Thread: Are Lairs suppose to be completed?

Default Are Lairs suppose to be completed?

Why has it been made so hard to work on our lairs?

First off we have a greatly increased resource requirement and over complication of building.
    ....the answer: Well one dragon can buildits own lair> OK, I can live with that.

Then primary resources are scattered in small amounts and hard tofind, we werehaving to wait for resources when we were all workingon just one lair. Now you have a lot of dragons working on their lairs. To addinsult to injuryI spent close to 20 hours searching for tier 3 crystals only to be told...oh they're out there. you just have to find them. Why? how many resource fields to other builders have to search for?

Lastly, expert forms. Some you can buy and some are drop only. This by itself I like. But coupled with all the other obstacles is a bunch of crap.

Whyhas it been made so hard to build my lair?

I waited 2 years for lairshaping only to be handed some abomination thats going to take me forever to build. GRIND GRIND GRIND.....thats not fun!!

100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Default Re: Are Lairs suppose to be completed?

I have only recently started with lairshaping, but I must agree with Death-knell up to a point...

I believe that complex construction techniquesare not a bad thing... [:)]
    I alsobelieve it is supposed to bechallenging and not something that can be reached over night, but I do believe that this is quite a little bit over doing it. [:S]

1 new craft school and 10 different types of components and intermediary products for lair construction, and you also need the skills learned in theold or maincraft school. [:|]

If this is the future of lair construction I do believe it would be more fair thatbiped plot construction gets a revamp as well, because eventhough its still time consuming, its alsopatheticly easy to do in comparison to lairs... [A]

Nonetheless I am looking forward to start constructing my own lair, but the complex construction will make it very hard for me to completely solo my lair, but I have always enjoyed a challenge...
    T1 is very easy since all resources are within reach of each other in New Trimus, but after that its going to be terrible for me I guess...
    A big challenge, but a terrible grind nonetheless... [:(]

btw... Can we have cargo scales? [:$]

Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    I have only recently started with lairshaping, but I must agree with Death-knell up to a point...

I believe that complex construction techniquesare not a bad thing... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    I alsobelieve it is supposed to bechallenging and not something that can be reached over night, but I do believe that this is quite a little bit over doing it. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]

1 new craft school and 10 different types of components and intermediary products for lair construction, and you also need the skills learned in theold or maincraft school. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-8.gif[/img]

If this is the future of lair construction I do believe it would be more fair thatbiped plot construction gets a revamp as well, because eventhough its still time consuming, its alsopatheticly easy to do in comparison to lairs... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img]

Nonetheless I am looking forward to start constructing my own lair, but the complex construction will make it very hard for me to completely solo my lair, but I have always enjoyed a challenge...
    T1 is very easy since all resources are within reach of each other in New Trimus, but after that its going to be terrible for me I guess...
    A big challenge, but a terrible grind nonetheless... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

btw... Can we have cargo scales? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]

Just a nod of agreement here. :/

It's painfully slow to even build one Tier 1 corridor. ;__; The ONLY people who are building at any sort of pace are people who have at least 6 silos and have stockpiled either the blocks that they've ground out in getting to insane levels in the past week, or the resources needed. Having access to a full set of biped silos shouldn't be essential to working on these things!

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    To addinsult to injuryI spent close to 20 hours searching for tier 3 crystals only to be told...oh they're out there. you just have to find them.
    Mirsathia (sp) found (or at least announced the find) of an unbuilt cave near Tazoon which seems to have the T3 crystals and a crystal shaper. It seems they are there after all.

So any more info on the mine? was it found on live or blight? a area to search for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    So any more info on the mine? was it found on live or blight? a area to search for it?
    It was found on Chaos. It's a groundlevel lair at the southwestern edge of the Tazoon crater.

I tried to get people to help build it, since it's all T1, but all I got were pseudo-generous, "I'm high level so I'll let the low levels build it" replies - ie, "I'd rather be selfish and work on my lair while you sweat it out working for the community." And being ignored.

As of last night we had three people working on it - myself, Gliding, and a young hatchling. We'd only gotten two sections finished out of a lot inside; which I can see includes a crystalshaping chamber by doing that flying-into-the-wall thing and popping the camera out of the terrain. ;)

~Mirsathia

To answer the question in the title of this thread:

YES they're completed! Maybe not the way you wanted, but they're completed (except for bug fixes, tweaks, etc.). While I hope they add a few things (sprials which exit 90 degrees and 0 degrees from entrance instead of 180 degrees would be top on my list) they are fully functional as far as I know. My lair will be completed in a year or so after I've hauled to it a small mountain worth of building materials. Or maybe a large mountain.

When have the devs ever told players where resources are? Finding resources isup to us andit's part of the game. If you look and look and look and are absolutely sure they're not in game you might submit a ticket. But don't be surprised if you get the answer you got and told that they're in the game and nothing else.

I don't know how hard it is with respect to biped plots although I know bipeds can take a LONG time to build up their plots too. But the construction isso different it's hard to say. And you know something? I really don't give a flying #$%^D&. It's not a race.

The concept of seperate but equal seems to be a myth. I.e. unless bipeds and dragons are identical in every way -- i.e. dragons are turned into bipeds -- it's impossible to get them exactly equal without making them identical. I do not want to play a biped. As long as they are different in anyway people will complain that this or that side has it easier. If they're going to have a game with distinct races with different capabilities everyone just has to get past that.

My only question is: is it fun? For me it looks like it will be. It has some interesting puzzle like aspects, it looks less boring then biped construction (VERY important for me), it allows me to express myself and find unique solutions to my lair planning issues, it'll give me someting interesting to do for quite awhile, and when I'm finished I'll have a lair which I think blows awayevery biped plot in the game as far as coolness goes.

Others obviously disagree. Maybe lairbuilding isn't for them. You can't please everyone.

Wel I'm high level (relatively speaking *G*) I want to build one more p-way in my lair then I'll head out there to check it out. I must have walked by it a few times *G* Of course thats assuming it was in when I searched that area.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

hey if Allon or I are in game (Order Shard) over hte next few nights and the lair still isn't finished send us a poke, I know we'd be up for helping (we've not even placed our level 0 yet, still planning things out). And I"m a lowly level 6 (I think he's level 15/16 or something) in lairshaper so we are those younguns needing it ;) (even though we're 89 and 99 adventure...heh).

Also might want to make up a channel int he chat area to bring attention to the project, much like the world event had a channel (on order it was "Free the trapped dragon" or something - this one could be "Free the Teir III Crystals!!" :) and keep advertising all over the place.

Oh, and as for the original topic of this thread, most posts having to do with exactly your complaint DK are in this thread http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=111471

and some of us may not wish to repeat ourselves *chuckles*. Sometimes checking the same forum you post in can be good...

Goriax, I wasn't talking about having lairs in game. I was talking about individual dragons completing their own lairs.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information