Thread: A few questions...

Ezius

Default A few questions...

First off: Hello all!

I played at release for maybe 2 weeks, got fed up and went back to DAOC. I'm returning and excited to get back at it...and of course the game is down all day for a patch (just my luck). At least this gives me time to research what I really want to play.

Questions:
    -Are there dungeons or dungeon equivalents in this game?
    -Raid zones/areas?
    -How difficult is it to get a group? I will generally be playing midday during the week and friday/saturday nights.

I am currently leaning towards playing a pure paladin. I'm also interested in some of the prestige classes. Any links to a paladin faq would be most helpful.

Thank you all, hope to see you in game. Will be on the Chaos shard.

Default Re: A few questions...

Some answers . . . .

1) There are no dungeons per se in the game, but there are areas with VERY high level beasties (e.g., the Eastern Deadlands).

2) I'm not sure what you mean by "raid zones/areas" having never played games like EQ, but there are beasties in the game that cannot be soloed--such as the Son of Gigaroth, Valkoth and the Guardians in the Rift--and thus require groups to slay them.

3) On Order it is not difficult at all to get into a group hunt. If you are in a guild, just ask in guild chat. If not, just ask in Market channel.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Ezius

Thank you! Very helpful. I actually will end up playing on chaos if I ever manage to log on. Having issues with silentpatcher.exe and actually launching the game.

Try logging in through the web site at least once or twice first, then, once all the updating is done, try the stand-alone launcher.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

To provide some further answers, there are no designated raid zones or such, as at its basic concept Horizons is a zoneless world. When you move from place A to B, you don't 'zone' in between, you walk and walk and walk and you reach your destination. Or you use the travel gate network for instant ports. Horizons doesn't instance either, so anywhere you go you may run into other players. Griefing is rare here, so you don't normally have to fear someone coming and KSing your targets. There's no PvP either, so you don't have to fear getting ganked either - well, there is the experimental, consensual PvP arena on test server, but that's another story.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information