Thread: Time to come back

Ariemeth

Default Time to come back

Well, it has been almost a year since I last played Horizons. Always wanted to come back but for one reason or another kept talking myself out of it. Now that SWG has left me feeling absolutely devoid of any personal goals I'm coming back. Not that I ever made it very big in this game. My highest level is 15 I think. Oh well looking forward to playing again. Just have to wait for the maintenance to be over with.

Default Re: Time to come back

Welcome back. I think you will find an number of SWG refugees in the starter towns these days...

Ariemeth

I would be willing to wager that a good portion of those SWG refugees were crafters. SOE did a very good job of really pissing off the majority of crafters and made it so they would have a very hard time trying to enjoy crafting let alone being told that if you stay a crafter you can no longer fight. Oh well enough ranting about SWG, that account is cancelled at the end of the current billing cycle.

Will you be coming to Chaos or Order?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Ariemeth

I am on Chaos.

Seems wierd that there are only really 2 servers now. I remember the first server mergings before I left and though that was odd.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome back, Ariemeth.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Charb33

Funny enough, I was sitting on my couch thinking of quitting the MMOG I'm playing currently. And that game is..... Yup, you guessed it... SWG.

But what was I going to play next? Horizons came to mind. Man how i loved playing my Dragon. (How are they btw? Still gimped?) So I thought I'd look into it. Downloading the Trial as I type. I would still like to try it out before I reactivate.

So i guess I'm not the first one to come over from SWG and certainly not the last.

See you online (Most likely Chaos)

Charb33

Melanko

Hi everyone, i also am coming back to see the new changes after canceling SWG. Its been quite a while since i played and am looking forward to hopefully seeing some old friends still in game. My main character was Melanko and he was in the guild Faith.

later

Melanko

linusboarder21

SWG refugee here as well

Questions, questions.... [:D]

Faith is alive and well on Chaos, and I know there are still several active long-term members.

Dragons... "gimp" is not a word that can be associated with dragons any more. Better armor, better abilities, increased hoard drops - It's a good time to be a dragon. You also have until the 28th to get in and bid for a lair.

I counted six SWG refugees in the New Player Assistance chat on Chaos Saturday night and at least one newcomer identified themselves as such last night. Favorite overheard comment of the week: "I think I'll go KnoC. They're warrior-mages, they live by a code of ethics, and they can summon a glowing sword. That's close enough for me..."
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

linusboarder21

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    I counted six SWG refugees in the New Player Assistance chat on Chaos Saturday night and at least one newcomer identified themselves as such last night. Favorite overheard comment of the week: "I think I'll go KnoC. They're warrior-mages, they live by a code of ethics, and they can summon a glowing sword. That's close enough for me..."
    ROFL I am Actually going KoC, but not cause of that reason, it just sounded pretty cool. Ok well i guess it is that reason

renea

I am giving this a look after what has happened to SWG. So far I have to admit liking what I see.

Thread Information