Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice work, Devs

Default Nice work, Devs

Great work on communication lately, way to instill confidence and promote customer satisfaction.

Makes me glad I pay for this.

/sarcasm off

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Default Re: Nice work, Devs

What the heck is it, now?

~Mirsathia

What isn't it? [:P]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

No communication on Ancient Classes at all, not even to say they have had no time to draft or post the preview mentioned weeks ago.

No communication on why the Ancient model was nerfed.

Folks have been asking for weeks, but the developers have chosen to ignore them. I find that deplorable.

- Albert Einstein

They responded in IRC chat that they are putting the Ancient advancement page on the back burner to work on other things.

Im not happy about it, but I guess with the limited resources they need to prioritize. So they did respond, just not here. Not everything makes it here from the IRC chat unfortunately.

Regarding Ancient size, They also gave reasons in IRC chat. They sounded plausible and I think Im seeing a part of what the problem is with the "Target is 1 meter away" spam when Im trying to melee something that is hitting me. Frid is supposedly working on a fix.

Good news is that the ancient crystals will stack with Western Deadlands crystals after the next patch from blight.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Responding in IRC is entirely irrelevant. Ignoring the fact that some of us never make it into IRC when developers are around, what are the actual odds that we would just happen to be in IRC when the devs make these kinds of statements?

Or is there something in the EULA that I missed that requires us to have a computer logging IRC 24/7 so that we don't miss some piece of information that we feel is important?

It is [lack of] customer service like this that helps lag by keeping server population down. Such a simple thing to post here what is said in IRC, but if there is one thing AE has proven they understand the very least it is their customers. Pretty impressive given the other things they seem to have a tough time understanding.

I give them quite a bit of credit for their dedication to Horizons, but that only goes so far. Good ideas are a dime a dozen, it is implementation and follow through that separates the successful from the also-rans and could-have-beens.

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    They responded in IRC chat that they are putting the Ancient advancement page on the back burner to work on other things.
    Come on. They promised Ancient Advancement to be released ALONG Ancient, so that dragon wouldn't be stuck in a dead-end... And they cancel it? For $#$% sake, I can't believe it.
    Game over, man. Game over.

Lairs are sure going to determine if I renew or now this time.
    I don't pay to run and circle and kill monster that won't give me any satisfaction of reward.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

They also gave reasons in IRC chat. They sounded plausible and I think Im seeing a part of what the problem is with the "Target is 1 meter away" spam when Im trying to melee something that is hitting me.
    That 1 meter away problem cant be the reason that they changed the model.
    The problem exists with hatchlings, adults, the new model and the old model.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

ive never had it isn't this the reason the devs said to just put on free movement? if so it's not the best reasoning. forget about the old model, build a new engine and make dragons look more fearsome and large than ever before...yes i'm dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan

Im not happy about it, but I guess with the limited resources they need to prioritize. So they did respond, just not here. Not everything makes it here from the IRC chat unfortunately.
    IRC doesn't count for two reasons: 1) It is not persistent, and 2) it is not "official".

Regarding Ancient size, They also gave reasons in IRC chat. They sounded plausible and I think Im seeing a part of what the problem is with the "Target is 1 meter away" spam when Im trying to melee something that is hitting me. Frid is supposedly working on a fix.
    They are bunk. I am using the old models, and I have NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER targetting/fighting mobs.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Come on. They promised Ancient Advancement to be released ALONG Ancient, so that dragon wouldn't be stuck in a dead-end... And they cancel it? For $#$% sake, I can't believe it.
    Game over, man. Game over.

Lairs are sure going to determine if I renew or now this time.
    I don't pay to run and circle and kill monster that won't give me any satisfaction of reward.
    oh now where did they say advancement would be in with Ancient Rites? I never saw that..

quite honestly I pretty much thought it was a known fact that Ancient ADVANCEMENT was NOT on the work table. They have LONG said that one the rites and lairs were complete, they were moving to confectioner and other issues.

Now Manga said he was working on a "development preview" or something ABOUT Ancient Advacement, but that isn't the same thing as "its coming out"

Considered its tied to the entire Elder game as a whole, and bipeds don't have one either - I really doubt Dragons will be getting it until the whole system is out - together. Bipeds and Dragons.

I mean its exactly why in all those "This is our reward?" Threads for Ancient, I said time and again that in a year or five - when there is atually a REASON for completing the rites (i.e. Ancient Advancement), then maybe I"ll feel a need to finish the thing.

I don't expect to see any progress on Live for Ancient Classes for at least a year..if not two.

Ancient RITE and Lairs were what they've worked on the last 18 months, now those are done and almost done - what they have been saying for ages as what was coming "next" down the line, never really included the Ancient "classes" or ability advancment. That was just "the plan for sometime in the future" :).

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    I am using the old models, and I have NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER targetting/fighting mobs.
    Agreed. A fair number of us are using the old models, and to my knowlege none of us have had any problems.

Either way, a quick remark in IRC during a time when I strongly suspect there was no one to offer a counter-argument is not only not sufficient, it is just plain irresponsible. To then further ignore our requests for information, well that just adds salt to the wound.

And all this could be so easily avoided by some simple communication, that the fact that AE has chosen not to talk to us really makes me wonder what the possible lifespan of Horizons can be. They have survived this long because of us die-hard players, willing to put up with a hell of a lot of ******** on the off-chance that the game will realize some of its potential. Eventually enough of us are going to get tired of this kind of treatment and move on. That isn't a threat, and I am not personally close to that, but we all have our limits. As The Lord Intern would say 'That is just the Harsh Reality of it'.

- Albert Einstein

Timberhick

Completely off topic and all;

hey Theolaerynn I had started a guild named Illuminati in HZ when the game first came out. Just wondering.

This was a guild Eeyno and I started on Twilight, and actually before that in Beta. If I recall there were two other servers that had guilds of the same name, one of which ended up having to change theirs when the servers merged last year and we ended up on Chaos together.

Our guild is currently run by Nimbus

- Albert Einstein

Wow, even The Lord Intern has been quiet...

- Albert Einstein

JorgNep

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Pharcellus wrote: I am using the old models, and I have NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER targetting/fighting mobs.Agreed. A fair number of us are using the old models, and to my knowlege none of us have had any problems.
    Actually, I use the old model and I also have been seeing the 1m away bug.

I've been informed by the devs that this is a known issue with Free Movement OFF.

I always play with it ON, and never have that problem.

yes, free movement off has needed attention for a long time... for some reason mobs shift around as if you're moving even when you aren't. this creates a push-pull between you and the mob that sometimes puts you out of range with them.
    there are many situations where i find not having free movement on is very helpful in a fight.. like having two enemies or more, wanting to swing around and select a different one to spread out the damage done with things like ravage and galewind so when you start AoEing things die around the same time.
    sometimes it gets frustrating enough though that lately i've been using free movement and trying to get used to it, but i still prefer "sticking" to the mob i'm on greatly.

Great work on communication lately, way to instill confidence and promote customer satisfaction.
    Tulga's working really hard on that "We just spent the last 6 months doing major content updates for only dragons that still aren't done yet" project. I'm sure their objective here is to upset the players. Think maybe the whole dragon school thing isn't finalized enough to give out information yet? Think maybe they're actually working on what they're wanting to do instead of making sure every single player understands everything about projects that are not yet finished? Where is it written that teasers must be fully explained shortly after being announced? Do you think SoE or Blizzard would respond to a request like this?

Come on. They promised Ancient Advancement to be released ALONG Ancient, so that dragon wouldn't be stuck in a
    Where? When?

"We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Great work on communication lately, way to instill confidence and promote customer satisfaction.Tulga's working really hard on that "We just spent the last 6 months doing major content updates for only dragons that still aren't done yet" project. I'm sure their objective here is to upset the players. Think maybe the whole dragon school thing isn't finalized enough to give out information yet? Think maybe they're actually working on what they're wanting to do instead of making sure every single player understands everything about projects that are not yet finished? Where is it written that teasers must be fully explained shortly after being announced? Do you think SoE or Blizzard would respond to a request like this?
    Doesn't mean they can't just say that, or give us some communication. Folks seem to be having a tough time with that word, like if we ask for some feedback from the Devs that we must be asking for a finalized product or something.

All I am asking is that they keep the lines of communication open, and if they can't do something then simply tell us here where those of us who can't be on IRC 24/7 can actually hear about it too.

Not asking for much, but apparently more than AE is willing to give. I am certainly not asking for all the stuff some folks seem to interpret the word communication to indicate.

Oh, and as for the two game companies you mentioned:

I left SoE products when I got fed up with their deplorable customer service, and I have refused to buy a single Blizzard title since they invaded the privacy of folks who chose to play Starcraft. Sure, they wont even notice the loss of two copies each of any of their games, and even if they did it would most likely just give them a chuckle. Thats ok, though, I am quite happy knowing I am limiting my purchase of poor customer service. If you are happy paying for it then more power to you.

- Albert Einstein

Thread Information