Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback about cargo disks:

Default Feedback about cargo disks:

I think that cargo disks should be buffed in a way; right now the speed is very slow even usingone of thefastest disks. My ideais that cargo disks should be based off the standard speed of the tiered disk plus the players current strength.

For example say you are using a marble tarbash - you get the base speed of what the disk is +1 additional speed for every 100 current strength the player has. If the player has 800 strength, they will gain +8 speed while dragging a disk.

I think that this buff would be nice to have to cargo disks since the whole idea is that you are pulling around a heavy object and that it should be based off your strength. The +1 speed is not asking for much and I think it would be a generous addition because the speed can add up and be very helpful, especially in areas that do not have road bonuses.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: Feedback about cargo disks:

not true , dragons can use potions and also buff themselves to gain strength.. and if lucky bipeds can buff dragons..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

safaia

In my opinion it would be enough to enable the speed I - V techs for the disks, increasing the maximum speed cap. Very simple and everybody can get the same effect.

Speed techable Cargodisks!

This is a wonderful suggestion.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

I wasnt really talking about techable cargo disks.. I was specifically talking about strength as a boon.. as it stands not all bipeds multiclass.. and if dragons felt like they were at a disadvantage they could take the time to invest in some strength scales to help while crafting... +25 all around will definetly add up for dragons.. so the whole dragon vs biped thing should be disgarded.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

I know Frons, I was referring to the poster before me :)

Cause I like the idea of a techable disk better than bonus because of stats, because of the multiclass issue.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

One post deleted due to flame-baiting.

Pleaseargue your position withoutturning this into another dragons vs. bipeds slamfest.

Be seeing you...

Quote Originally Posted by Rover
    One post deleted due to flame-baiting.

Pleaseargue your position withoutturning this into another dragons vs. bipeds slamfest.

Be seeing you...
    Hmmm... was just planning a reply for that particular post and the topic in general... You spoil the fun Rover... [:P]

... ... ... ...

I agree that the disks should go faster but not by ways of linking the speed of a disk to the strenght stats of the player using it.
    Speed tech them for all I careand maybe allow the addition of a crystal socket for using a crystal which allowes extra capacity.

I would rather keep the disks just the way they are...
    Instead of using the suggestion given here now...
    For the very fact that in this case Dragons and Bipeds are equal:
    1. Both sides use them.
    2. Both sides are bound to the same speed restrictions.
    3. Both sides have to walk on the ground to use them.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

For the record, this may change in the near future, IIRC from interviews and misc posts by devs/employees.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Vizharan

For the record, this may change in the near future, IIRC from interviews and misc posts by devs/employees.
    All right so point 3 drops out...
    That still leaves 2 valid points to not changing it to the way this suggestion is...

The higher in lvl you go... The faster and bigger disks you can use...
    If you wanna get them faster... Tech them or Crystalize them... [;)]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I'd back a speed tech over a strength-based modifier. Making it strength-based forces specific gameplay on those who want this advantage; techs do not.

As a tinkerer, I could go for adding something like "turbo mode" to disks, a burst of high speed that consumes several recharge cells at a time, like Gangaf's boots of speed do. Five cells for three minutes, perhaps.

Recharge cells and reaping potions - the new face of crafter crack... [;)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I don't think a strength based modifier would be possible at this stage, having said that it would be nice to see. Failing that speed techs on cargo disks would be good.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I think Ill have to go with just techin the disk on this discussion... it would be nice to have a consumable recharge cell or perhaps a crystal socket, or even a speed or velocity tech to put on it.. who knows.. but I do know one thing.. when given the choice between a Tarbash and a Standish deluxe Disk.. I always choose the Standish Deluxe... Mainly because I like to have stacks in my CD and I like to be able to move quickly...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

yeah. The Tarbash disk is totally useless for normal laircrafting. Unless you have a silo to store your intermediate ressource, you'll spend your time back at your lair with half a capacity.

If you filled your Tarbash Disk with essence Orbs in plan to make Primal Essence, then proceed to make the cristal, the moment you made your essence, you got to apply them since you can't store them in your disc, And keeping them on you will halve your carrying capacity.

The bare minimum a dragon need in term of cargo disk? Something like the Tarbash (faster than deluxe) that can carry TWO items.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Well to counter all this,. I still think its a good idea and believe that all things aren't always fair. Having said that im done with this thread.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

I dumped my Tarbash in vault and it is gathering some major dust now...

Right now I am using my Delux Marble...

A whole lot less bulk to work with, but at least I can carry multiple items...
    I only need about 2-3 items... [:(]

A disk with around 10k bulk and 2-3 items would be nice, more would be better, but I doubtwe will be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik
    My ideais that cargo disks should be based off the standard speed of the tiered disk plus the players current strength.
    Per lore dragons are the strongest creatures then Half-giants.

Factor that in so that Ancient dragons > Adult dragons > Half-giants than have some consideration for character strength "buffing" a cargo disc's speed.

However, since game mechanics > lore . . . . bad idea as described above - leveling fitter, spell buffs, potions, teched gear, teched jewelry, teched tool
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I personally like the idea of speed techs on disks, and the idea for a socket to use the crystals of holding.

It's amazing what those gnomish tinkers will come up with..... ( insert lore here as to how they made it ) [:P]

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

While there is no existing correlation between strength and movement speed, disk speed, carrying capcitiesm etc. Albeit if you add one, that onecould be seen to logically imply the others. Which i'm not sure is a good thing.

But the primary thing that puts it off for me, is that it givesa bonus for those crafts favoring strength over those that favor dex, focus, or power, or those that get a balanced stat point distribution (5,5,5,5). If there were similar craft style bonuses for the other stats, i'd feel stronger for the idea.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    yeah. The Tarbash disk is totally useless for normal laircrafting.
    The bare minimum a dragon need in term of cargo disk? Something like the Tarbash (faster than deluxe) that can carry TWO items.
    Why should that be limited to Dragons? Everyone has to work with Steel/Cobalt/Mith, so everyone should be able to use a disk that would fill the void between Tarbash and Deluxe.

The only disk that should ever be limited to Dragons (think this is the "ground" hint earlier) is the one that is equiped for flight. Long time comming for something like this if you ask me!
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Thread Information