Thread: Museums/Display Cases

Default Museums/Display Cases

We like "rares." Every player does. And we like to show them off. For this I define "rares" as items which are either no longer obtainable in game or which are very rare drops.

So, I would suggest that the development gods implement either of the following:

1) A "display case" as a piece of furniture in our houses/lairs (if and when furniture is implemented) where we can "deposit" items that other players can view (but not take) when they click on the case; or

2) A "museum" structure much like Libraries where players can deposit rare items (e.g. Boars Hide Masks, Vengeance Scales, etc.) that can be viewed by all players, but cannot be taken by anyone other than the owner.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Museums/Display Cases

I would also like to see something along these lines. Build a suitable house and then have a carpenter build a display cabinet to go in it which works as you've described. Ideally I'd love to see something like a crystal display case actually show rows of crystals on its shelves as they're added but that might have to wait until the client is able to hide objects unless inside the actual building.

A visual display would be very appealing, but I like your idea of people being able to browse the items without actually taking them. I'm givingyour suggestion 5 stars [:)]

mbaucco

I wish it could be like Morrowind, where you can just put items down and have them appear in game, though you would need a way to lock them down. I would love to have a house I could decorate like that!

great suggestion Tantalyr [:)]

And whilewe are talking about this, they couldcreate a museum chamber for dragon lairs as well... [;)]
    Would be nice to dump my Shimmering Scale and Scale of melody and who knows even my vengeance scale (To busy crafting anyway with lairs ingame [:P])...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

absolutely great suggestion! :)

I recently had a friend tell me that the only reason he kept his SWG account recently was because of his "decorations" in his house representing all his exploits, included rare loot no longer found and such...

It really is a great thing to add to a game with houses/lairs (yes for both - certainly even a library could be something for this as well).

However, it probably would have the same problems they are reportedly running into now with the idea of "hoarde chambers" for dragons, which would supposedly display a growing pile of nondescript hoarde or something.

Which have been delayed, reportedly, due to the difficulty of getting the game to display an alterting picture or whatever something..(swear DB recently posted this..heh).

BUT We are getting the ability to put up pretty display/pictures over unused lair chamber exits..

So perhaps, this would be coming down the line...one day...*sighs*

imported_peladon

This be a thing many have spoken of, and mine own poor words no different. A past speaking is thus:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=85951

In concept, the thing I spoke was but a simple thing. Consider a place, like unto a library place. That place has shelves for things, like unto how a library doth hold parchment. But there be no stacking of many things in a single shelf, thus a first tier cabinet might hold 10, a second twenty, or some other number.

Now this place be such that any might put a thing within, but one in, only the owner of that place might take it forth.

And what might be put there? When first I spoke, I spoke of gems, for they were a simple thing. But now we have things of hoard drop such as crowns and sceptres and urns. So the gods have made the base forms of these. And these might be placed witihin. and each placed there might have an inscription upon it, as a made thing can be customised, and this also the gads have already made to be. And that inscription might be of a form that is free, or if it is for some wise preferred by the gods, of a form that is defiend and set with some small change.

And how might the things to be placed within be found? Mayhap a new vendor, approved by the Imperials. Thus, for a ten of copperye might gain a small gem of Amythist with a short inscription. For a silver, mayhap a diamond with a longer wording. For a ten of silver, a royal urn set with words. For a 100 of silver, an Imperial crown, or yet one of the ancient helms set with the chosen glory. And on purchase, the thing be set final with the name of the buyer ( not the one to whom it is to be given). And mayhap also those rare things one might keep, set with special words. A Mask of the Boar. A Mirror from thine adult rite. And more. These things might be given by those that set the mightier quests, and held for the delight of others to see.

And thus those that would commemorate the deeds of a friend or ally, or even themsemselves if they have that spirit, might have a thing made as gift, or as a keepsake, or as some other thing, and it would be seen if it had been made by the one displaying it or some other. And any might read that passed their lands. And all these mageries be mostly made by the gods already done...

And of the manner of writing be of a form that is free, then it might be that another thing may come. for then, for a smalll coin on a small thing, one might pass and leave a message to the one that holds the cabinet. And if this be an ill thing, then let the inscription be of a pre-set form, but if it be no ill then let the words be as the giver might choose.

Or let the winds blow some other wise, or not at all. My words be but the whisper of a forgotten wind, and those of a Fool no more.

Thread Information