Thread: The merits of a moment of silence...

Default The merits of a moment of silence...

I want to find out, if anyone would think it possible to coordinate and successfully carry out a "moment of silence" across all shards in support of Unity and its plight? And would it be worth the trouble?

Basically it would work like this. I set a time and date that can be agreed upon by the majority of members here. This time and date is then spread across to as many people in game as possible on all three shards. The more who know and can participate, the better. When that time and date comes around, everyone willing to participate in the "moment of silence" then logs off the game at that precise moment, waits about 5-10 minutes, then logs back in.

Would this be seen as an action worth taking or just too much trouble? Since my banner campaign I have been thinking of something new to try to get Unity's plight even MORE attention without adverse affect and so far, this is what I've come up with. I'm pretty sure TG knows about Unity as does GN and knows how we on the boards feel about it. But figured maybe if we could have a "show of hands" in this way, showing that the scope of support isn't solely based within the forum participating populace, the idea might stick that this really is of far more tantamount importance than other things atm.

Please provide your feedback on this and if it is a desirable and worthy motion.
    TIA

Kerik

Default Re: The merits of a moment of silence...

You know, I really do feel for the players on unity but this won't help.

The only thing that IS going to have an effect on anything is exercising your collective leverage by cancelling your GN accounts.

The total lack of comment on Tugla's part would lead one to believe that they are either totally unable or unwilling to help.

Write and call everyone that you can find at GN, Atari and Tugla and don't stop until you get an answer. But, just be prepared for the possible answers you might get.

Examine your TOS and anything else you have regarding the GN service.. you may have a legal case against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    However, I don't see that happening. People simply don't want to do it. Otherwise more people would have followed that one guild that did transfer.
    You'd be surprised how many have cancelled their accounts already, myself included. Sure for some of us who pay annually it doesn't make a big difference in that the accounts are still active for another 3, 6, 9 months etc. However there's more than just one guild who moved to the NA shards. Only one guild went public about it.

As for a moment's silence as originally proposed by Merriweather ? It won't accomplish anything. We need to grab GN Online and Tulga's attention, not the sympathy of those players already playing on Tulga's shards. Judging by the feedback on these forums, European players already have more than enough sympathy. If sympathy was currency then Unity would already be saved !

´Hm, i thought Tulga bought all rights from Atari, dont they? And if so GN couldnt run a server legally without permisson from Tulga. And if GN didnt run a legal server Tulga could bring them to a court and give the rights to an other Publisher.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you put in Snowdonia :)

But I fear this specific idea wont be noticed, at least on Unity they wont.
    Server load drops from 3% to 0% for 5 minutes.
    They won't notice.

They pretend not to notice when I fax them.
    They pretend not to notice when I send an e-mail to Laurent Malek (ceo of GN, I dont have his specific email adress, just those of GN employees, sendin them mails to the attention of their boss)
    They pretend not to notice when I send mails of complaint to Digital Bross (GN's mothercompany)

I really wonder how much one would have to pay for the database.
    Or if it is maybe possible to negotiate with them to buy my character out of the database.
    Never had a reply.

[edit]Haven't tried snail mail yet, that will be next. Now to get all Unitarians to sign :P[/edit]
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Kerik

Always write a letter of complaint, seriously.

I don't know what it is, but if you ever want to get a serious answer from a company always send a hardcopy.

Hand delivery would be a no-no, but laying out an additional buck or two to send it registered or certified would be even better.

Companies tend to view those who put the time in to put something down on paper more seriously.

I'd go along with it, but I don't think it will help :(

TG have made it clear they either can't or won't help, and GN just don't bother replying to anything..

I hope more people will come join us Unity exiles on Chaos (or Order) but I know there are some real "die-hards" that will not leave until GN stop running the game..

Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    We need to grab GN Online and Tulga's attention, not the sympathy of those players already playing on Tulga's shards. Judging by the feedback on these forums, European players already have more than enough sympathy. If sympathy was currency then Unity would already be saved !
    Ummm, I wasn't aiming at sympathy in the least. I thought a massive log out would draw the attention of TG and GN as THAT is hard facts they can SEE (hard to not notice a massive log out exodus for no apparent reason but the players decision). But as you've said, Unity sports 3% load and it going to 0% prolly won't matter.

But thanks everyone for the feedback. I had a feeling it wouldn't go over but it was the next idea that came to me and figured I would pass it by everyone. So thanks to those of you who gave input. :)

Organizing a mass cancellation would be far more difficult so that's not gonna ever happen. I guess we're just out of ideas to help Unity and there really is nothing we can do to change things as they stand really. Ashame that.

Aw well! Such is life.

There is a problem with that logic... do you think TG would notice nobody was on the server unless we told them? unlikely... GN? not a chance unless a WM was actually logged on.

We have to tell them there are major server issues when it happens, or they won't get fixed, nobody is monitoring them all the time.

Thread Information