Thread: What Ancient Craft Schools would you like to see.

Default What Ancient Craft Schools would you like to see.

Everyone always asking for info on Ancient Adventuring schools But what would you like to see as a Ancient Craft school?

Default Re: What Ancient Craft Schools would you like to see.

I would like to be able to craft crystals and be able to craft HV items out of gold and gems

imbued crystals
    This page intentionally left blank.

Something that is not just a dragonish version of a biped craft school.

We know that, eventually, there will be adventure paths post ancient. Perhaps we could bounce around some ideas for specialized craft schools that will be vital to the development and use of those adventure paths. A quick, non inventive example (morning coffee has not kicked in yet): A branch of crystalshaping that would produce "Blood Crystals" that would enable a Bloodmage branch of adventurer to utilize and increase their abilities. Make the crystals degrade and expire over time so that there will be a constant need for that school to replentish them.

Due to hints here and there, Crystal shaping giving no XP and the crystal preview, I am pretty sure we will get a new crystal crafting class. Which will do nicely for having something offer biped. If this will be a ancient class or not I am unsure, I hope not. As to Ancient craft classes I would like to see more specialized versions of what we have now.

Ancient Scale crafter: Gains higher skill in Scale crafting. Is able to craft specialized scales similar to the Sytar scales or the imitation scales. Maybe also able to fit more techs per Tier. I.E. T1 & T2 scales can now hold 2 techs T3 & T4 hold 3 and T5 & T6 hold 4.

Ancient Spell Crafters: Same as the Scale crafter. Also maybe add in customizable spell looks and effects.

Ancient Crystal shaper: If not already planed as a ancient class. More advanced crystals like the old crystals. But this all depends on what they do with the class.

What Blue said.

It does look like we will get a crystal shaping type school. In fact Rawge told me that the crystal shaper has big things planned for it when I was moaning about the change to lattices.

ooh I like the idea of being able to craft very good Hoarde items :). As Blue Suggested...

A) Something bipeds want, need, and cannot make. Don't care what. Crystals would be fine.

B) I like Blue's hoard crafting idea, but I don't know how much market it would have.

C) Dragon confectioner. [A]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

My understanding is the planned second use for Crystalshaping skill, wasthe crafting, or combining of crystals for weapons and armor. (useable by all)

I think they alluded to that in a crystal rework preview awhile back.

I'd love to be able to craft crystals. Armor, weapon, jewelry crystals.

Crack open hoard items to unleash their energy to imbue gem/azulyte to turn them into crystals for use in sockets. Maybe even be able to customizethe crystal's effects arethrough some sort of component/technique system.

Iauquai

I see lots of good ideas here so I won't re-iterate them all.

I would add extra emphasis on being able to craft hoard items, or at least be able tohoard cut gems, or bars of precious metals.

Anyhow, I'd like to see dragon tinkering. Lantenal hints that he is researching that and I'd certainly love to see us get the ability to make cargo disks for ourselves. Maybe it would be the dragon tinkerers who discover the flying cargo disk rumoured to be coming our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iauquai
    Anyhow, I'd like to see dragon tinkering. Lantenal hints that he is researching that and I'd certainly love to see us get the ability to make cargo disks for ourselves. Maybe it would be the dragon tinkerers who discover the flying cargo disk rumoured to be coming our way.
    The flying disk is not rumoured. From DB on Order one night he said it will be in the works after the Golden grouper is finished. Which I take it to mean once they finish the ability to trick cargo disk The flying disk will be worked on. How long that will take is anyones guess but it is not a pipe dream at least.

Dragon Feast Preparing (food). This school would not need to be nearly as complicated as confectioner is. A couple choices per tier, no 10 minute wait to re-use the items (this will reduce the need for 40 variations per tier, and greatly simplify it. It's explainable because we got big stomachs :) ) couple hour dp time removal for the minimum item. Simple, Efficient, Effective. This is a Dragons hunt. So should be the food.

Dragon Hoard Crafter/Dragon Weapon Tricking a use for gold bars, gems, that can make nice looking items for hoarding, or even "ceremonial" style biped type weapons that can be equipped just for show. OR the ceremonal biped items can start out as a biped crafted weapon (crafted by bipeds), say mithril long sword, then the dragon combines that with gold, focused crystals, cut gems, etc to create something really fancy that has the stats of the original item and is possibly even imbued with something extra.... (this idea needs more fleshing out)

Dragon Lair Decorator crossover skill from the hoard crafter school, create fancy items like furniture for lairs, perhaps fancy golden, ornate mirrors for biped houses. Wall hanging mirrors, floor standing mirrors, golden glowing chandeliers. For lairs I suppose furniture isn't the right word, but you get the idea.

Cmon, Tulga, hire a few more artists.

I do not see them adding a Hoard Crafter class myself. Just because they have made a trend of it that dragons can not make something for thier self for high hoard. They seem to want us to need an outside source for hoard so everyone does not run around with max hoard, I guess but that is just my thoughts.

Dragon Roaster - (No I don't mean cook the dragon!) Basically I don't like the "We're changing it so the confectioners have something to do." yadda, because this means we will be entirely reliant on biped confectioners if we want to remove deathpoints.
    For a Lunus that's adding insult to injury.

Basically, I want to see Dragons able to do "Confectionery" type things. (Why in heck it's called confectioner is beyond me, since a confectioner makes sweet things, cakes, candy etc...)

Dragon Imbuer- Basically a class that will specialize in teching items, biped crafted or not. We could take it, and add special techs to it, imbue it with "Dragon Magic" so to speak, to make the original weapon/armor more powerful/more resistant. Perhaps even in addition to already teched weapons? Or would that just cause total havoc?
    It would be another class that would foster interaction between bipeds and dragons, where the biped would actually require the skills of a dragon for a change.
    After all, we *are* ancient, magical beings. Time we were allowed to put that ancient knowledge of magic to some use...

Thread Information