Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reklar's Tail Scale

Default Re: Reklar's Tail Scale

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Starting from the top: There are I think2 unique scales for dragons.One of themis aclaw but those are still scales and I'm not going to get into an argument about claws not being scales. I honestly can't remember the name but I believe it'sa Valkor multi piece drop.

There are infact 2 rare drops for melee-dragons, both being claws.

1.) Demon Claw, drops from SoG (= Son of Gigaroth)
    2.) Valkor's Blood Claw - Set of 5 different pieces has to be gathered from Valkor's drops.

Both have dmg 50-75 (so a bit more than highest crafteable), +30 T&C, +30 Str.
    Claw 1.) has a 3% chance of effect "Armor Shreds" (sets Armor to 0 in a Radius of 10)
    Claw 2.) has a 5% chance of effect "Eth.Leech" (like Eth.Paroxysm) in a Radius of 10.

So Reklar's Scale being for Helians is just fair i'd say ...
    Thanks HAG. I didn't remember the Demon claw. I thought there was another one out there for the meleers.

There are 3 total. Who cares what they benefit? all,nonje,some whatever. i agree with Guaran they should be better than they are (all 3) and i also want to say they are useful for everyone unless YOU choose to make them not *tails exception its terrible). I am Lunus as faction but dont give a ******** what faction prefs are. I use both melee and magic in combat constantly and do so because i am good with both and choose to utilize all my skills.

I have 2 main combat scale sets. Armor+T&C+Str+health(socketed forelegs),Veng chest etc. and a casting set Armor+P{ower+Primal+T&C and you know i do maybe 10 less damage than the "caster only" dragons around and can turn and punch out a 3k rage.

I enjoy casting and melee and based on what dragons have atm ignoring either weakens you because your not utilizing the variety you have.

as for improvement ideas for current items.

Blood Talon-increase damage to say 70-85. make it add some real; punch for once. effects fine and goes off decently. Also maybe add a nicer T&C/Str boost or pull a +30 to T&C,power,Primal and Str then itd be very nice but still imo not unbalancing.

Demon claw-the most useful at times but maybe reduce armor shreds to single target but make the duration meaningful like 20 seconds then itd be worth using for more then the few bosses themselves. leave damage alone as shreds would more then make up for it when it goes off

Tail scale-Kinda unsure where to start but adding a boost to all stats like on Blood Talon and some cool effect like a special stun or such and dump the useless undead deal. as for a curse most of REklar stuff lacks em so drop it off em all.

Seems like most items here suck. as mentioned i can craft blighted scales better than Reklars special and oh so easily too. sad and imo ridiculous. I dont like unbalancing items but these drops are nothing good and certainly dont even nearly reward the effort to get them

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas
    Seems like most items here suck. as mentioned i can craft blighted scales better than Reklars special and oh so easily too. sad and imo ridiculous. I dont like unbalancing items but these drops are nothing good and certainly dont even nearly reward the effort to get them
    I regretfully have to agree. I long looked for the Demon Claw, killing SoG every day - and so became a collector of those "rare" items, of which most are not worth the hype. And after finally getting the Claw i had to learn it's only "up" is the slightly higher damage - which still shows in roughly guessed +70 with each hit of GR (means a bonus of 210 dmg).

But armorshred is not what i had hoped. Talking of "hope" - please dev's, if you find a free minute, read and lissen ...

Armor shreds is fine, just needs either higher chance to go off, or to last longer. 5 seconds, with high delay weapons, (coupled with server latency-lag) your'e lucky if you get 2 attacks in.10 seconds ( or even 15) would make this one happy Dragon.

Thread Information