Thread: Tier IV Island

Default Tier IV Island

As it stands, every tier of resources has its own island(s) except Tier IV:

Tier I: Lesser Aradoth; Genevia
    Tier II: Abandoned Isle; Scorpion Island
    Tier III: Trandalar
    Tier V: Saritova

Please allow me to petition strongly for the addition of a Tier IV island. Presently, there is only ONE place in all of Istaria to gather either Maple or Bright Essence--Feladan. So if there is only meager competition for the trees or wisps there, you have to just find something else to work on. Indeed, I can think of no other resources of any tier which only have one spawning area.

So please, could you put a Tier IV island with all Tier IV resources somewhere on your planning radar?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Tier IV Island

I second this. I'm in the latter stages of Tier IV right now, and while I'm not having a nessessarily 'hard' time finding things to fight, it was much easier in the previous tiers.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    As it stands, every tier of resources has its own island(s) except Tier IV:

Tier I: Lesser Aradoth; Genevia
    Tier II: Abandoned Isle; Scorpion Island
    Tier III: Trandalar
    Tier V: Saritova

Please allow me to petition strongly for the addition of a Tier IV island.
    I agree completly and would like to see a t4 island as well to make things easier.

Presently, there is only ONE place in all of Istaria to gather either Maple or Bright Essence--Feladan. So if there is only meager competition for the trees or wisps there, you have to just find something else to work on.
    I haven't checked the bright spawn in the maple trees for awhile, but assuming it is there then there are 2 distinct spawns for bright wisps but both are in the Feledan area. One is with the maple trees, the other is just outside the gates of town (this is the one I always work) but not contained within the maple trees. I do agree, however, that it would be nice to have another spawn in a whole new location (a t4 island).

Indeed, I can think of no other resources of any tier which only have one spawning area.
    This is not true, ironsilk only has a single spawn area as it does not spawn on saritova island.

So please, could you put a Tier IV island with all Tier IV resources somewhere on your planning radar?
    A t4 island with t4 resources would be a welcome addition indeed! I also propose that an ironsilk spawn be added to saritova island as part of the solution.

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

We have no need for a new landmass. The islands with the first sets of guild communities on them have no resources and no mobs of any kind. Rather than bring in another landmass, add some spawn to them.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

This is a good idea, but what about tier 6? Nodes for some things are going to get desperate very soon, especially for upper tier lair work. Don't underestimate the time in which it will be all thats left on t6 work. T6 wisps, t6 azulyte, nodes needed soon.

They could either add another island for t6, or expand eastward past the blight. Perhaps t6 nodes guarded by t7 mobs? Some really nasty stuff like t7 vexators, etc. something fun and challenging. mega golems ( think rift guardians made of adamantium) etc.

safaia

I agree to LaughingOtter, Add one or two interesting resource spots to every guild island. So why not Tier IV resources? This will add some life to the currently abandoned islands (be honest. Guild Islands are dead land. noone visits them at free will)

Adding Tier IV resource spawns to existing islands--including guild isles--works just as well. Tier IV and V crystal nodes were added to Saritova recently, Tier I crystal nodes to Genevia, and Tier II crystal nodes to Scorpion. So I should think it would be easy enough to add ironsilk, bright wisps and maple to other guild islands.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Replace one or more of the currently unnecessary training islands with T IV stuff.

Make an event out of it.

Elren

I've heard that the island that Greyling and Learna are on will spawn T4 once the artifacts and public buildings are finished (i.e. Lighthouse).

This is from a guildy that chats with a dev on a reg basis, so I make no claim that this is factual, just what I have overheard.

Dang.. I thought all those were done already... [:S]
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information