Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reklar's Tail Scale

Default Re: Reklar's Tail Scale

incomming. spells only. attacks only.
    So it has to be a spell and an attack to apply. By current definition this is never the case. Spells are no attacks.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

stormbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Excuse me but yes I do sit for hours and no I dont have another computer logged watching for the spawn. Yes there are others that do, but I do not! And there are many others that do not. Which is why I am lately getting bored and am thinking of going back to hunting comps or crafting. I am no liar. If I say something then its the truth. Sorry if you don't trust in what people say, but don't blame me for it.

Jayne
    See this is exactly why people get put off by posting. You go and get all defensive about statement as if it actuallu pertains to you. Guess what Jayne it don't. But atleast you admit that others do partake in the bahavior I'm talking about. I understand that if you work for something for awhile you don't want to hear that its not fair and if anyone got that idea then you've misread everything I said. Any Questions?

Sorry but you kept using the word "you". And yes with that word I assume you are refering to me and me only. Try using "they" or "most".

Jayne

Keep your whining and bickering out of my thread please. Thats what Rants is for.

Yea, sorry G. But as u can see I didn't start that, nor do I concider it whinning or bickering when clarifing something.

Jayne

is there a lunus scale like that?

At the moment I can say simply - No.

But there is a Demon Claw and a Blood Talon for Drags also. So quite Lunus friendly.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

thats correct. blood talon, demon claw and a reklar tail scale. Being a biped, I have no idea if these benefit helian more then lunus or vice versa. The tail scale is the same whom ever makes it.

Jayne

Demon claw if the most useful of the 3, and is a melee weapon. The blood talon's effect is most pronounced when tanking a bunch of mobs, but that tends to be the domain of a bomber (spellcaster). However the blood talon only goes off from melee. The small heal is negligible in 1v1 combat. The tail scale, i really hope they bump up the stats. Add t&c and strength for melee combat, reverse the curse, and make it reduce the dmg incoming even more. I mean cmon it's only against undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Demon claw if the most useful of the 3, and is a melee weapon. The blood talon's effect is most pronounced when tanking a bunch of mobs, but that tends to be the domain of a bomber (spellcaster). However the blood talon only goes off from melee. The small heal is negligible in 1v1 combat. The tail scale, i rally hope they bump up the stats. Add t&c and strength for melee combat, reverse the curse, and make it reduce the dmg incoming even more. I mean cmon it's only against undead.
    I'd actually rather see them make it more ineffective at melee rather than making it better. Helian caster's don't have any special scales other than this one.

How can they make it more ineffective at melee? It has NO t&c, NO strength, and only the same armor as a T5 scale, when it clearly should fit in the realm of T6 or higher.

It needs improving.

There's no good reason they shouldnt add melee stats to it. 1 scale can do both jobs. I don't see anything wrong with that.

How can they make it more ineffective at melee? It has NO t&c, NO strength, and only the same armor as a T5 scale, when it clearly should fit in the realm of T6 or higher.

It needs improving.

There's no good reason they shouldnt add melee stats to it. 1 scale can do both jobs. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    How about -25 to Tooth and Claw or Strength? That would make it more inneffective at melee. Or perhaps lower the damage it does so that it's less than bare claws would do since a spellcaster wouldn't be as concerned with melee damage.

It does need some improving but making it melee isn't an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Guaran wrote:

It needs improving.

How about -25 to Tooth and Claw or Strength? That would make it more inneffective at melee. Or perhaps lower the damage it does so that it's less than bare claws would do since a spellcaster wouldn't be as concerned with melee damage.

I'd have to say thats a stupid suggestion. Seriously.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Lycaunoss wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Guaran wrote:

It needs improving.

I'd have to say thats a stupid suggestion. Seriously.
    You're being narrow minded then. My point is that not everything for dragons has to be for melee specific dragons. Some of us are not melee specialized and I guess by your logic we shouldn't get items that are specific to our playstyle because it's different from your own?

Personally I would rather seethe other twoscales get a caster component. I am more caster based myself but I still use some melee abilities.No matter how you cut it we are hybrids and do to the fact that their are so few special scales and claws as is the ones we do have should be set up to improve both sides. That way your weaker skills will get a boost that will help you as well as your main skills getting a boost.

Please explain to me why something would have to be created to be one play style specific.

I have to say your suggestion if ever implemented would be the "narrow" minded path. Dragons are hybrid fighters. It's ignorant to assume you've got to detract from one to make the other stronger. as I tried to explain before, this scale when equipped is already taking the place of a scale that would (typically) have melee techs on it. So you gain the power and primal but loose 25 strength, 25 t&c, and 25 of say a useful resistance like +40 crush resist.

It should help both fighting styles, because we are hybrid. Or, if you choose to be a spellfighter, it still enhances that. But for say your guildmate who gets one, who prefers fighting melee, he can get use from it as well.

|mind boggles|

Please explain to me why something would have to be created to be one play style specific.

I have to say your suggestion if ever implemented would be the "narrow" minded path. Dragons are hybrid fighters. It's ignorant to assume you've got to detract from one to make the other stronger. as I tried to explain before, this scale when equipped is already taking the place of a scale that would (typically) have melee techs on it. So you gain the power and primal but loose 25 strength, 25 t&c, and 25 of say a useful resistance like +40 crush resist.

It should help both fighting styles, because we are hybrid. Or, if you choose to be a spellfighter, it still enhances that. But for say your guildmate who gets one, who prefers fighting melee, he can get use from it as well.

|mind boggles|
    It shouldn't. Problem is that we already have unique scales that are specific for melee. They are completely useless to a caster style dragon. If you want something for a hybrid then having all of the scales would be more beneficial would it not?

I would ask you why all scales should benefit all styles of play? It's not ignorant at all to assume that it is necessary to detract from one thing and add to another. It is far more interesting to have an item that would have these sorts of trade offs than one that was just beneficial to everything. It's not about everyone having a use for the scale. I personally consider melee techs to be a waste of time. I don't have any on any of my scales any longer. I'd like to see something specifically for a caster dragon especially in light of those other unique scales which are not.

....Problem is that we already have unique scales that are specific formelee.
    What pray tell are these unique melee specific scales?? Don't say Vengeance, because that goes off from Barrage and Gust. Don't say Ancient headscales, because there is one for each style. If you are thinking of Valdtmordts' chest scales, well there's one of those for each play style as well.

The ONLY unique scale in the Game is Reklar's Tail scale, which is Extremely hard to acquire. As it is it's a PURELY caster scale. A poor one at that with the dmg reduction only working on undead, armor being equal to a T5 scale.

I would ask you why all scales should benefit all styles of play?
    In the case of Reklar's tail scale, because 1) It's very hard to get, and 2) It's the only unique armor scale as of yet for dragons.

I personally consider melee techs to be a waste of time. I don't have any on any of my scales any longer. I'd like to see something specifically for a caster dragon especially in light of those other unique scales which are not.
    Melee a waste of time? I suppose thats your opinion, but I have no question in my mind who the more efficient and useful fighter is.

In case you haven't seen the stats on Reklar's Tail scale, it's specifically for a caster dragon already.

Lycaunoss wrote:
    ....Problem is that we already have unique scales that are specific formelee. What pray tell are these unique melee specific scales?? Don't say Vengeance, because that goes off from Barrage and Gust. Don't say Ancient headscales, because there is one for each style. If you are thinking of Valdtmordts' chest scales, well there's one of those for each play style as well.

The ONLY unique scale in the Game is Reklar's Tail scale, which is Extremely hard to acquire. As it is it's a PURELY caster scale. A poor one at that with the dmg reduction only working on undead, armor being equal to a T5 scale.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Lycaunoss wrote:
    I would ask you why all scales should benefit all styles of play?

In the case of Reklar's tail scale, because 1) It's very hard to get, and 2) It's the only unique armor scale as of yet for dragons.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Lycaunoss wrote: I personally consider melee techs to be a waste of time. I don't have any on any of my scales any longer. I'd like to see something specifically for a caster dragon especially in light of those other unique scales which are not.

Melee a waste of time? I suppose thats your opinion, but I have no question in my mind who the more efficient and useful fighter is.

In case you haven't seen the stats on Reklar's Tail scale, it's specifically for a caster dragon already.

Had to copy and paste and can't be bothered to use the quote tags so I just bolded your comments from before.

Starting from the top: There are I think2 unique scales for dragons.One of themis aclaw but those are still scales and I'm not going to get into an argument about claws not being scales. I honestly can't remember the name but I believe it'sa Valkor multi piece drop. Someone has linked it anyway.

When I said personally I meant personally as in my opinion. I dont do melee techs. I don't think that either is more efficient or useful as both styles have their place. I fully realize that the reklar scale is just for casters. You don't seem to have seen the other scales that have dropped but I assure you that they were completely melee oriented.

Valkor's Blood Talon is the name of the scale I'm thinking of.
    Carinde was nice enough to post a pic with it's stats in this post:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=107841

Starting from the top: There are I think2 unique scales for dragons.One of themis aclaw but those are still scales and I'm not going to get into an argument about claws not being scales. I honestly can't remember the name but I believe it'sa Valkor multi piece drop.
    There are infact 2 rare drops for melee-dragons, both being claws.

1.) Demon Claw, drops from SoG (= Son of Gigaroth)
    2.) Valkor's Blood Claw - Set of 5 different pieces has to be gathered from Valkor's drops.

Both have dmg 50-75 (so a bit more than highest crafteable), +30 T&C, +30 Str.
    Claw 1.) has a 3% chance of effect "Armor Shreds" (sets Armor to 0 in a Radius of 10)
    Claw 2.) has a 5% chance of effect "Eth.Leech" (like Eth.Paroxysm) in a Radius of 10.

So Reklar's Scale being for Helians is just fair i'd say ...

Thread Information