[Community: Skaolloaks] I'd like to call this meeting of the Community Shard to order.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Okay, first the boring stuff:
[Community: Skaolloaks] Please be civil and above all brief.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Raise an appropriate appendage and wait until you are called upon to speak.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Indicate you are beginning by typing *stands*
[Community: Skaolloaks] When you are finished, type *sits* to turn the floor back over to the moderator
[Community: Skaolloaks] Okay, it seems we don't have enough members present to do the vote for officers at this time, so we'll just postpone that.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Next up: Community announcements.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Who wants to speak first?
[Community: Skaolloaks] ANyone?
[Community: Borinn] *raises hand*
[Community: Alexis] *caughs*
[Community: Skaolloaks] Borrin, go ahead.
[Community: Borinn] *stands*
[Community: Riayu] *stamps the snow off his feet* Greetings my friends *nods to various folks and dragons*
[Community: Borinn] I just wanted to let you all know I just came back to Istaria from a long stasis the Aegis put me in. I can say I've seen a lot of interesting things come about and am glad there is still some community here.
[Community: Borinn] *sits*
[Community: Skaolloaks] Okay, anyone else?
[Community: Skaolloaks] Alexis?
[Community: Alexis] me?
[Community: Alexis] *has a cold.. sniffles*
[Community: Skaolloaks] Well then, next on the agenda: Team Reports. Who wants to go first?
[Community: C`gan] *stands*
[Community: C`gan] Welcome to the first meeting of the new year.
[Community: C`gan] I have only a few things I want to mention. First off, with plot repos going on, we lost our tailor hall on Fabric Island.
[Community: C`gan] As many of you may or may not know, that has been remedied.
[Community: Riayu] *hisses*
[Community: Riayu] *claps*
[Community: C`gan] The community structure has been successfully rebuilt across the bridge on the south side of the island.
[Community: C`gan] Also of note, the amber mine in Tazoon for the dragons is going well. I've not been out there this week, but I do believe it either is complete or is extremely close. Any dragons care to elaborate?
[Community: dorrin] *raises wing*
[Community: C`gan] dorrin?
[Community: dorrin] *stands*
[Community: dorrin] just that the crystal chamber is done, which is the most important part. there is also a project SE of mahagra - the titian lair project - that has received little attention, but IMO within reason
[Community: dorrin] there seem to be far better areas to work titian crystals, even though there is no shaper nearby
[Community: dorrin] the location is -- 25090 29570
[Community: dorrin] oddly enough there is another nearby entrance.. not sure what it is
[Community: dorrin] *sits*
[Community: C`gan] Thank you.
[Community: C`gan] Also pertaining to the dragon community, several dragons are either in the works on building community crystalshaper chambers or have them complete. I have the honor of congratulating dorrin for Acul's and Ahura for Valley of Repose's.
[Community: C`gan] I would like to thank all the dragons who have also offered spots, particularly in Garnet Bay, Scorpion Island, and near other large deposits of azulyte crystals.
[Community: C`gan] I do want names and plot locations, though. These structures are EVERY BIT as important as anything we bipeds build.
[Community: Ahura] *raises claw*
[Community: C`gan] It came as much of a shock to me as it did to many dragons that only two crystalshapers originally came in. One in Chiconis, the other in Dralk. Far too few for such a booming portion of the populace.
[Community: C`gan] Ahura?
[Community: Ahura] I would like to add that Jorg, also has a crystalshaper, T4 in his lair behind the repose portal. tha's all.*sits*
[Community: dorrin] *raises wing and waits patiently*
[Community: dorrin] i was pleased to discover moments ago there is a crystal shaper in BOTH chiconis craft caves, not just the SW one, which originally had the only cauldron in chiconis (the E one also has a cauldron now)
[Community: dorrin] also.. i know there is a privat lair very near the cerulean azulytes east of chiconis that has a crystal shaper.. but i forget whose..
[Community: dorrin] i also don't remember what tier it is.
[Community: dorrin] there is a lair east of parsinia with a 60% + completed crystal shaper, also, owned by aghazstamn
[Community: Kryxia] *raises a wing*
[Community: C`gan] Thank you both.
[Community: C`gan] Mines. I've not had a chance to go out and resurvey the three remaining resource mines at Sslanis, Yewn, and Aughundell, but as of the last time I checked them shortly after the holidays, they were still incomplete, but resources were still being placed.
[Community: Fiko] *raises hand*
[Community: C`gan] Bridges. I was asked by a community member this week if all bridges were complete. To my knowledge, there are two yet, both low priority to be done.
[Community: C`gan] Fiko?
[Community: Fiko] *stands* Aughundell mine was in need of obsidian and cobalt work last time I looked, and that was all it needed*sits*
[Community: C`gan] Kryxia? Sorry. I got a bit ahead.
[Community: Kryxia] *stands*One thing about the player owned lair is I think it is owned by Taregan*sits*
[Community: C`gan] Ahhh, the one near Chiconis?
[Community: Kryxia] yes
[Community: C`gan] Ok. Grand.
[Community: C`gan] Other projects up and coming include a structure on Ice Island I was notified of and I do ask that scouting continue for more. We have found more resource fields so there may yet be more community buildings to build.
[Community: C`gan] Please feel free to update the project list on the website: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78442
[Community: dorrin] could you elaborate on the above? i'm curious..
[Community: C`gan] Elaborate on which?
[Community: dorrin] well.. heh.. all of it. what is on ice island? (i haven't been there in a while) .. and which resources? where?
[Community: C`gan] Ok, ummm. I was only given a brief statement that there is a something on Ice Island to be built. I really don't recall what it was, but it has been on the project list in a while. I'll have to check.
[Community: Fiko] *raises hand*
[Community: Riayu] *raises his staff*
[Community: C`gan] As to resources, places like the Acul steel field, Last Stand had a discovered cobalt/platinum/crimson azulyte field.
[Community: C`gan] Other new fields are not always given a big hoopla when they are added.
[Community: C`gan] Fiko?
[Community: Ahura] *raises claw*
[Community: Fiko] *stands* I might be mistaken, but perhaps the Ice Island structure in question would be the third gem working hut?*sits*
[Community: C`gan] Riayu?
[Community: Riayu] Aye, north and to the east of the landing pad on Ice Isle is a Gemworking structure at 60 some percent I believe
[Community: Riayu] *done*
[Community: C`gan] Ahura?
[Community: Ahura] I'd like to get some coords on that crimson azulyte field near Last Stand if anyone has them, later is fine, no rush.*finishes and sits*
[Community: C`gan] Now, getting back to resource fields, when Acul steel came in, a smelter was put in as well. So, as new fields are discovered, machines may also be with them.
[Community: dorrin] just wondering if you're certain it's crimson.. since those are tier 5, yet cobalt and platinum are t4.. though it _is_ near the marble also..
[Community: C`gan] That came as a surprise to me as well. Yes, I personally scouted that field and it was crimson azulyte with cobalt and platinum. Now, if it was meant to be something else and has been changed, I don't know.
[Community: C`gan] If you wish to help with any projects, please feel free to join the WorldProjects channel and give a shout. As we come off the holidays, I am hoping that we have a hugely busy building success.
[Community: C`gan] *sits*
[Community: Skaolloaks] Thank you, C'Gan.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Have any more team leaders joined us?
[Community: Kryxia] *raises a wing*
[Community: Skaolloaks] Kryxia?
[Community: Kryxia] *stands*I need to add something and that is on the crimson crystals are in the old fire island gem mine and I have a lair which has a tier 2 crystalshaper on Elia which I think is the closest crystalshaper to there without recalling
[Community: Kryxia] Just wanted to let people know is all*sits*
[Community: Skaolloaks] Thank you, Kryxia.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Is anyone from the New Player Assistance, Team on tonight?
[Community: Skaolloaks] Any who would be willing to speak?
[Community: Skaolloaks] I guess not.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Does anyone else have any announcements/business they'd like to put forth?
[Community: Fiko] Lack of klava during the mid-day and evening is a constant problem for me
[Community: Skaolloaks] Thank you. Anyone else have anything to say?
[Community: Riayu] *tosses Fiko [<!--LI 9544842 10550636>A bottle of Dwarven Brandy<!--/LI>]* This'll do
[Community: Skaolloaks] Okay, then. Before we wrap things up...
[Community: Riayu] *raises hand*
[Community: Skaolloaks] ...I'd just like to appeal to all our crafters to please help us keep the New Trismus and Kion Consignments stocked with Tier I items for our new players.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Riayu?
[Community: Riayu] Maybe we could set up a day this weekend since everyone is here listening now, to have a Open Market someone for browsing as I am full of things that I am sure others could use
[Community: Riayu] I will be doing something of the sort right off Bristugo pad, or Sakon pad with my Guild this weekend, to clear open space
[Community: Skaolloaks] That sounds like an excellent idea.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Anything else to add?
[Community: C`gan] *raises hand*
[Community: Skaolloaks] C'gan?
[Community: C`gan] *stands*
[Community: C`gan] First off, a warm welcome back to Menkure.
[Community: C`gan] Secondly, given how light we are tonight on votes, please go to your guilds and friendds and invite them to come out to the next meeting.
[Community: C`gan] We have much to be discussed and voted upon. We need a quorum vote of 40 members for some of these positions.
[Community: C`gan] Thirdly, if you know of people interested in being team leads for World Projects, New Player, or Events Teams, please have them come forward.
[Community: C`gan] This community thrives on people getting involved. This meeting is an extension of that involvement.
[Community: C`gan] I thank everyone for coming.
[Community: C`gan] *sits*
[Community: Menkure] Thank you C`gan..
[Community: Skaolloaks] Well then, if there's nothing else, I'd like to remind you all that our next meeting will be...*checks notes*
[Community: Skaolloaks] January 26 at 9PM EST
[Community: Skaolloaks] I urge you all to attend and urge you all to PLEASE encourage your friends/guildmates/etc to attend.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Thank you all for coming.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Meeting adjourned.