Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...so how about fixing those SLITTED NECKS?!?

Default ...so how about fixing those SLITTED NECKS?!?

hmf

Default Re: ...so how about fixing those SLITTED NECKS?!?

they seem to prefer ignoring the damage they did to the models.
    Lets hope that when the lairs are done they will devote a little time to this (and I do mean a little, Open model in Maya, move one vertex in Maya, select all, scale up by 15%, export model again.)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

easier fix go back to old model my head has no slit with the old size

yep! old model works for me great, i have no problems with it! [Y]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Except for the evilly huge bounding box, and the OTHER graphical bugs. IE, the gaps when one looks at their headfin edge-on, and also the gaps viewable when one is edge-on to the dorsal fins on the back of the head/neck.

Yeah, actually I DID patch in the old model for a couple of weeks to try it. It was, honestly, more trouble with the bounding box (my biggest peeve) than it was worth, and so I deleted all of the files from the override file, and repatched for my smaller form.

How about they fix what's actually broken -- the dewlap on the new model - and leave people to choose for themselves whether they want the small or the big one, ne?

~Mirsathia

and while you're at it, please fix first person view so I am no longer looking out of my neck!

See... here's a pic in first person, I'm looking through the railing on the 2nd floor in Feledan.
    In 3rd person you can clearly see my chin is above the top of the railing.

old models, new models, both have this same problem.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Is it possible to fiddle with your bounding box size, similar to /setscale? <_< I'm not technical, really, (not even sure exactly how /setscale works!)but that could help things on that end, with the old Ancient models.

Quote Originally Posted by Talitha
    Is it possible to fiddle with your bounding box size, similar to /setscale? <_< I'm not technical, really, (not even sure exactly how /setscale works!)but that could help things on that end, with the old Ancient models.
    as far as I know, it is not possible.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia
    Yeah, actually I DID patch in the old model for a couple of weeks to try it. It was, honestly, more trouble with the bounding box (my biggest peeve) than it was worth, and so I deleted all of the files from the override file, and repatched for my smaller form.

~Mirsathia

what are you talking about?

the ancient size patcher does not change the ent file that contains are bounding box code in it so it is all in your head that you think it is bigger

"Is it possible to fiddle with your bounding box size, similar to /setscale? <_< I'm not technical, really, (not even sure exactly how /setscale works!)but that could help things on that end, with the old Ancient models. "
    as i said above there is a ent file that contains the code for the bounding box and some other niffty information but as i never had a problem with my bounding box i never tried to fiddle with it,

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Mirsathia wrote:

~Mirsathia

what are you talking about?

the ancient size patcher does not change the ent file that contains are bounding box code in it so it is all in your head that you think it is bigger

"Is it possible to fiddle with your bounding box size, similar to /setscale? <_< I'm not technical, really, (not even sure exactly how /setscale works!)but that could help things on that end, with the old Ancient models. "

as i said above there is a ent file that contains the code for the bounding box and some other niffty information but as i never had a problem with my bounding box i never tried to fiddle with it,
    I don't know the techie details by any means. I just know what I had a problem with. *shrugs*

I generally view my character 3D with the camera fully pulled out. And, with the larger model, I had to get much closer--almost literally looking right over the shoulder--to select miscellaneous things (vaultkeeper, consigner, resource nodes) than I do with the 'new' smaller model. I changed back, end of problems.

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia
    Except for the evilly huge bounding box, and the OTHER graphical bugs. IE, the gaps when one looks at their headfin edge-on, and also the gaps viewable when one is edge-on to the dorsal fins on the back of the head/neck.

How about they fix what's actually broken -- the dewlap on the new model - and leave people to choose for themselves whether they want the small or the big one, ne?
    The bounding box issues could easily be fixed by edigint the bounding box information like Akhor pointed out some time ago. Nothing that a DEV can't do in 10 minutes and put on the file, along with the old models, on the next update.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I went back to the new model, the old one was just too big, it didn't fit on my dam screen [:P]
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    I went back to the new model, the old one was just too big, it didn't fit on my dam screen [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    you shouldn't play on a 14" monitor at 640x480 too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kitimandiri wrote: I went back to the new model, the old one was just too big, it didn't fit on my dam screen [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

you shouldn't play on a 14" monitor at 640x480 too [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

so true so true

and the OTHER graphical bugs. IE, the gaps when one looks at their headfin edge-on, and also the gaps viewable when one is edge-on to the dorsal fins on the back of the head/neck
    Actually the headmodels didnt change, so that problem exists on both the new and the old model.

It would have been much easier for the devs to fix the old model then introduce the crappy new model.
    select the badly connecting vertices, choose "snap", choose "weld".
    Thats all they had to do, I would still love to know why they didnt.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kitimandiri wrote:I went back to the new model, the old one was just too big, it didn't fit on my dam screen [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

you shouldn't play on a 14" monitor at 640x480 too [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

I don't know about Kiti, but I've got a 19" at 1280x1024. It's STILL too big. :P

~Mirsathia

we need a new emote where our heads fall off and we fumble around trying to pick them up

My monitor is 17" and I play at 1280x1024. Dragonaide you are a rather rude fellow making assumptions like that.

The model was too big, now how about fixing the necks [:P]
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    we need a new emote where our heads fall off and we fumble around trying to pick them up
    LOL ! That would be great ! ;)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    My monitor is 17" and I play at 1280x1024. Dragonaide you are a rather rude fellow making assumptions like that.
    *points to the winking emote*

Thread Information