Thread: Feedback about Weapon - Demon Claw

Default Feedback about Weapon - Demon Claw

I've got a DemonClaw. The effect is nice, however is waay too short lived to be useful. By the time you've seen the combat feedback scroll by, you have time for 1 attack and thats it. Casting a spell after seeing the "You hit xxxmob with Armor Shreds" will likely totally miss the effects' 5 second window, thanks to our slow casting spells.

The %chance is low enough that it doesn't even go off every fight, and this is against mobs with 8k+ hp.

I would suggest changing it to: 5% chance for a 15 second Armor Shreds effect.

As it is the claw isn't useful, simply a novelty.

Also, since it's a 'Demon' claw, perhaps some associated particle effects or graphics effect for the Armor Shreds is in order. Something "Demon-like" :)

Having something obvious and visible would be much preferred (and add to the usefullness as well) to having to try and pay 100% attention to combat feedback.

Another thing regarding the stat bonuses on it:
    +30 Strength
    +30 Tooth&claw

these numbers match what a t6 tech would give the weapon assuming we crafted one, but are only about half what a socketed weapon with a t6 stat crystal would give.

I would suggest not only for the Demon claw, but all demon weapons, valkor weapons, regal weapons, dryad event weapons,etc. that the +20 power etc. that they currently have be adjusted to equal or exceed the amount that a weapon crystal would give (Of the same tier). (I'll post this same paragraph in a seperate suggestion)
    Last edited by Guaran; April 13th, 2006 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: Feedback about Weapon - Demon Claw

Concering the bonus to stats and skills I can only repeat myself here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Narkano
    I strongly disagree.

Those special weapons generally trade a somewhat higher damage and a special effect with a somewhat lower bonus to stats/skills than a wellcrafted weapon with techs and crystalswould beable to grant.

I strongly suggest itto be left thatway since else these special weapons become significantly better than the best crafted weapons with the result of making crafting useless. You've got the same situation with WoW where you have a nice if not too well made crafting system.Crafting with WoW nonetheless is very unpopular since dropped equipment is better most of the time and the mobs dropping that gear being heavily camped all around the clock. I would not like to see that happen with Horizons as well especially not if unique dropsmightsome day be expanded to other kinds ofequipmentsuch as armor and jewelry for example.

- Narkano

Default Re: Feedback about Weapon - Demon Claw

And I have to strongly disagree with your disagreement.

Crafted claw with2 sockets ( i.e. cheap)

+45 strength (only a t4 stat crystal, higher tiers coming)
    +25 Tooth & Claw (t5 tech)

Lunus Ancient dragon crystal:
    +50 Tooth&Claw
    -5% melee recycle/delay, 5% Chance for Fangs of Fury +250 Tooth&claw, +100 Strength, for 15 seconds.

For one, in most situations the ancient crystal outperforms Demon Claw and Valkor's Blood Talon.Thinking these will replace crafted gear (not going to happen they are way too rare for that, even if they were superior) is empty worry. Make the values for stats EQUAL crafted gear, then when situation calls for the effect the claw has, you can unequip your CRAFTED claw (that you still use most of the time) and at least not loose any points on your stats.

You should play the game more, and attempt to obtain one of these, before making a claim that they will replace crafted gear. It's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Guaran; April 13th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information