Thread: Spell Techs - Put some teeth on em

Default Spell Techs - Put some teeth on em

Question:

If Nature is maxed with training points, if and when does accuracy tech provide diminishing returns?

Reason I ask: sure would be nice to replace with gale/romp/pierce

ex:

Tier V Soften: Bane/Blight Poison/Taint (get more out of the gale tech)
    Tier V Lightning bolt: Nature Dmg/Covalence/Gale

Those two in theory would put some real teeth on the bolt. However, every missed bolt is definatley a hamper on the overall DPS over the course of the fight.

Thanks in advance,
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Elkandriel

Default Re: Spell Techs - Put some teeth on em

If you got your gear teched with nature too I`d say you could dish accuracy tech. Anyway it adds tons of accuracy so it would be probably wise to put it at least on stuns and roots since those are critical. Blight spells you don`t need teched except maybe range. Those are so little use so it would be waste of trophies now. Those tech dots don`t stack with ruin or blight spell dots etc. It probably also depends a lot on mobs which you are fighting against. Some mobs may just dodge too much so it could be better to get 2 teched nature bolts. Actually nature bolt is very bad from dam perspective. It has delay of 32? and those low delay attacks got very low dam. Just get tier 3-5 ae spells teched and maybe stonefist andnever use bolt again. So maybe you should check it against some high magic defence creatures first. Maybe spiders at swamp south of Harro or some bloodskulks there give good testing ground. I`d say ae stuns with accuracy and covalence and lightning storms too. Bolt with pure dam and same for stonefist.

Fisk

How well do you like putting covalance on your nature spells? I've been trying to figure out if it's worth using, but no one seems to have an opinion on it. I'm using T3 spells now and am thinking of putting it on improved lightning bolt and thunder. I use lightning bolt a lot, so covalence seems to be handy and would go off at least once in a fight. Putting it on thunder is good as I only really use thunder for stuns and when fighting multiple mobs, so it covalence would also have a good chance of going off.
    Thoughts?

Follow up:

Nature Dmg + Covalence + Romp/Gale/Pierce

Awesome - I gots teef

Basically use 3 bolts. One of each with romp, gale and pierce. Use romp for ogres, pierce for golems, etc.

After maxing nature to the hilt with training points I don't notice myself missing any more or less than I did with the accuracy tech tier 3... damned wind golems.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

sarnon

what does convalence do?

sarnon

for that matter, what does Rompand Gale do?

Im adding these to upgrade my T5 spells and trying to decide which.

sarnon

nevermind...found out

Thread Information