Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reklar's Tail Scale

Default Reklar's Tail Scale

Well the wait is over on what the effect on the scale would be:

Undead monsters only, so Reklar himself, Entombed Will, Shadow Dragon come to mind.

Default Re: Reklar's Tail Scale

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Undead monsters only, so Reklar himself, Entombed Will, Shadow Dragon come to mind.
    As well as all skeletons, ghosts, zombies, mummies, wraiths, aegrors etc of lesser, weaker, greater, mighty, veteran and elite or other status.

Anyhow, if I'm reading the 'engrish' effects list properly, this means you are protected from creatures listed above by a) having all melee attacks directed against you do only 94% of damage, while b) having all ranged spells (PBAoE like barrage is not ranged) do 104% of their usual damage on you? Or is this a Turnaround Tuesday Trick again, actually meaning damage that you inflict?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    b) having all ranged spells (PBAoE like barrage is not ranged) do 104% of their usual damage on you? Or is this a Turnaround Tuesday Trick again, actually meaning damage that you inflict?
    Well i read "Incoming" - so i'd suggest it's those attacks that hit you.

I don't know that scale doesn't seem all that good. Nice stat boost for a dragon like me that's all about the primal. Sounds like if you are wearing that scale you should stay away from undead spellcasters.

Yes, Undead spell casters will do an extra 4% damage. Thats the curse.

The Cudgel has a curse as well, something similiar to this.

Undead mobs that do alot of melee damage, is where this will come in handy. Also is nice for a spellcaster dragon.

I do kind of wish the effect was better, say Incoming attacks do 75% damage, etc. Nearly all of the rare items are like this. They are "ok" and not really anything special.

Looks like a tempting piece of hoard :)

Jayne

Another downside is that consciously avoiding undead caster mobs can be hard, almost impossible if you are already engaged in combat with your team. You're basically guaranteed to have a mix of melee and caster mobs, so the only sure-fire method to avoid casters is cherry pick targets one by one from outside the spawn zone.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

imported_Solanaceae

My first thought when I saw this was pretty much disapointment. Its a nice addition to a power/primal scale set (its basically like having a third foreleg in a good primal/power) but kinda blah for the undead stats portion.

For the amount of work involved, pretty unimpressive considering what could have been done to make it generally desired as opposed to being just a speciality item/something to have for the sake of having everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanaceae
    For the amount of work involved, pretty unimpressive considering what could have been done to make it generally desired as opposed to being just a speciality item/something to have for the sake of having everything.
    really with 1 or 2 exceptions that describes most of the SoG/Valkor/Reklar items. When they aren't broken, they're lackluster, especially for the effort involved. But *shrug* wth its something to do.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

im happy that this epic stuff isnt uber or mega overpowered

but 10% instead of 6% would be nice (6% sounds not very much, do you feel the difference?)

I fully agree to PJ: hey we have something to do/collect/hunt

imported_Firebrand

It's still a very good scale for a spellcaster. +100 Power + 50 Primal... yummy.[:P]
    And at least pure spellcasters have now an usefull rare item... Valkor's Talon and Demon Claw are pretty useless for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    It's still a very good scale for a spellcaster. +100 Power + 50 Primal... yummy.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    And at least pure spellcasters have now an usefull rare item... Valkor's Talon and Demon Claw are pretty useless for them.
    That is true but how many of us will actually get one? I've been on multiple Reklar hunts and never seen it or heard of it until I saw this post. I'd much rather it did something unusual. Perhaps something that dragons normally cannot do with any of their scales.

I would agree with Lycaunoss on this. I would've preferred something unique. It didn't have to be overpowering, but something with a cool effect an animation perhaps. I must admit, im pretty disappointed as well. Glad casting dragons have an item now, even though Im a lunus. ;)

would have liked to see a 5% chance Immolate yourself, with a neat graphics of you becoming completely covered in flames. have it do Immolate damage to you (the curse) and have it do extra flame damage to your opponent (like a crystal) while you are immolated. Maybe also have when opponent hits you (and its active), it does flame damage (like a flame version of spiked scales).

Or perhaps give you a % chance for a reklar type effect.

Something that all dragons could use, but with the curse balancing out any beneficial effect.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

I was hoping for % chance for a reklar type effect also. The paralyzing stun he has seems fitting for a tail. The supression effect can oscassionally be found on blighted scales, nothing new really.

And yes, I believe the rare stuff should be a cut above the other stuff. Something, maybe an interesting effect, should set it apart. It has nice power and primal, thats it.

This should have a tier 6 scales' armor as well. (90) imho

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    You can get this scale just by creating and deconstructing blighted scales......and it will work for ALL damage, not just undead.....
    Ya know, it didn't dawn on me until you mentioned it. You can easily get a blighted scale with 94% against ALL melee damage (undead or otherwise) with the bonuses to power and primal and without the curse.

I don't know if it's more hilarious or sad that a blighted scale can be much better than this one that is a pain in the tail to get.

They seriously need to rethink this.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

stormbringer

Don't matter its like every other quest out for supposed ubber item I don't bother. After seeing how cut throat most people got on Valkor said to hell with all of them. I can make most scales myself so will get by with what I have. There is select group that are in on all the new quests and sit out and camp the sites for 2 months to get all the pieces and run the kill mob over and over. if you aren't their personal buddy your chances are slim to none of looting all the said pieces and in all honesty is more likely you will end up paying 2 or 3 gold to buy the pieces from some biped. so then you get the ubber scale item and complain that its not as ubber as it could be.this is not a personnal attack against any one individual just calling it as I have seen it. I still expect to get flamed by someone in game over my opinion tho so drive on and will wait and see in game who decides I'm the social pariah of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer
    Don't matter its like every other quest out for supposed ubber item I don't bother. After seeing how cut throat most people got on Valkor said to hell with all of them. I can make most scales myself so will get by with what I have. There is select group that are in on all the new quests and sit out and camp the sites for 2 months to get all the pieces and run the kill mob over and over. if you aren't their personal buddy your chances are slim to none of looting all the said pieces and in all honesty is more likely you will end up paying 2 or 3 gold to buy the pieces from some biped. so then you get the ubber scale item and complain that its not as ubber as it could be.this is not a personnal attack against any one individual just calling it as I have seen it. I still expect to get flamed by someone in game over my opinion tho so drive on and will wait and see in game who decides I'm the social pariah of the month.
    I agree with you. If you're in the *in* clique you can get multiple shots at these mobs, otherwise your chances will be few and far between. Heh, last Valkor hunt I was in a claw piece dropped, there were two dragons there who could use it, but it went to a BIPED.

When they introduced these mobs I'd been hoping for something like the old EQ dragon raids (especailly the two original dragons in Perma and Sol B). For those raids, when the call went out they'd typically take any warm body if you were decent level, just because it was so hard to take them down they needed lots of people (also EQ didn't die as quickly when you got lots of people as HZ does). I was on quite a few dragon raids as a result. True I died a lot, but at least I got to take part. That doesn't work here. :(

So yea, I'm relieved to see I'm not going to be hurting from the fact I'll probably never see that scale or any other piece from those mobs. I'm sure some of the regulars will take exception to that viewpoint, but I don't care.

I wouldn't necessarily say its a clique, but it does seem to be the same people involved. I am one of them. I have fun hunting these mobs and have met several friends thru the experience. It gives me a break from the typical hunt for comps, etc.

Sadly yes, it can be very frustrating for others whom don't go like the regulars. But its also very tough on us. We have to literally sit there for 5+ hours so we don't miss the spawn. That is our choice, and its others choice if they don't want to wait. Sometimes there are 3 people there and sometimes 2 full groups,but no one is left out.As far as what drops, everyone does a random for whatever piece drops. If its a biped piece and a draggie gets it so be it. Most of us do use them for trade and make it a point to help others whom are needing a certain piece.

Jayne

stormbringer

Oh now Jayne thats not entirely true. You may sit out and camp the mobs for hours on end but this only true until you have figured out what the respawn on said mob is and then you start sending the tells to the in group and the fun really begins. Yes and you guys do trade with one another in the group or if they all ready have everything they need then you will sale left overs on market. Don't make out like anyone who does the new quests is spending their time sitting and waiting for boring hour on ends I'm not buying it and more than likely you have 2 computers up with one account sitting camping looking for spawn and other playing Gonad the Bavarian Alt off in the Land of LALA. Try selling to someone else, cus I'm not buying. Not that it matters do as you like for all of me.

Excuse me but yes I do sit for hours and no I dont have another computer logged watching for the spawn. Yes there are others that do, but I do not! And there are many others that do not. Which is why I am lately getting bored and am thinking of going back to hunting comps or crafting. I am no liar. If I say something then its the truth. Sorry if you don't trust in what people say, but don't blame me for it.

Jayne

Thread Information