Thread: New Arena on Blight

Default New Arena on Blight

The newly renamed "Isles of Battle" now has two arenas. The old one is still available as well as a new "Coliseum". You'll also find a tavern to meet up and issue challenges, complete with Vault access. When the new food/deathpoint system goes in, the tavern will also be a useful place to eat away the deathpoints earned in the arenas.

Feedback is appreciated (this being my little pet lunchtime project). Check it out!

Lav

Default Re: New Arena on Blight

Sounds awesome might have to make a toon on blight and come check it out!

The tavern is a great idea to get some downtime inbetween fights, needs to be stocked with at least some basic food. Noticed that you had to travel for 3-5 minutes depending on if you can walk or fly to get to an Arena. Still think in a PvP senario just have that one school count and disregard other bonuses that the other schools provide.
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

There's supposed to be a road under the bridge to make the journey a bit quicker, but I think it's not all there.

They're intentionally spread out so that players at an arenadon't seeplayers at other arenas (or at the entrance island).

I went there last night and I say Awesome!!!!!! When they come live they will truly be appreciated. But....................the run to the old island is a weeeeee bit long. I stopped and turned around and went to the other one with the coliseum, which is why I went in the first place.

Glad this post is here. I wouldn't have even known if DB didn't tell me directly in game about it.

Anyway, thanks its great. I wish people were on blight so I could try it out.

Jayne

PS: We'll let you go out to lunch once next week so you can have a break. Oh just think when you move the office back to the old spot you can go back to the Flame for lunch:)

The arena is a great testing area, I use it to try new spells and scales/armor on my alts when ever i get a new set or want to see what effect teching a spell/armor has befor i make a full set. Im not sure if that was the idea behine it but for me it is aninvaulable tool for testing new things out or wanting to change things as mobsevolve
    What I don't get is your comment Jayne that I wish people were on Blight so you could try it out ,uh if you do a /who it shows you a listing of people that are in the shard at any given time. Or should I take it to mena that you wish there were people in the arean ?. Andy..
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Marsh, don't make anything more of it. I was referencing that night I went no one was at the arena and only a few on blight and those were crafting. I was hoping a few were actually at the arena so we could enjoy it. Plain simple.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    I went there last night and I say Awesome!!!!!! When they come live they will truly be appreciated. But....................the run to the old island is a weeeeee bit long. I stopped and turned around and went to the other one with the coliseum, which is why I went in the first place.

Glad this post is here. I wouldn't have even known if DB didn't tell me directly in game about it.

Anyway, thanks its great. I wish people were on blight so I could try it out.

Jayne

PS: We'll let you go out to lunch once next week so you can have a break. Oh just think when you move the office back to the old spot you can go back to the Flame for lunch[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

There has never been a guarantee that arenas will come live. Do not expect it. There has also never been a guarantee that they won't go live. You should refrain from saying things like "When they come live......". Might cause alot of dissapointment when they don't.

It's a hint asking that they do. I hope they do. Thats all. There sure lots who like to over read what is written. It's an opinon, a hope, a dream. And I don't see anything wrong in being positive and saying "When they come live". Sorry to each his or her own. And if they don't, I'll be one of the disappointed ones.

Jayne

Sounds exciting, think I'll check out the arenas this week to help with feedback too.

Btw, I have 2 guild members that have just returned to the game (actually family members) that are interested in testing the arenas out on Blight also, so can, or is, there still a way they can have one of their chacacter's copied to Blight? Thanks

PS, looking forward to the arenas when, or if, they make it to the Live Shards [;)]
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Thread Information