Thread: Playercount?

Junulon

Default Playercount?

Hi,

I just saw this game today, and I will try it later. But first i have 3 Questions:

1. Is this Game good?
    2. Is it still worth to begin playing now?
    3. How many players play Horizons now?

Default Re: Playercount?

to 1) Hey we are the playing it, so why should we say its bad? [:)]
    to 2) This is a thing you have to find out by yourself, and for that you have to try it [:P]
    to 3) this is not WoW.. Community is much smaller but exponential better[;)]

Now, come on Chaldor, maybe he wants some more information [:P]

First, horizons has an upside and a downside. Upside are the underlying concepts, that still rule the MMORPG world. Downside is that there is only a small company behind it, that means that there are always some technical issues and less content compared to the "big" ones.
    But well, as said before, there are concepts behind: There are no zones, so you never have to see a loading screen again, the so-called multi-classing gives you a skill-based way to improved your char, every single class has it's own fighting style (like tanking, root-rotting, kiting, fighting by magic/sword/hands etc).

And there is a crafting system in this game that no other game can even compete with. Including a housing system, where you actually build your own individualhouse into the world, not in an instance.

Second: If a game is worth playing it, you can only decide on your own when you see, if it is fun to you. If you like non-stop-questing like in eq, then no. If you like community based improvement of your char and even the world around you (!), hz is for you.
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Beta-guild from Earth - and we are still here!
    Unity

Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Junulon
    Hi,

I just saw this game today, and I will try it later. But first i have 3 Questions:

1. Is this Game good?

I think so...It's a very nice change of pace comparied to other games. I like the way it plays and even though it's a button mash combat like EQ2 and WoW, it's alot more fun when you start multiclassing and getting all those different abilities. The graphics are almost excatly the same as WoW. The Map system could use a hella lot of work, but at least on is in there. And I haven't check to see if there is some type of brother program to go with the map system that adds where mobs spawn, where quest points are, etc. kinda like EQ2interface map program.

I dont' see why not. I don't see this game shutting down if thats what you mean. I just recently started playing again. Still the same ol fun game, and they are still adding positive patches to it all the time. So why not start playing.

Umm, not very many comparied to the other big market games out there. There are only 3 servers (I think) and they usually say light, or very light load. Hehe, but that is still not a problem as I always run into people at every city, and have already been in a couple really good groups.
    I will say this, if HZ borrows some ideas from some of the bigger games, that would really help with the ease of use. I don't want to see this game become easy, just more user friendly. I would say, to the DEV's, go look at the EQ2 map, with the added EQ2interface map program added, and add something like that. I like the currenty HZ guild structure, but add the guild interface and options that are on EQ2. I like the mail thing from WoW, and also the quest features from WoW, like the quest indacators.

I hope HZ progresses well, and isn't afraid to copy propular useful trends from other MMO's.

Iysa

Hi,

1. Is this Game good?
    Junulon,
    I've only been playing for a week, but love the concepts. And the different races that you can try.
    There are problems, but I haven't yet found an MMORPG that doesn't have any.

Think it depends on your style of play - no PvP (which suits me) - but great crafting system and I love the multi-classing!

Give it a go - if using the Free Trial you have nothing to lose, after all.

Junulon

Thanks for the answers...
    I have one more Question:
    What are the ways to pay?(couldn't find this in FAQ)

Eckho

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the game. I think its great.. And if your looking for a guild The Forsaken Resistance has a wonderful bunch of people that play regularly.

Iysa

Thanks for the answers...
    I have one more Question:
    What are the ways to pay?(couldn't find this in FAQ)
    From what I can tell, it's credit card only - at least, no other options appeared when I set up my account....

I pay via banktransfer, guess it depends on your country?
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Junulon

Anyone from Germany here? I want to know what payment options are available for Germany ^^
    uhm... how much does it cost per month? I can't find anything about Payment on the Horizons Website...

In germany eh?
    Banktransfer, credit card, several online banking plans they deal with.
    Lots of options in europe to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by geeky
    The Map system could use a hella lot of work, but at least on is in there. And I haven't check to see if there is some type of brother program to go with the map system that adds where mobs spawn, where quest points are, etc. kinda like EQ2interface map program.

Have a look here:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=104944
    The map pack is a set of markers for just about anything you want to find on istaria.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Junulon

Thanks. Now for this time I have only one question left:
    How much do they charge per month?

cost per 1 month: 12,95 ?
    cost per 3 month: 35,00 ?
    cost per 6 month: 62,00 ?
    cost per 12 month: 108,00 ?

PS: EU Forum: http://forum.gnonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    And right now they have a discounted price.
    well, not for EU players... [*-)]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information