Thread: Feedback about quest: Adult Rite of Passage

Default Feedback about quest: Adult Rite of Passage

OK, could some dev please tell me what on Earth is up with the adult Rite of Passage? You can start it at an adventurer level of 30, yet the mobs you're supposed to take on are WAY too hard for that. Even a lvl 100 hatchling can die doing RoP.

Why on Earth are the mobs so smegging overpowered for something like this? What on Earth did the people who created this actually have in mind when doing this?

Another thing, many people are being really annoying to others by telling them they should level up to 40-50 or they're 'useless leechers', yet the quest has a MINIMUM level requirement of 30? These people are just making things worse with their flaming of other players. They assume the devs intended it to be finished at lvl 45-50/whatever. If that is INDEED what is intended, then why on Earth is the minimum level 30? Many people (like me), I'm sure, would think that if a quest is given out at a level, it should be DOABLE at that level without requiring the help of allies far more powerful than yourself. Having to get the help of those much more powerful than me to do ANY of the quest is just wrong IMO.

We need answers to these questions, instead of assumptions and people flaming others for getting as much help as possible on what I think is a quest chain ruined by mobs being far too powerful. You should NOT need to level up to lvl 50 in order to test skills, by the time you're level 30, you've got all of the basic dragon abilities, and you're ready to be tested.

Default Re: Feedback about quest: Adult Rite of Passage

Patience is a virtue. Maturity comes with time and experience. The onset of age comes with time alone. Imagine what the real world would be like if we could fast-forward sprogs to adulthood. I'm not sure I would want to live in that world.

I think the adventure level requirement should be level 50 for RoP (to finish). If you want to get started on the adventure at level 40, I don't see the big deal.

Originally level 40 was the requirement, not sure why it was ever changed.

I've never seen anyone be told that they're a useless leecher if they are under 50 when they start RoP. At worst, the advice people are given is that at 30, they won't be able to contribute meaningfully to most of the battles, which they will be able to do if they wait until 50.

The RoP is a quest that most people will need friends for. Someone who alienates most of the community or demonstrates a poor grasp of fundamental social graces is going to have a very hard time finding help for those battles. Those who make friends in the community and form strong ties willhave no problem finding people to help them. In that way, I see the quest as reinforcing community ties, which is a good thing.

The fact is, a new hatchie can be PL'd through the Lunus RoP in a matter of days, with a little help and proper preparation. All you need is several silos full of resources and big pile of trophies. That fact has been demonstrated conclusivly on several occasions. That is whysome dragon players feel the requirements are in fact low, and the quest, if anything, is too easy.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Even at level 50 they will need help for Entombed Will, Esh, and if Helian with Kaa.

I don't know what server jdavidc plays on, but it's pretty rare for someone to be scorned for asking for help. Now if they are begging and do not appear to even be trying (happens once in awhile) then perhaps some backlash was created/warranted. I ignore players who act like that.

I think that having someone guide you through every step takes alot of the fun and adventure out of it. There's a difference between that, and needing help for Esh.I will grant there are a few spots where the clues provided are lacking, and a hint is helpful in steering someone towards the right npc.

But you can tell the difference between that, and someone always asking "ok what next?!?" when a simple check of the quest log would instruct them. Even I find that behaviour tries my patience.

I play on Chaos if you're interested. Fortunately many people are happy to help even lvl 30 hatchies out there. Now, if people were forming parties with 1 lowbie and loads of highbies to powerlevel the lowbie's adv levels, then I might have a problem with that (but even that isn't for me to deal with).

Lvl requirement was 40 and lowered? Interesting... well, hopefully there will be answers in this thread to the discrepancies between the starting requirements, the mobs, and the way the RoP is intended to be done (e.g. which parts are in groups, what size the groups are etc).

I think lvl 30 is actually long enough to wait until adulthood. Some of the dragon ability quests get really nasty when you hit there (mobs on AI/Scorpion isle anyone?). I certainly wouldn't want adulthood at something ridiculous like lvl 10, but at the same time, I think lvl 50 is a bit long to wait just so you can start being a dragon most players imagine (i.e. very large and able to fly).

I don't mind seeing ancient requirement way up near the end, I certainly don't like having stuff handed to me on a silver platter. I soloed what I could in RoP (30 adv/40 craft), and got help only when it came to killing mobs too tough for me.

Hmm, my dragon soloed every single adventure training quest from level 10 to level 50 (and beyond). Yup, he died more than a few times early on, but once he got the hang of how to use his unique abilities to best effect he rarely died after level 30 or so on those quests. By the time he hit level 45 he was regularly defeating beasties 5-10 levels above his current adventuring level.

It just takes good tactics, good knowledge of your dragon abilities, and good scales.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

WAAYYY back when this quest was first implemented, ther ewas a great outcry from the dragon community begging the devs to raise the level reqruirement (or add a RL time requirement) to the quest...

it was not raised, no explanation was ever given as to "Why not"...and in fact they had asked our input here on the forums before the quest came out, apparently to little avail - most dragons I think were pulling for the minimum requirement to be 50...

Also when the quest came out, huge outcry as to why it wasn't soloable - period. Wondering why it required a group to complete the tasks, and wondering why the solo option..wasn't. (yes, even a level 100 player needs assistance, perhaps just one biped healer, but yes its needed).

Explanation was asked - and never given.

Just take it as "that's how it is baby" - the Adult ROP was meant to require a group to complete. Just as the Ancient ROP requires others to help you. Its just one of those things.

They aren't going to rewrite it now, you just have to learn to suck it up (or not and quit) like the rest of us.

Who were apart of that outcry, and others, that have repeatedly gone unanswered for even any type of explanation.

And no, I dont feel that a level 30 hatchling getting to adult is a problem - and it isn't for anyone but Tulga to say that's wrong. Unless they raise the minimum requirement, they aren't saying its wrong. And I'm going to that other ranting thread right now where that draggie is griping that level 40 adults are horrible or something and giving him a piece of my mind.

Not a big piece..I can't spare too much ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JDavidC
    Lvl requirement was 40 and lowered? Interesting... well, hopefully there will be answers in this thread to the discrepancies between the starting requirements, the mobs, and the way the RoP is intended to be done (e.g. which parts are in groups, what size the groups are etc).

I think lvl 30 is actually long enough to wait until adulthood. Some of the dragon ability quests get really nasty when you hit there (mobs on AI/Scorpion isle anyone?). I certainly wouldn't want adulthood at something ridiculous like lvl 10, but at the same time, I think lvl 50 is a bit long to wait just so you can start being a dragon most players imagine (i.e. very large and able to fly).
    Originally we had to be lvl 40 to make the crystal golem spawn. I honestly don't know when they changed that. I know that when I did the RoP the bulk of the questing was done with myself and one other dragon. I'm Helian he was Lunas. It worked out pretty well.

Most dragons that I know would disagree with your statement about lvl 30 being long enough to wait. Most people believe that because the mobs are high level that when you are lvl 30 you are not actively participating in the killing of them. I tend to agree with that.

The other thing that those of us who have been around a while have seen is the people who get PL'ed through RoP in days. That has soured many of us to people who are not patient enough to wait. Since there's no way to tell who are the PL'ers and who are not everyone gets lumped in with the PL'ers. It's unfortunate but it's what's happened.

Incidently most of the dragons (if not all) that believe that RoP shouldn't be started until level 50 also believe that ARoP requirements should be higher as well.

Personally I'd go with level 40. I'd actually help a dragon that I know at level 40. If it was someone that I didn't know then I'd be more inclined to not help until they were level 50. Just in case anyone's wondering I started RoP as a level 42/56 and I was level 46/58 when I finished it but I was playing an awful lot back then.

I'd been playing the game for about a month (with quite a bit of grinding to meet the reqs) before I got to do RoP, so I wasn't one of those people who had REAL RoP easy mode by being powerlevelled from 1-30 or whatever. I personally feel the requirements SHOULD be lvl 30, I do not feel you should have to wait for too long to be able to get adult form. The grind (particularly if you're going Helian) isalready long enough IMO.If you want quests that involve testing your mettle against 'tough' monsters, a hatchling isn't exactly something that inspires terror in an opponent and would seem like something for that, while an adult doing the ANCIENT Rite of Passage would.

Level 30 is too early imho. Level 40 is about right.

They changed the Crystallized Golem spawn to 30, because a single level 40+ hatchie could get him to spawn and level 30-39 hatchies in the same group would all get quest credit. So people had found a way to bypass the level 40 requirement.

A level 30 basically HAS to be PL'd thru (someone else does90% of the work)every single kill in RoP. At that point it's not about being in a group, it's someone else doing all the work which is BS imho.

Somewhere between level 80 and 100 RoP is completely solo-able if you have t5 scales.

Thread Information