Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Lair Update: November 1, 2005

Default Dragon Lair Update: November 1, 2005

It's been almost a month of testing since I've done my last update, so here's the current status.

331 Lairs placed.
    146 Corridors and Chambers available

7 Helian & Lunus Corridors
    3 Way
    4 Way
    Bend
    Slope
    Spiral 01
    Spiral 02
    Straight

66Helian & Lunus Chambers
    Consigner 1-6
    Crystal Shaping 1-6
    Essence Shaping 1-6
    Gemworking 1-6
    Grand Hall 6
    Hall 1-6
    Lair 1-6
    Library 2, 4, 6
    Pawnbroker 1-6
    Shrine 3
    Silo 1-6
    Smelting 1-6
    Stoneworking 1-6
    Vault 3

Yet to come:
    Names for new communities
    Final depths for Lairs
    Final Empire prices for Lairs
    Subterranean lighting
    Lairs in existing guild communities (these will not be part of the general auction, since they will be part of an existing guild).

We are testing on Blight and continue to make interface adjustments.

We are holding off the Hoard chamber until we can get more functionality for it.
    Taverns and Gambling are going to be revisited in order to improve their functionality for all. Lair versions will be added at that time.

Thank you for playing Horizons,

David Bowman

David Bowman

Default Re: Dragon Lair Update: November 1, 2005

[Y]

Can't wait to take a look at the lair planning window.

Looking frowards to live release... [:D]

A question; since Grand Halls will be the equivalent of Guildhouses, will they too incorporate a shrine? Or do we always need to build the shrine cave separately if we want a bind point?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Taverns and Gambling are going to be revisited in order to improve their functionality for all. Lair versions will be added at that time.

Interested to see what benefit these will be to dragons.

Can't wait.

A question; since Grand Halls will be the equivalent of Guildhouses, will they too incorporate a shrine? Or do we always need to build the shrine cave separately if we want a bind point?
    Correction. Halls are the equivalent of Guild Houses. The Grand Hall is something else. And there is only one (no tiered versions).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I am very interested in how the new build GUI window works for lair construction, Will be interesting to see it in action on Blight.

Has there been any thoughts of adding buildable items into chambers after compleation? Such as placeable crystal, lights and such? I know this would lead into a whole new area but thought I would ask anyhow. ;)
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Sounds great, really interested in that grand hall.

Just another question,can you build any tier room on any plot. For instance if I laired in chiconis which is kind of tier 2 (iron/slate) could I put up a tier 5 silo or a grand hall??
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Sounds great, really interested in that grand hall.

Just another question,can you build any tier room on any plot. For instance if I laired in chiconis which is kind of tier 2 (iron/slate) could I put up a tier 5 silo or a grand hall??
    Tier of rooms is only prevented by size not location. Lairs do not have Tier rating just size ratings.

Wow, I just realised that trying to design a lair is going to be like.. like doing Jenga backwards, or some 3D puzzle! Awesome! XD

~Mirsathia

Looking good. That grand hall looks intriguing. It had been my intentionnot tofool with tier 6 since I'm not a masochist; but I'll have to see if it's cool enough to make me change my mind. Maybe I'll have alternate plans since it would be the last thing built. I'd save space for one, but when it gets time and if I don't feel up to it, I"ll instead use that space for a regular hall and possibly something else. I'm sure that by the time I get to that point there will be many other lairs with grand halls so I'd be able to see exactly what one looks like.

I can see how it would be good to not try for too much. It would be easy to plan some grandiose lair which I'd never be able to finish and then get discouraged.

Now I'm wondering what the additional functionality of the hoard chamber might be. I want to be able to do the classic dragon thing and sprawl out on my hoard. Such as it is (although if I do many more Valkoth camps it may not be worth sprawling out on and if I did I'd completely hide it :) )

so using what you just said...

Other than lairs in already established guild locations, we aren't getting any more new lairs other than what has already been placed in the 'old world' (not counting the supposed dragon island lair/guilds community from invisibleisland).

*sigh*

how many biped plots are there? more or less than lairs?
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    how many biped plots are there? more or less than lairs?
    I dont have an exact number, but I know it's more than lairs.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

I'm just glad its only one plot per account
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

The proof will come at the auction to see if every dragon looking for a plot gets one; but assuming that's true, I like the fact that dragon plots aren't NEARLY the eyesore that all those biped plots are. Probably because, being underground, they're a lot less conspicuous plus the fact that there aren't nearly as many (and, considering how many unoccupied biped plots and sometimes unoccupied biped towns, I think they could stand toloose a few biped plots but that's for another thread).

Ok, there are probably places where someone would like to see a lair plot and they're not putting them. I suspect the reasons are many including they can't think of everything andthey have plans for some areas, etc. But hopefully every dragon looking for a plot will be able to get one that's reasonably close to what they want. Won't be perfect. Nothing is perfect. But reasonably good.

I do hope they'll flesh out the new dragon island before the auction. I've been thinking about some plots on that island butdon't want to bid on oneuntil I see what kind of mobs are there, where the portals are andwhere the resources are.

Some of us can't afford to do the auction. We must wait until after the auction and purchase leftovers. The mad rush of dragons after the auction is over will tell us if there are enough. I won't state what my suspicions are on that one, but I am willing to bet that the leftovers are in high lag, low tiered areas, or something for 15g and unreachable by some of us.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Just wanted to add that T1 Helian structures are now buildable on Blight. Aru has a lair that people can add stuff to right by the bind stone of Chiconis. So take some time and come help out if you want. There are a few other lairs that can be built on but nothing is for sale atm.

Found a bug that allows Bipeds the ability to make all but 3 dragon construction items as well.
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    Just wanted to add that T1 Helian structures are now buildable on Blight. Aru has a lair that people can add stuff to right by the bind stone of Chiconis. So take some time and come help out if you want. There are a few other lairs that can be built on but nothing is for sale atm.

Found a bug that allows Bipeds the ability to make all but 3 dragon construction items as well.
    Dang, I just saw this so I went to blight to help out. But the lair behind the bind stone is already complete. :(

Yes, Aru's Lair is finnished, he was adding all the components to see if all the rooms worked when completed. It seems there are a few issues with some machines at the moment. Another problem which is a blocker for anyone trying to build anything is that there is no way to create crystals anymore. They changed the machine needed to be a dragon gembench of somthing like that. These machines do not exist in game atm as such cannot build any rooms.

I ended up doing all the resources for my first room on my lair (Serenity) however got stuck when it came to adding crystal lattices because of the above bug. Lucky I had a few in my vault from last week, but did not have enough to finnish it. Was so close to actaully completing a room all by myself too...
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Just wanted to add that the lair construction window was very easy to use. One thing to note is that some rooms take up vertical space so they span multiple levels. This can get confusing when you add other parts and try to delete the multi level room because it wont let you if you have other nodes hanging off that would be orphaned, but you cant see them until you go up or down a level in the display. In anycase this first phase of the Blight test run was very impressive for myself at least.
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Thread Information