Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok 2 years....

Default Ok 2 years....

So i'm back to see whats going on in horizons. No i will not try out the 14 day trial because i don't think you can really see how the game works in 14 days.

Have all the features been added in from when it first began?
    Has the lag issue been solved?
    Has there been anything added that makes the game unique? (key word ADDED)
    Has the Tech/Dev team stepped up they patches?

Main question, has it become more entertaining

And DON'T SAY ITS ALL ABOUT THE COMMUNITY! Please i'm tired of that excuse, I bought this game 2 years ago and i'm still waiting to see if they add all the features they were suppose to have in it from the begining. All I've been is disappointed in this game, I had high hopes for it because it sounded so cool. The concept of a truely dynamic world , where the undead would attack, destroy towns and have to be pushed back.

Icetech

Default Re: Ok 2 years....

I just came back after like 20 months gone.... had expected major changes.... Lag is EXACTLY the same as it was at launch...

Walk into a building in town and wait for the npc's to spawn.... umm WTF....

Run through the wild... NEVER EVER see a mob unless you back track... since nothing spawns til you are already past.... same problems that made me quit before....

Memory leak from hell... play for 3-4 hours, port a few times then reboot or watch your HD run ever 2 steps you take.. (this on a dual core 3800+ with a 7800GT vid card and 2 gig of mem....)

I hope that answers your questions:)

The way I think of it...

TRY or BYE

Some whine, but many ppl still play...
    And if you dont like it you can always start playing SWG its even more fu*ed up then Hz...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

For what its worth, try turning shadows off and lowering your view distance. For whatever reason, shadows are on by default and cause very major lag for me. But with them off, I run just fine.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

But to answer one of your questions about added unique features, here are some of the major ones:

Satyr race (through a huge community event)
    Dryad race (through a huge community event)
    Dragon Lairs

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Drakolis
    The concept of a truely dynamic world , where the undead would attack, destroy towns and have to be pushed back.
    The world is not such as this yet. But now that the Dragons have their Ancient Rite of passage, and Lairs, a true war against the aegis will get developer attention.

You can find all of the patch notes since launch here:
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/notes/default.php

PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    But to answer one of your questions about added unique features, here are some of the major ones:

Satyr race (through a huge community event)
    Dryad race (through a huge community event)
    Dragon Lairs
    nope i saw those events. they were cool can all, but i personally thought they were just too simple. Not really Dynamic either. One server had the tunnel built for days before they were let into the Satyr area.

Dragon lairs though are interesting, if the game didn't lag to hell, and ranbetter i'd consider coming back just to get one.

Really all this game has thats unique right now is Dragons. I love them , but its not worth coming back just to fly around for awhile (even if its cool)

When i visited last i felt like there was no real purpose.

It's all about the community.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    It's all about the community.
    if you want COMMINITY, go to your next door and say hi. A game is a game, and if its not entertaining then why play? I am just still mad at this company for putting out a product that didn't have half of the features it advertised, and still doesn't.

And no I won't get over it anytime soon.

I still have yet to see any solid information here. No COMMINUTY info, just features about that game.

I still have yet to see any solid information here.
    Several answers have been posted. Your response was a hostile dismissal of the answers which were provided to you.

If you are curious about the game, there is a 14-day trial. Avail yourself of it. If you have no actual interest in the game and are simply trying to provoke a response from the community, woo, eek, it's a troll. There's your reaction. Move on.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Search is your friend. A simple search of the forums will net you any answers you might seek. If still not satisfied, and since you refuse to try the 14 day trial, then reup your account for a month. It's less than the cost of a trip to the movies or a dinner at a semidecent restuarant and it lasts a month instead of a few hours. That will give you all the time you need to make your assessment.

But if you ask me, I don't think you should bother. You're obviously not willing to give HZ the chance it deserves to prove itself so no matter what is good about it, you're only gonna see the bad, leave, then spout off about how bad it is all over creation. /shrug

Funds are too short to put money toward a gamei don't even know if ill like for a month.
    14 day trial as i said you can't really see how a game is in that short ammount of time.
    Reading up? yes i read up a bit.
    The things listed here I dismissed because those aren't REAL features. Those are just bones thrown to their customers, buying time.
    Mainly i'm just disappointed that this game hasn't done any better in the last 2 years its been out. I guess it goes to show, great ideas can be trashed if you rush it.

I'll check back next year if its still here...

Funds are too short to put money toward a gamei don't even know if ill like for a month.
    14 day trial as i said you can't really see how a game is in that short ammount of time.
    Reading up? yes i read up a bit.
    The things listed here I dismissed because those aren't REAL features. Those are just bones thrown to their customers, buying time.
    Mainly i'm just disappointed that this game hasn't done any better in the last 2 years its been out. I guess it goes to show, great ideas can be trashed if you rush it.

I'll check back next year if its still here...
    Let it go and move on with you life.

You will feel much better for it. :) Happy christmas to you and all your friends and family.
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

I know a really good priest that can perform an Excorsizm on you... Demons of HZ begone! Bother this child NO MORE!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

6 month ago I had the game running awsome on my AMD3000+ 5700LE SATA Raid partition. 1.5 G SRAM.
    I had 2 accounts and 2 killer plots.
    One plot I was working on full time and doing a bit of leveling while I was quarrying Granit for my Saris Manor House.
    Along comes rite of passage patch....
    Now whenever I run accross a character model I freeze up.
    Depending on how many, it can last as long as 20 secs.
    So now after throwing 200.00 into a raid set Im hosed again.
    I cant even go into a town..
    Well Im a very persistent player and sometimes even the performance issues just become another challenge of the game. so I figure out that if I turn off all the characters I can run around no problen I just dont see anybody anymore.
    All I see is your name tag.
    This is ok cause Im just crafting, so Im moving along anyway.
    Then Lets see Im probably one of a handfull of sorceres on my server and they decide tofix something they say was broken since launce basically, and that fix is to make mez spells break from DOTs.
    So now Im in Augon thepath to the Granit feilds.Its completely covered withNikel Golums and I cant kill em any more.
    At first I think theres something wrong they nerfed me, or something broke and I complain.
    I find outIts justreally how we meant for it to work.
    Thats it I canceled my accounts.
    Maybe the stuff will get fixed and They can justify why I should pay for this game at some future date.
    Oh but we aint done yet,
    Now they have plot reclamation.
    So I get an E-mail saying my plots that I worked to get for 2 years will be put up for auction cause Im not paying my subscription.
    Hmm..
    I log in and run around looking at plots and the state of the game.
    After forking up my 25 bucks of course.
    Im not a cheap guy by any means..25 bucks aint nothin, anybody claims finacial problems,and aint living with mommy to play their game probably needs to get out and get a job instead of playing MMOGS.
    Guess what theserver is a freaking gost town.
    I sell my alts plot....
    I decronstruct my plot....
    Thousands of novian resouces later I log my Alt back on..
    Guess what theres some plots for sale with buildings on em hehe.
    So I bought them deconstructed em andsold em.
    Oh wow another gost town...
    I can Imagine nowplayers who got lots with buildings on them for like a penny in auction.
    So now we have hundreds and hundreds of crappy little plots in deserted communitys and if you go to Chaos server you will not find one plot for sale thats worth more than 10 GP.
    I still have my plot and Im building a human vault so I can get my novians out of my town vault.
    I willre-cancel my alts subscription.
    If there were more high priced plots I would cancelmy mainSub also.
    Chances are I won't get my big plot back.
    Am I being blackmailed ?
    Feels like it.
    So I am forced to keeppaying with the hope that some day I can see characters in game again.
    Did I send in a ticket on the bug Yes!
    I got a check the forums reply after sending in my DIRX files.
    I wiped the cache! I wiped my drive.. I reloaded the game.
    No help!!
    I have this problem on two different machines.
    Thats all I have to say forthe things I think are wrong with the game.
    Ithink itswonderfull that they fixed all kinds of broken quests, forms, the ability to deconstruct buildings is awsome.
    The construction and plot mechanics are working great.
    The dragons got their stuff ect ect...
    In the current state of my computers performance on my server It cant really be appreciated.
    Iv been playing EQ2 and I swore I never would! but I needto play...so I play a game that works.
    And by the way Im seeing alot of people who are burnt out on WOW coming back to EQ2.
    This is just my experience, and this thread will probably be moved now due tobad press and serious denial.
    It wont matter though, because you have to look at the root cause of whats killing this game.
    It aint the content.
    It aint the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale2112

I sell my alts plot....
    I decronstruct my plot....
    Thousands of novian resouces later I log my Alt back on..
    Guess what theres some plots for sale with buildings on em hehe.
    So I bought them deconstructed em andsold em.
    Oh wow another gost town..

Guess what thats part of the probelm arse. Good thing you're gone.

Novian Ninjas freakin suck beyond all that sucks.
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Icetech

I am not big on building houses myself... whats the problem with him buying and deconstructing? seems like a easy way to get resources?

This topic about the novian land rush has been rehashed several times (I should know... I was a master hasher on that subject)

Nothing was done in-game to prevent people from pillaging, raping and looting the land for unused plots and resources, even if the machine served a purpose, just take a look at fabric island... all the player build processing machines are gone. Fabric isle is a waste of space now.

The worse thing is when "people buy plots, pillage, then delete their accounts" so no one gets the pillaged resources.

That's what sucks.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Yea right!
    What in this post gave you the Impression I was quitting.
    You missed the whole point.
    That being.... that performance Issues were keeping me from playing my favorite game.
    If you think that putting up your plot for sale when the Istaria Cartel comes along and tells you to pay up or face forclosure I suggest you take it seriously.
    Pay up.. or
    Step one; deconstruct your plot!
    Step two;sell it.
    I actually paid full Istaria prices for the plots that I bought and deconstructed.
    The fact that they left structures on them is just plain stupidity, or maybe they being as frustrated as me didnt really care anymore!
    They were notworks of art thats for sure.
    The first plot I constructed of wich i had to pay dearly for and was only an RC was built with myown blood and sweat.
    Completely surrounded with sandstone walls.
    This wasbuilt before the wall pussification.
    Yeathousands and thousands offreaking bricks of wich I made every single one.
    http://www.dalesheridan.com/Falathian_1.jpg
    2 small dwarf houses a large Feind house, fountain, 8 tents and 4 pillars.
    Fortunaly... and one of the things that made me very happy after coming back from another I hate you absence over the server consolidation I was paid back 80 percent of the bricks used to make the walls, and not 80 percent of what they were to make them after the merge.
    So you think that after they lowered the requirements and had built something most others lacked the will to build didnt piss me off?
    And if you didnt notice I deconstructed my own plot
    I Took another 20 percent hit on resources from my own account.
    I sold my plot my alts plot and moved in next to the portal.
    But why am I posting again here?
    Its christmas and I just upgraded my system.
    3 GHZ Intel EM64T processor, Intel D925XCV MBD. 1GIG DDR2 high speed memory.PNY nvidia GeForce 6600pcie video card, and an SLI ready 600Watt Power supply.
    Can I play now?
    Yes I can.
    Did the money I spent on this computer grow ona tree in the back yard?
    NO!
    WillI ever gett an answer on why I had to spend600.00+ more dollars to get this game to work again after It worked fine six months ago?
    NO!
    Oh and I just noticed frame rate smoothing is back.
    Cool!
    I have been an avid supporter of this game since launch.
    I'v said it before this is my gane of choice.
    You think I would have stuck around this long if I didnt love this game
    Hah!!
    Merry Christmas all!
    Dale

Wyrme Of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech

I just came back after like 20 months gone.... had expected major changes.... Lag is EXACTLY the same as it was at launch...

Walk into a building in town and wait for the npc's to spawn.... umm WTF....

Run through the wild... NEVER EVER see a mob unless you back track... since nothing spawns til you are already past.... same problems that made me quit before....

Memory leak from hell... play for 3-4 hours, port a few times then reboot or watch your HD run ever 2 steps you take.. (this on a dual core 3800+ with a 7800GT vid card and 2 gig of mem....)

I hope that answers your questions[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    nothing persoanl but for the most of us dont have these issues on systems less then yours. The lag has been reduced massivly since release. Even in tazoon I manage to get FPS avrages of over 55.7 now and no lag at all even after 3 or 4 hours of game play.

Thread Information