobs not dying, have to run out of range, then run back to loot.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Manga wrote:

Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques are now available as loot drops.

Is this for all tiers, or only Tiers 1 - 3?
    Tiers I - III are available for IBMs at the Aug QM. No one's been able to test what drops due to the snags in the patch. I'm sure it'll be clear soon enough *bounces hopefully and wonders if she can force herself to go to bed awreddy!*

-Levity

Old Ancient models now have the camera set too low in First Person, I am looking out the chest of my Dragon.

Flight always forces a glide, so I have to keep pressing Jump to maintain altitude.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Have I missed it or no official reply yet? Would love to check out the harvest but standing aloneon an undeveloped island that I cant port or run from is'nt very much fun.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

Have you tried a relog, Gordok? Folks on Order were able to port and recall just fine after relogging. Of course, something still made the shard get shut down :(

-Levity

No but I dont think a relog would put resources back in the fields even if it did work and dont trust a roll back.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

Theolaerynn...try usin mouselook to steer mate.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Gerix ability quests are still broken. What is it going to take for me to be able to receive these quests and get this done so I can AROP?

It's been over 3 weeks that this has been patched to blight, patch notes said it is on live, but he still gives me the same spiel about not being able to help me.

:o
    Banzai; drop the quest and restart. I had to when I was in the middle of a long quest and a patch changed it.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Thanks for the tree footprint change.

Question though, did the Trial of the Gifted emblem get fixed in this patch and it was forgotten to be mentioned? It was unequipable.

Eminence uses Ice bone splinters and Vengeance uses Energy Bone splinters.
    I dont see these techs listed in the tech change bit.
    Please dont forget to change these techs to take the new tech comps.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Thanks for the tree footprint change.

Question though, did the Trial of the Gifted emblem get fixed in this patch and it was forgotten to be mentioned? It was unequipable.
    Item Changes/Fixes:
    Emblem of the Gifted will now equip properly into the emblem slot.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by R`aven_Sky`Dash
    Theolaerynn...try usin mouselook to steer mate.
    The problem is that I look down at the ground when I fly, to keep track of land marks. Mouselook nose-dives me [:P]

Fortunately it doesn't matter, the reboot cured the problem [:D]

It did not cure the camera angle though, I am still looking out of my chest.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks Gim, totally missed that when overviewing notes. :)

Also ended up logging in and checking.

I had a weird problem before the patch, Monday night I think. I logged in and the camera was just spinning. no buttons pressed. just spinning around me about 3 times as fast as when dead. Only 1st person view would stabilize it. was weird. sinceI play in windowed mode, sometimes moving the mouse with another window in focus, right during the moments of loading up Hz, must somehow mis-calibrate the mouse input.

Also, before they rebooted the servers, I was having the same problems flying. It was like something was pressing the descend button. The server reboot cured that for me as well.

Thread Information