Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls... Oblivion. You must see this !

Default Elder Scrolls... Oblivion. You must see this !

Hey all.

I am most eagerly awaiting the release of this title.

Take a few minutes to check out these movies from the upcomming release of "Oblivion".

Espically check out chapter 5 wherein it discusses the "Radient A.I."

Warning ... the dog gets it in the end [:P]

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

Default Re: Elder Scrolls... Oblivion. You must see this !

I am eagerly awaiting relase :D

I hope they release on time this time, but don't want them to put out something buggy because it was pushed out early like Ultima 9.

-HratLi's Player

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Its already been rolled back twice.

EB lists 03/28/06 as release date.

But no "offical" word from Bethesda yet.

The link isn't working, but that is porbably just at this point in time, anyhow. Oh yeah, I want this game to come out ASAP!!

Given my name came from a Morrowind Expansion pack.

The sandstorms did me in in Morrow wind... This looks amazing and what one of the threads said about it being more mod friendly than the last with scripting ect.. to the point where you could evenput invoice!!

Find the lost heir!?? I'll get right on that lol.. Third person PoV too!! yes!

Chapter 5 was great! The RAI is a mind blower. Tho the hotdog was a surprise ha!

Yea the sandstorms were annoying. Mostly because of the looping sound.

You are going to need alot of machine to be able to run this title for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UlteriorModem
    Yea the sandstorms were annoying. Mostly because of the looping sound.

You are going to need alot of machine to be able to run this title for sure.
    LOL I can run horizons right?! Not many games have had me afraid to go out at night or put me on the edge like the dungeons. I can hardly wait to for this one.

I wish I could get daggerfall running on XP.

I've been buying Elder Scrolls titles since Daggerfall. I'll probably pick this one up too.

Although I still think Daggerfall was the best. Sure the graphics were crappy by today's standards, but I definately like it the most.

I'm, as we speak, upgrading my machine for this right now. Someone said the MINIMUM req's were:

128MB AGP Video
    2Ghz Pentium4 or better
    512MB RAM

What I'm getting:

128MB GeForce4 (I already have this vid card now)
    1.6Ghz Socket 754 Athlon Sempron (I heard its roughly the same as a 2.5G P4)
    1GB DDR400 RAM

Should be enough, Hopefully lol. If not, I can always dump a better video card in, tweak this tweak that until it runs...

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I've been buying Elder Scrolls titles since Daggerfall. I'll probably pick this one up too.

Although I still think Daggerfall was the best. Sure the graphics were crappy by today's standards, but I definately like it the most.
    I totally agree...I really missed my horse most of all in Morrowind :), I loved traveling around riding a horse (in and out of town...).

And yea, I almost didn't upgrade to XP when I disocvered that It won't run Daggerfall....haven't been able to get it to run in an emulator either *sigh*

Is Daggerfall a DOS game?

Strange it wouldn't run in something like DosBox or something of the sort....I've gotten Heretic, Warcraft1, Warcraft2, Lands of Lore, Quake, and other such things to run with DosBox with no problem. Well, Warcraft2 was a little buggy now and then, with skipping issues, but I think that's more of a CDROM drive issue than anything, as it seems to play the "Mission Briefing" voice acting straight from the CDROM drive instead of having Voice files installed on the PC's HDD. Otherwise, it ran fine.

Now, if DosBox can run Warcraft2 (the DOS version), I fail to see why it wouldn't run Daggerfall....

If daggerfall is a Windows-Based game, try running it in Compatibility mode? not sure what else to suggest, unless you used DosBox, assigned a virtual drive to it, and installed Win95 on that virtual drive while running DosBox....

--Dhalin

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_faq.htm

Recommended:[*]3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor[*]1 GB System RAM[*]ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card[/list]

Minimum System Requirements: [*]Windows XP[*]512MB System RAM[*]2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor[*]128MB Direct3D compatible video card[*]and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;[*]8x DVD-ROM drive[*]4.6 GB free hard disk space[*]DirectX 9.0c (included)[*]DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card[*]Keyboard, Mouse[/list]

Looks like it's comming out on DVD. I think the Barton 3000+ cpu gets close. I'll have to check to see what that actually means in intel speak.Sound card could use a boost, tho I think the on-board sound is better than the pci card I have... Come to think of it why did I do that lol. Anyway thats a lot of juice! Think I'm headed to pricewatch and newegg to see what the prices are like.

Thankfully it won't be a major upgrade unless the CPU falls short by too much.
    I tried DosBox to get daggerfall running but I'm missing something.. I'll add checking for updates there to my list of things to do. One day *crossed fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Is Daggerfall a DOS game?

Strange it wouldn't run in something like DosBox or something of the sort....I've gotten Heretic, Warcraft1, Warcraft2, Lands of Lore, Quake, and other such things to run with DosBox with no problem. Well, Warcraft2 was a little buggy now and then, with skipping issues, but I think that's more of a CDROM drive issue than anything, as it seems to play the "Mission Briefing" voice acting straight from the CDROM drive instead of having Voice files installed on the PC's HDD. Otherwise, it ran fine.

Now, if DosBox can run Warcraft2 (the DOS version), I fail to see why it wouldn't run Daggerfall....

If daggerfall is a Windows-Based game, try running it in Compatibility mode? not sure what else to suggest, unless you used DosBox, assigned a virtual drive to it, and installed Win95 on that virtual drive while running DosBox....

--Dhalin
    Yeppers it's DOS :( If you can figure out how to get it running on DosBox please share!!I think there is a cdrom issue here too.. loops saying ya have to use the cd and I don't recall the error message in the cmd window.

Didn't get anywhere with Compatibility mode

Huh!? and installed win95? lmao well that may be the part I'm missing, well no wonder there, as towhy I couldn't get it working. lol

Default GOLD! It's GOLD!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_faq.htm

:D Date out is March 20th!

Get shopping!

-HratLi
    Who will likely not be on very much for a few weeks afterwards...

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Default Re: GOLD! It's GOLD!

*Happy Dance*

wait...is it ONLY out on dvd rom?? Seriously?? no CDROM???

*begins to curse, long, loudly, and magnificently)

Yep, looks like DVD only...

Oh, well. More time for lairshaping... [^o)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I haven't tried to install Daggerfall on a box for a LONG time. I suspect it would not be as easy on my XP pro box as it was on my Win95 and Win98boxes. It's so old now it just wouldn't be the same. Besides I played that thing to death several years ago. I think I pushed two or three characters all the way through to the end.

Although I still like to play MOO2 which is also getting up in years. Ditched MOO3 after one session but MOO2 just keeps going and going and going.

I haven't been haunting the Oblivian site. I really hope they have horses though. All these fantasy games (including Horizons) really should have horses.

Default Re:It's GOLD! (Retail Package) Collectors Edition

The collectors edition retail packaging confirms the DVD. 4gigs sure would be a lot of CD disks. At the rock bottom prices for DVD drives, I"m seeing online, I'm curious why that is prohibitive to being able to play. From what I've seen one that would install the game is actually less than the game in cost.

Heres a look at the packaging.
    http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item...earch=oblivion

For an example on drive prices.
    http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Ca...p;N=2000100000
    These are burners too at under $40 Do they make the straight players anymore?

Think I'll head back to see if I can find one.

In anycase I'm pretty excited about the game comming out and hope you guys will be able to play it.

Edit: Woot! found them 16 different DVD players from $20-$25
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=55

Kerik

Default Re: Re:It's GOLD! (Retail Package) Collectors Edition

If you have an office max nearby they ran a special recently for a basic DVDRom for ~$10 a couple weeks ago.

I was able to pick one up after the sale for the same price.

Thread Information