Thread: plot buildings way to big

Default plot buildings way to big

ok well supject has it some may say no there not but think of it this way for like a teir 4 human house you probabally need the castle plot so if you would shrink them to a more manageable size that would be nice...and also being able to paint your house different colors would be nice too (just not stuff like hot pink please there are enough dragons like that)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Default Re: plot buildings way to big

You *did* see the GIGANTIC plots that were added after the merge, right? They have enough room to accomodate the largest buildings, plus vaults, plus silos, plus machines, etc.

Building sizes are fine. If you have a small plot, build small structures. That's why there are small plots and big plots and why the cost more to get the larger ones.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

yes i know everyone and thereunclebidded on them unfourtuneitally there were no whare near enough of them what is considerd a large new plot cant even fit a teir 3 house on it
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

structures are improportion imo. the Fiend Consigner is about 10 times larger than the Dwarven Consigner.

small workshops are the same as the large, or higher tier ones.

Spazer

Maybe go back and combine some of those 100's of plots that are so small NOBODY at all wants them because they are jsut totaly useless, you can maybe build one small house and one workshop, there are alots of player cities out there now with almost nothing to work off of and none with vault, plots are too small to hold one, most are 20 x 20 to 25 x 25 , combine these to make even 35 x 35 to 50 x 50 and you will see more plots being bought and used, I have saw alot of the nice ones get bought and not a single thing evne planned on them , and lots with building plans and not one thing started.

here again is the main reason DB didn't want finishing machines back in the fields , his idea was players would buy plots and not be greedy , meaning place work shops and vaults on key plots in the world so the server it self would be a better place for all. but take a walk around and look at Key plots that are even now still flat, unplaned, not worked on at all , or has been set up to look pretty and has no shops or vaults needed by the game. and some key plots do have a machine and is red shielded. the person knows how important the plot and the shop is , builds it there and shields it just because they can. have to keep in mind that kids and some childish adluts do play this game.

Martal Bau

Yea that Vault & T1 guild hall are the most annoying things. Almost everyone wants those 2 items near their house but since you can't count on your neighbor letting you use it, you get communities with 80% of the plots having 1 if not both of those buildings. So for plots that are 50x50 that's basically half of the plot wasted on something that is uniformarily desireable by everyone in the community.

IMO it would have been a million times better to just have a community plot with a Shrine, Vault, & Portal that players in the community could rebuild.

I would almost suggest not allowing guild halls on non guild plots, but that's probably too limiting and most of the current guild plots were not all the impressive.

Also, I agree that a lot of the small plots should be wiped away and turned into bigger ones. I like having the noob island, but without a influx of new players I fear it will be completely wasted space. I would have some small plots around all the towns and on the noob island (Genivra or whatever it's called), but all other areas with small plots should be nuked & replaced with bigger more desireable plots.

Thread Information