Thread: Reloading Hotkeys from hard-disk

Fluuoro

Default Reloading Hotkeys from hard-disk

Hi,
    my hotkeys bars are exploding considering craft/adventurer activity. I'm actually looking a way to have more than 10 banks of hotkeys digging in the .def files but i had no luck. I think a very good solution to this would be a slash command like /loadhotkey that reloads hotkeys from hard disk so i can create a set fo complete UIHotkeys.def in my prefs directory and switch them while playing.
    Thanks

Fluuoro

Default Re: Reloading Hotkeys from hard-disk

yeah I'm with you, some mechanism to allow for hotkey profiles would be great - I'd rather see a simplified method of switching between sets of hotkeys implemented since that would make it more accessible to players as opposed to using a command line feature though if the basics are implemented then the foundation can be built upon in the future as time allows [:)]

this has always been a popular request, couple of other topics that touch on it for example :

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=106315
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=22912

personally I don't like the idea of just adding more hotkeys, some sort of mechanism for switching between sets of hotkeys is more preferable and demonstrates some "spit 'n polish" as opposed to a quick remedy [:D]

Default Re: Reloading Hotkeys from hard-disk

Bumping an old post. Been playing around with this ... you can reload the icons on the fly but not the actual abilities.

Would need the ability to load the UIHotkeys file on the fly from Istaria\prefs\chaos_charname

Like a /loadUIHotkeys command

Don't know if this exists or how hard it would be to make a command that calls this file from in game but it would make switching classes soooooooooooooooooooo much easier.

Thanks,

Snowfury of Chaos

Thread Information