Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love the new client update!

Xendrane

Default Re: I love the new client update!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    I was thouroughly impressed, I still lagged a bit, but I ported into Harro to help some dragons with an ROP and ran right through the city without going below 1 frame per second (which I always do) so they did something good

More testing to be done for sure, my hated spot in all of Dereth is Dalimond and Augendell so I will try those areas tonight.
    We're not in Dereth anymore Toto [;)]

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    It would be really swell if someone would be willing to go through all those setprefs and explain them in non-geek-tongue for us laymen....
    i heartly second this request.

torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    It would be really swell if someone would be willing to go through all those setprefs and explain them in non-geek-tongue for us laymen....
    I'll jump in with my vote for some sort of documentation on the variables. For those who are knowledgable when it comes to 3D applications such as games, a fair number are guessable in their purpose, but there are quite a few with ambiguous names or that aren't necessarily indicative of their purpose that could do with an explanation [:)]

Well, I can prolly guess what that shader pref is... It's what gives golems, grass beetles, and winter wolves their color. If you have the lowest shader on, it makes ALL golems look like walking dirt clods (with exception to gold golems because they were golem before they introduced the shading), grass beetles red, and winter wolves brown. These are the things that stand out most to me about the shader setting.

Of course, this is if my guess is correct. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh

By default the graphics quality will be best performance/best performance if you delete your graphic def and it generates a new one. best performance forces use of the simplest shader available, which in the case of water looks like poo. [personal opinion, ma not reflect opinion of Tulga Games or it's paid employees {but probably does}]

If all you want to change is the water effect and not increase any of the other performance type settings, use: /setpref useLowestLevelShaderfalse (will also affect most golems, some spiders, and several other newer MOBs)
    Thanks! Thats what I was looking for.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

well, my fps have gone DOWN actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh

By default the graphics quality will be best performance/best performance if you delete your graphic def and it generates a new one. best performance forces use of the simplest shader available, which in the case of water looks like poo. [personal opinion, ma not reflect opinion of Tulga Games or it's paid employees {but probably does}]

If all you want to change is the water effect and not increase any of the other performance type settings, use: /setpref useLowestLevelShaderfalse (will also affect most golems, some spiders, and several other newer MOBs)
    OK, just a bit confused. I don't care about the water, I just want emerald golems to be emerald and peridot to be light green again. Will this /setpref fix that or what do I need to do. Already tried setting graphics qualityy to good quality and still get poo golems. Should I delete graphic.def? And if yes could you please give me the exact name I need to delete or is it just the folder name and I need to delete all the contents?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Aye Death--just type "/setpref useLowestLevelShader false" (without the quotation marks, of course) while in game and the colors of the golems will return. If your graphic preferences file is in your client pref subfolder, and not the main directory, then your video preferences (including shading) should save each time you log out or in.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Cool, thanks. My graphics pref folder is in the default location.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information