Thread: Alternate vaults?

Rashir Ajah

Default Alternate vaults?

So players can build vaults now. Hooray. However, unlike most buildings, there's only one option for building a vault. The current vaults take up a fair amount of space, which is good for their tier, but how about a taller two-story tier VI vault with a smaller footprint. A wider vault for tier II might also be worth looking into. These would add more variety to player building options, and give some of the smaller plots a chance to have a vault in the area, at the cost of some extra work.

Default Re: Alternate vaults?

As that is something that has already been done with the siloes, as far as I know...cant tell for sure, as I am playing on ICE and we have no playerbuildings what so ever right now, I could imagine they might do it with vaults as well.

But I don't think the time is to do it now....I would rather see the other races structures coming into the game before changes were made to the existing ones.

Shonie

Aye, would be nice to see some other racial structures (elven!! [:D]) by the time we get our guildhouse done, and I get to start planning my plot.

There is no real reason for having alternate tier vaults because they have
    only one function - to give you access to your regular vault just like the
    regular vault keepers. They don't add space so why have different tiers?

There are so many other things they could spend time working on than
    another tier vault just to reduce its footprint. How about lights, more
    kinds of plants, decorative fixtures, different pillars, stairs, etc....

Once there is one in a community (and it isn't locked off) there is really
    little use for another...

Remember two things:

1) Vaults are incredibly powerful and having too many not only gets silly (like bus stops every 10 feet) they can make things "too easy"

2) Vaults won't be "as powerful" after we lose our unlimi-vault storage.

Peronsonal plots don't need vaults unless the plots are huge to begin with.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

I think the reason for vaults being the size they are, and no other options, is in order to prevent there from being too many of them and they have a rather powerful use. Also as far as the variety in the silos go, there are basically 3 different storage capacities with Tiers I & II begin the same, III and IV same, and likewise V and VI being the same storage wise, but with the higher tier of each of those pairings having smaller footprint. I'm not sure if they could even do this with vaults as they already draw on a good range of the upper tiers to build, so it might not be possible to scale up the resource requirements to reflect a smaller footprint size.

Maybe with other racial vaults though we could get different vaults, probably the same footprint area, but different shape.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Thread Information