Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Fyakkis

Default Feedback: Fyakkis

The new "Evolved" Fyakkis are simply ridiculous. They overnight became easily the mostdangerous creatures around combining the most powerfuloffensive, defensive and spell-like abilities. Only named mobs may be more deadly. As a 5x100th level biped I cannot even stand a singleTier V Enduring Fyakkiin hand-to-hand combat. I am dead ifit ever manages to reach me.

They got the abilities "Evolved Assault", "Evolved Shell" and "Evolved Regeneration".The second of those seems to be their former "Hardened Shell" while the third one is a powerful regeneration. Additionally they got the Chaos Warrior's "Unbridled Energy",the Spearman's "Armor Piercing Attack", and the Guardian's "Wrack" ability. Beside that they are now able to "Multistrike", "Critical Strike", "Cleave", "Rend Armor" and still "Mandible Crush". All that with amazingaccuracy and ferocity.

They transformed from a stupid beetle-like creature to themost deadly Battletank around with all the most powerful offensive and defensive abilities available. Still almost invulnerable to damage for a time while dealing out upto about 5.000damage against an armor class of 1.500 within only a few seconds. Beside regenerating their hits of course ...

Don't you think, you've a little bit overdone them???

I suggest to somewhat revise them and bring them back in tune with their rating.

"Evolved" Necroflies are a real bit more dangerous than their normal brethren but provide a nice challenge without suddenly being death incarnate btw.

- Narkano

Default Re: Feedback: Fyakkis

i bet they still reward 0 coin too.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

They still reward the same stuff as they did before which is next to nothing so yea they are overdone somewot

Beside Regeneration they have the same ridiculous nature resistance like Evolved Necroflies ... so allnaturebased classes have no damage options against them either.

- Narkano

rofl... you may thank those who fussed about
    "farmable" MOBs. Tulga had already removed
    desirable loot from Fyakki some time back...
    now I suppose Fyakki will simply be ignored by
    adventurers, as there is no reward for the effort
    in killing them *shrugs* tis what happens when
    a vocal few become the "squeaky wheel."
    Got Cowbell?

Actually, they have greater treasure options than regular fyakki. But no coin because Fyakki have no use for it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Actually, they have greater treasure options than regular fyakki. But no coin because Fyakki have no use for it.
    LOL.. well then I guess I'll go kill a few to see just what these
    greater treasure options are ... otherwise, Fyakki will go on
    the permanent "ignore these pests they aren't worth the trouble:
    list [;)]
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    If you manage to kill one - a feat many classes are now unable to accomplish. Those greater treasure options must be tremendous because I killed a passing Wraith Overlord together with his group in 10% of the time it takes me to finish even one Evolved Fyakki. Provided that it does not reach me first and makean instant kill of me.

Such mobs might become intersting if you only have 1-2 per population to be someespecially powerful kind of its species. But not half of their number. They might even be larger than those normal creatures around them. And of course they should have a much better drop. Up to now I only got the normal drops ofevery other fyakki or fly.

- Narkano

Actually dragons are the ones best suited to kill those new species Kumu [:P]

While especially those Healer/Cleric/Druid/Shaman multiclassed characters have almost no damage options left to them.

This does not seem too reasonable, though.

- Narkano

Looks like Ill be trying thes guys out tonight ;)

Prolly just die real quick, but I'll report back what I find.

( 100 scout/ranger )
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Then watch out Aamer ... they are almost immune to nature and take 0 damage from lightning arrows ... think you willneither befriend nor like any of them [:P]

- Narkano

Fyakki : The new Avatar's of Pain.

Withered Aegis special report: Believed to be caused by short life-cycle and also by being hunted to near extinction by the Gifted of Istaria, The fyakki have evolved at a freightening pace. Only the strongest survived the magesand druids and sorcererswho hunted them. This lead to the current breed of tough soldiers, that we, the withered aegis can use to our advantage. By running supply troops thru the normal habitat of the Evolved Fyakki, we can be afforded extra protection..... details to follow in General Reklar's attack plan, which will be distributed to wraith masters, and on down the chain.

Immune from lighting arrows??? Well it's about time. A fyakki's armor should be invincible to arrows, nice. Tougher, better then before? Awesome, I love it!

Jayne

Evolution is a harsh mistress...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

So is this a bug or is this intended? If it's intended I'm inclined to go play with these critters a bit to see what I can do. I hope they drop a lot of hoardables to make it worth it. If it's a bug I'll just wait for them to fix it.

If it's permanent I figure it's best to do any experimenting before the changes to deathpoints go live that they're making for confectioners.

I figured that if they just want to make them unkillable in large groups just give them a stun or something. Any kind of serious debuff which has the effect of stacking would do it (stuns have that effect since each ogre can stun you in turn sort of giving the effect of one long continuous stun). At least I've never seen anyone killing ogres in large groups. Don't need to make them into death on legs.

Still, now I'm curious and we all know what curiosity did to the cat. Or in this case the dragon. Luckily I've got a lot more then nine lives.

oh it's intended...
    Got Cowbell?

It is not a bug.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So all fyakki's have been pumped up? Most excellent! Pump up all the mobs, give me purpose again. My blood is boiling again, I can't wait.......I'm shaking from anticipation. To me my axe.

PS: Amon, no it doesn't sound like a typical Istarian bug anymore. If they are not as tough as they say, I'll let you know to boost them a little more.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I figured that if they just want to make them unkillable in large groups just give them a stun or something. Any kind of serious debuff which has the effect of stacking would do it (stuns have that effect since each ogre can stun you in turn sort of giving the effect of one long continuous stun). At least I've never seen anyone killing ogres in large groups. Don't need to make them into death on legs.
    Actually this is just a different method of making them unkillable in groups.

The fyakki spawn has equal numbers of 116, 117, 118, 119, and 120 fyakki. Now the regular fyakki just received cleave in my experience, nothing too substantial.

But the 120 fyakki, are the evolved ones that are extremely dangerous. So 20% of the fyakki are dangerous.

People who want to go kill fyakki can kill a few at a time with some safety. People who were indiscrimenently pulling 10+ at a time, now have a bit of a problem as they're going to get some of the nasty ones.

So this is just another method of making them 'unkillable' or at the least harder to kill in groups. Whether I agree with this method is another subject, but that's what they've done.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

:( ******** them, make them all like the 120's! Pump them all up, make it so many run in fear of them.

And give them say an ability like"Ricocheting arrow". When there hit the arrow richochets and kills the attacker.

Jayne

Thread Information