Thread: Buildable Portals and Portal Chambers for both plots and Lairs

Default Buildable Portals and Portal Chambers for both plots and Lairs

Make them same size as current portals. Make Chambers 24x24 so we can use them on doors that would otherwise be unused limit the number to 3 or 4 portals.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Default Re: Buildable Portals and Portal Chambers for both plots and Lairs

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Make them same size as current portals. Make Chambers 24x24 so we can use them on doors that would otherwise be unused limit the number to 3 or 4 portals.
    Great idea, was actually thinking a lot about the same thing lately...
    What I was thinking about is having a portal whichhasmax 1 or maybe 2 destination(s).
    Place 1 NPC in 1 of the racial towns to allow changes made to the portal like a gatekeeper is for attuning to a player town.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Perhaps it is, but it would for cut down on porting...

And you know it is something that will never be ingame, but we can always dream about it... [:P]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Actually it's kind of funny that this topic exists. I just asked David how to get a gate added and he said that they were working on allowing this to happen. Build travel gates on plots/lairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Travel is way too easy =/
    Unfortunatly, I have to agree with Kumu for once here. this will make things far too easy. I've already got a shrine planed into my Lair, and most of the Machines, along with 2 Halls, 2 lairs, and a few storage rooms, if it become possible to build Portals for the different areas in... I've still got plenty of room left.I'll havea world in a nut shell minus the resources and monsters, got a PB, Consigner, Processing tools, Recall point, decent amountof storage, little bit of sceenery. Who needs to go outside any more?

Yeah. But a custom portal would save some people the 3-4 portals step to reach their destination. Something that would be good in a game where every single portal is pushing you closer to a game crash, thanks to the memory leaks.

For instance, from my lair, I got to port 3 time before getting to the Abandonned Island because any of the portal has it.

Harro -> Papa -> Bristugo -> Abandonned Island

If I know I'm going to spend the next 4 days grinding at the Abandonned Island, I don't see the issue to put a portal directly there. It only save use 3 portallings and since most of the portal are always next to each other, people can't claim it's a distance shortcut. But it sure would help with the memory leak by slowing it down.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

If you think travel is too easy, then lobby for all teleporters to be removed.

If limiting the destinations available on a teleporter was done as either a time or money sink, then it was an utterly stupid thing to do given the state of the game engine.

Only in the case of the starter island teleporter, satyr island porters, hidden teleporters (The one to werewolf island, etc) , floating city teleporter(one in tazoon to the floating city),should the destinations be limited because they were quest related, or constructed for sole purpose of a special destination.

ALL the other teleporters should have ALL other destinations.

Having all portals lead to everywhere would be a bit....whats the word...weird, I guess. It seems wrong somehow. Player built portals, each portal can only have one destination(of your choice) might be a bit more acceptable. Only one portal per plot/lair. We don't need mini bristugo's on each plot = /
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

New Cargo Disk: Portal Cargo disk, which allow you to port to where your cargo disk was parked.

Useful when the machine are a long walk away from any port, or when you don't know where you have left you cargo disk ;)
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    New Cargo Disk: Portal and Shrine Cargo disk, which allow you to portor recall (when died) to where your cargo disk was parked.

Useful when the machine are a long walk away from any port, or when you don't know where you have left you cargo disk [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Fixed!! [:P]

Thread Information