Thread: Teleport potions

Jurossk

Default Teleport potions

Out of curiosity, has anyone considered adding teleport potions to the game? I am talking about being able to have an alchemist create potions that will allow the drinker to port back to a racial city. You could have different kinds of port potions, one for each racial town.

Some benefits I see to this is it would allow someone to bind on their plot and be able to port back to racial town. This would be especially useful for those who own plots inareas without a portal. I also think these potions would be in high demand and would allow alchemists to make a good bit of coin on the market.

Also, I think making this addition would be fairly easy for the developers to implement.

what are your thoughts?

Jurossk Scalefisst

Default Re: Teleport potions

I like it. Would make Lairshaping a lot easier--granted you could take your disk with you with them. Maybe higher tier potions would allow for more/different kinds of disks?
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Jurossk

To expand on the idea, port potions could be a little more difficult to make. For instance, a required ingredient might be a drop from one of the indigenous mobs surounding that racial town. For example:

Augundel Potionmight require a nickel golem frag component.
    Dralk Potion might require a lava oastic sac.

etc...

Jurossk Scalefisst

In the Confectioner meeting that was had on Chaos awhile back, DB did in fact already state there would be racial town portal potions/foods put in. I can't remember which it was gonna be (potion or food) but it is definately already being looked into and worked on.

It was food.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Because just the smell of a certain food can mentally transport you to another place and time? *grin*

This will certainly be an interesting addition to HZ travel. "The Aegis are attacking Aughendell! We must hurry!" ... "OK, sit here with me and have this fine meal." [:D][:D][:D][:D]

-Levity Merrel

At one point a year or so ago there was talk of allowing two bind points. One for cities and one for your plot. Guess that one has dropped off the table, which if we get the food, no one will miss it.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Thread Information