Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Istaria?

Default Disappearing Istaria?

Please please PLEASE, fix whatever you did to the game in that last hotfix. I can't leave a building/lair/cave without all my terrain disappearing. Its rendering the game nearly impossible to play for some now. I've had several guildmates suffering the same thing.

Updated card drivers and my .net framework hoping...but no results!

Anyone else having this problem? Or been able to reslove it?

**Yes I realize this probably belongs in the bugs forum. But something similar hasbeen posted in there once, and i know several people have sent in tickets on the matter and just want to know if its perhaps being looked into?**
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Default Re: Disappearing Istaria?

I get that problem occasionally. Not all the time but sometimes. The terrain,characters and just about everything elseflickers if I just move my viewpoint a small amount and the gamebecomes pretty much unplayable. I submitted a ticket on it last night. I haven't gotten any response yet other then the acknowledgement that they got the ticket.

Looks to me like they were a bit overenthusiastic about the culling to improve performance.

At least for me relogging fixes it for awhile. I couldn't find anything else which definately did. However, I had more problems with it last night then I did today. I cleared my cache last night but I don't know if that had anything to do with fewer problems today. Since I've been in different areas it could mean nothing other then the problem is worse in some areas then in others.

I had this bug hit me twice last evening. Today however, I survied my entire long game session without the bug appearing once. As theorized above, I too suspect this is overzealous occlusion code at work. The symptoms are:
    * disappearing terrain except when you face a cardinal direction (N, NE, E...)
    * alternatively, only certain squares of terrain disappearing
    * objects disappearing when you approach them (buildings, terrain objects, reosurce nodes)

for example, like this:

This disappearing terrain bug is not new; it did appear before, long long time ago, and was sometimes accompanied by your toon disappearing as well. I thought HZ engine had gotten rid of it, but I guess some changes have brought it back...

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Same here..... both Solitaire and I had the problem hit us at the exact same moment... so it might be a server issue as well...

All of the "Geographical" landscaping disappears, only things left visible are "player built" world models (I have a cool snapshot of my dragon's lair hovering in midair)

Relogging fixes it, but why it happens, and why it happens to "some" players at the same time and not others, is still a mystery.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Same here:
    - entry of alchemist shop shows up to the guildhouse
    every time i leave the shop that way the T4 house dissapeares and reappeares as soon as im out of the shop on the floorway.

Please bear with us a bit longer. We've fixed the client so that it now properly works with the culling and rendering systems. This has exposed some world asset problems and a bug in the world cache system. We've identified these problems and are working on fixes and re-exported world assets as quickly as we can. While accepting that this a serious but temporary problem, the benefits of the client working properly are significant for the long-term. Two suggested temporary work-arounds are re-entering the game and clearing the world-cache.

Thank you for your continued patience,

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Silkie

Reentering the game is worthless just as a FYI. I have been playing for 8 hours today and have had to relog into the game due to lack of graphics showing at least 25 times. That averages out to 3 times a hour. Clearing the world cache has not helped in the least bit. Do you have any expected ETA as to when you will get this fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Silkie
    Reentering the game is worthless just as a FYI. I have been playing for 8 hours today and have had to relog into the game due to lack of graphics showing at least 25 times. That averages out to 3 times a hour. Clearing the world cache has not helped in the least bit. Do you have any expected ETA as to when you will get this fixed?
    Re-logging helped me with my laptop last week with the same problem so it is not worthless. Results may vary depending on your video card. I have also heard some suggest a driver update with their card fixed the problem.

imported_Mearis

Same problem here, move around and it is just white with the trees or what ever is above the ground, but no ground or buildings are displayed. I rotate my character and some angles I can see everything fine, others it is all white.Most of my guild "The Alliance" and many of my friends are having the same exact problems. I have Horizons on two different computers (2 accounts) with completely different hard ware and they both have the same exact problem. There is no one or two places this occurs more then others.The only way I can get a normaldisplay is by closing the game and clearing the game cache, but even that only lasts about 2 minutes before the graphic bugscome back.

Segorian_bounty - Chaos
    Mearis - Chaos

Ophelea

Nice explanation, Gopher

I'm a bit confused as to how this problem ended up on the live shards. We had it on Blight for at least 2 weeks, before they isolated the cause and started fixing the things we had identified. Illyist even suggested that setting max visibility to 50% or greater seemed to help (lessen) the problem.

Are patches made to live even with known bugs based on perceived severity?
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

I didn't have problems with it at all on Sunday but if many still are, why can't they just roll back the client? Put the old client out (the one which was not occluding correctly but at least people weren't having this problem) and tell the patcher it's the new client. Everyone patches up and we can play like we have been.

Then the preassure is off, they can get their art assets fixed up and people will be able to play in the meantime. Then when they think they have everything fixed up cycle it through Blight again and this time pay very close attention to any problems they have.

At my job (where we also have to patch a client to a lot of machines) they won't even let us release a new client without a roll back plan.

I don't know if it's related or not, but one of our guildies is having constant problems in Dralk. They come out of the crafting cave and everything goes orange. They have to relog repeatedly with this problem.

Wow... our guildies are having the same problem, the 'orange screen'.

Is anyone else still having problems with random floating vertical stone disks ? I am assuming that they are the lair entrances.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I see the floating stone disks all over the place. At least it makes it easy to know when you're around a dragon lair. [8-)]

I've been seeing the floating stone disks for long before the client patch, though.

There is a a graphics problem in Manta on Chaos - There's a strip of landover thebottom of the sea that you can walk to the other island upon without drowning, fish circling your head and everything. I'm renaming my character Moses and claiming credit - have a few "Set my people free [li] " screen pics to document it (minus the name change)I'll get around to posting.

I'm not having any other problems with graphics and my fps rateseems better, so I can only have compassion on those who wanttheold client - the new one is good by me.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast
    I'm a bit confused as to how this problem ended up on the live shards. We had it on Blight for at least 2 weeks, before they isolated the cause and started fixing the things we had identified. Illyist even suggested that setting max visibility to 50% or greater seemed to help (lessen) the problem.

Are patches made to live even with known bugs based on perceived severity?
    This isn't new at all, they have been releasing known buggy content and clients for a long time...
    They seem to feel that the progress outweighs the negative, and it seemingly doesn't matter that it breaks the game for a large number of players.

tyshadragon

Quote: "Is anyone else still having problems with random floating vertical stone disks ? I am assuming that they are the lair entrances."

I've not seen them since last Tuesday. They were beginning to worry me as I was sure they were following me around :D

I only suffered with the vanishing Istaria bug this morning, a full scan & relog seemed to fix it and I had no trouble during this afternoon. I did take a few 'photos' of the lack of Mahagra, Snowfall & Summit to go with my stalker slabs, they are uploaded here:http://pics.livejournal.com/tyshadra...llery/0000p2dz

Edit: I don't think these forums like me very much :(

While I have never (yet! *crosses talons and knocks on wood*) had the whole world disappear from under my feet,I have had some interesting flickers in the middle distance, causing "holes" in the landscape and/or terrain objects. This happens especially if I am inside a cave or building looking out, or if I suddenly fly straight up in the air. Maybe it's just a rendering quirk.

Also, people running past me or moving into my vicinity have often appeared without their clothes. O_o Either that or full suits of invisible armor are suddenly in style....

Ah, so I'm not alone in this!
    I know several guildies had reported similar problems, but I hadn't seen anything else on technical part of forums or mention of it in MP while I was logged in; relogging and/or clearing world cache didn't help for long.
    After consistently and repeatedly having the entire world with the exception of flames and environment effects disappear, I've decided to wait til they fixthis to log back in game; I play to relax and enjoy myself, not constantly deal with a majorhassle.
    It's a bit baffling that this didn't get caught on the test servers, but I'm glad they are working on it, and it's always good to hear from DB. ;)
    - Grem

Thread Information