Thread: make "string interfaceTheme" useable

Default make "string interfaceTheme" useable

short time away I copied my Interface them into the ressources_override folder and redirected the string interfaceTheme="default" in the ClientPrefs_Main.def thats in the char folder to it (string interfaceTheme = "resources_override/interface/themes/default") and did some Interface modding on it.
    Well as i started Horizons i noticed that the client seems not to take any notice of these changes, so i come to the conclusion that the interface string is hardcodet in the client.

Is there any possibility that this can be recodet so players are able to lace cusom interfaces into folders that will not be overwritten by patching?

If you are afraid that someone could make a mistaken statement into this string and no interface would then be shown or a client crash happen, its really simple to include a failsafe routine to check if the interface string is correct or not.

Plz give us the possibility to create Interfaces that won't be killed by patching.

Default Re: make "string interfaceTheme" useable

If you are wanting to use the same custom interface with all your characters, and not have a different interface for each character, it is possible to make a patch-proof interface now. Just move your custom interface to the resources_override\Resources folder following its normal folder tree as in the regular resources folder, i.e. resources_override\Resources\interface etc. Any file not contained in the override version will be picked up from the normal default. The patcher will not overwrite this and it does not need reapplied after each patch, not do you need to edit any def files for this to work.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I have a custom Interface in "...\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\resources_override\interfac e\themes\default" but it seems not to be used.
    the prob might be the syntax of the interface string.

Itried doing this before too - but the ui seems to only work if you overwrite the ones in the normal directory - and then gets updated with patches - icons and other things work ok in override - but not ui it seems

safaia

the mapper tool stumbles over the exactly same problem. All graphics are safe in the override folder but the map window itself is not used from the override folder.
    It seems the program treats graphics and window definitions different.

Quote Originally Posted by safaia
    the mapper tool stumbles over the exactly same problem. All graphics are safe in the override folder but the map window itself is not used from the override folder.
    If you mean the mappack, there you have to redirect the path: string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps" and then the map works fine.

safaia

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]safaia wrote: the mapper tool stumbles over the exactly same problem. All graphics are safe in the override folder but the map window itself is not used from the override folder.
    If you mean the mappack, there you have to redirect the path: string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps" and then the map works fine.
    The map window itselfis still overwritten with every patch, even if the displayed map and most markers are displayed correctly onthe standardwindow.

Yes, one file is overwritten by patch but thats not too worst.
    I mady myself a batch file that copys a changed version of this file everey time i start the game.

Back to topic:
    Would be nice if some1 from dev side could say us if its implementable without too many work, that the interface can be loaded from the override folder.

Thread Information