Thread: Convenient plot permission idea

Default Convenient plot permission idea

Players have wanted better control of structure permissions, but the options have been pretty limited.

How about if we went onelevel deeper into the friends list for permissions and made it so permissions are tied to groups within the friends list? This would have several very nice features:

1) Should be relatively easy for devs to implement.

2) Gives a lot of control since you can name groups in your friends list. Let's say you have a silo of mith bars you want to give access to someone, you just make a group called "Mith Silo" and set the silo's permissions to that group.

3) Would allow you to edit permissions of structures and not have to be at your plot to do it.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Default Re: Convenient plot permission idea

Structur permission with list independend to plot mernission we are asking for a long time now. Hope we will get it some time in the future. As it is now i donnt like it. If i use list option i can not have any structure accesable to public (pawn, consigner, shops, some silos ...)
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Good idea. Same as setting Windows workgroups permissions if youre an admin.

We have been asking for something like this since the games went live. I would love to see it, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

A form of that is currently in use. In your plot permission friends, when it pulls up the window to add people, you can drag a group folder from your player list over to the window. It automatically copies all the people in that folder.

Downside is, if you add more people to the player list in those folders, it does not automatically update the plot permission.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Runtus

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    A form of that is currently in use. In your plot permission friends, when it pulls up the window to add people, you can drag a group folder from your player list over to the window. It automatically copies all the people in that folder.

Downside is, if you add more people to the player list in those folders, it does not automatically update the plot permission.

I think this works for plot permissions, but will it work for structure permissions?

Runtus

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

No, there is no friends list for a structure's permission.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information