Thread: Unescapeable hole

Default Unescapeable hole

at 30210/24965 is an unescapeable hole for bipeds, really nasty. Please fix this.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Unescapeable hole

Are you able to recall out of the hole?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Checked this back (Sorry Takora, was to corious about this), and found out loc is 30220/24964 more precisly. You can recall out of this, but its bad when you hadrun so far deep into the ED and had to recall just of some little nasty hole you ran accidently into ... [:O]

Greetings,
    Murphyfox
    --
    MurphyFox_wind, the chubby Ancient Helian Dragon
    lvl100 Dragon Adventurer, lvl100 Dragon Crafter
    Soliferus, the blackfurred Craft Saris:
    lvl43 Cleric, lvl56 Mason, lvl46 Enchanter, lvl57 Blacksmith, lvl 64 Fitter, lvl22 Weaver, lvl 24 Scholar, lvl 35 Carpenter, lvl31 Outfitter, lvl15 Confectioner

behind the wood workshop at the cedar field east of parsinia is also such a hole (dont have coords with me, ill put them here when i get back home)
    recalling out is the only way to get out

So it is not unescapable, yes? [:P]

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Vignar

There are a BUNCH of holes in the valleys where the Lapiz golems spawn. Not sure if you can recall out of them because I avoid them like the plague. It it too far of a run from any teleporters for me to want to test jumping in. Also at the lapiz, there is a 'crack', I don't know what else it would be called, in the ground. You can't fall through it, but it is still ugly. I don't have the coords, but you can see it when you face NW. It is on a lightly sloping hill, visible when facing down the hill.

*edit: the lapiz golem area by the Telescope

Unescapable holes are ones that you are NOT able to recall out of, or that are actual breaks in the terrain. If you find these, please report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Unescapable holes are ones that you are NOT able to recall out of, or that are actual breaks in the terrain. If you find these, please report them.
    you won't fix the pits in the terrain anymore if they can be recalled out of?
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Not all depressions or dips in the ground should necessarily be fixed. That is all I'm saying. The terrain does not have to be flat and smooth in all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Not all depressions or dips in the ground should necessarily be fixed. That is all I'm saying. The terrain does not have to be flat and smooth in all places.
    indeed. it makes things interesting to say the least. like those very large (and obviously intended) pits in the north of the east blight... or the dead pool near Dalimond.

But the odd "wrinkles" in the terrain that look like this: V should be smoothed so they can be escaped, not necessarily removed. From the characters perspective they can be hard to see, and sometimes they even seem escapible. but they arn't becuase the slope is just a shade above the "degree of climability".

Several months ago, not long after release actually... most were reported and fixed in a large effort to get rid of them. It was very successful, however some more remote ones (and thereby more fustrating ones) still exist, and some have been created from the changes to the land post-merge.

If they are not going to be fixed, that's ok. far more important stuff out there. but, if they are to be fixed, can there be some way the player base can report them once they fall in? support tickets work... but maybe something as simple as players emailing coords to a [email protected] ?
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Back in the days when these sorts of things were a real problem it was possible to "spin" out of the hole if there was a targetable mob. I don't know if that still works but it's worth a try since it's way better than a recall. You propbably can't have the free movement option checked for it to work I suspect.

Aquilus

You know I found one of these while getting attuned to Abandoned Isle early on. I thought about reporting it but then realized, would it really be considered a bug? Aren't there tons of places in real life that if you fell in to, you wouldn't be able to climb out? I was wandering around NE blight yesterday, I really had to watch my step as there were a bunch of large nasty pits, some of which I could not even see the bottom of, that I *know* I would be forced to recall out of. So I don't think these are necessarily bugs. Annoyances yes, but such is life.

Thread Information